Glimpse at the New Unis

Thinkin that is last years. Pretty sure we can't do the hexagon in the numbers due to NCAA uniform rule changes. Have to be solid.

Thinkin that is last years. Pretty sure we can't do the hexagon in the numbers due to NCAA uniform rule changes. Have to be solid.

Don't think they have to be solid, just contrasting. Pretty sure the honey comb fits the bill there.

Ooooo.... Gotcha:bowrofl:

Since we are on unis I ran across these 2013 edition Nike GT jerseys.

8581864122_c41ba609bd_o.jpg

Those look really good. Where did you find them?

is it time to fire Bobinski? the Bob-meister? the Bob-a-rino?

I am hoping that what I saw was more of an acid flashback from the night I saw Jethro Tull open for the Stones as opposed to a real uniform that we will be subjected to at BDS@HGF. coach dodd must be spinning in his grave.

It is the same template uni, but I don't see WVU at all. I'm assuming you are referring to numbers?

WVU '13 unis

21wvuniforms_I130420225053.jpg
Why are they covering the jewels --looks like a defensive line-up for a free kick in soccer?

Because when the GTAA announced uniforms early in the past, they'd get inundated with 50 billion phone calls from pissed off alumni demanding them to change it before the season started. This way, they don't have to deal with that.

That's pretty lame. They're still going to get inundated with calls after the first game with people who don't like them. Remember the 2011 opener against Western Carolina when we had the gold numerals that no one could see? Yeah, I'm sure they got 50 billion calls that week. At least ahead of time, they could get the people used to the unis and get the grouchy callers out of the way.

Well, on the positive side, you CAN read the names on this one ..... :heelclick:

Those are last year's. They're not allowing the hexash*t on numbers this year, they have to be solid.

I actually like those jerseys for the most parts. My biggest beefs with those unis are, in order:

1.) I hate the different shades of the same color. Why two different shades of gold?? But, the blues are even worse. Why have the collar and accents be a nice dark shade of navy, but then have the numbers be a lighter almost royal shade of blue??? Isn't that fashion 101 - 2 similar colors clash (pink and red, black and navy, 2 different shades of blue). If they could just have a nice consistent dark navy on the accents and the numbers, that would improve the whole thing drastically.

2. I'm not a fan of the side diagonal designs at all. They make it no longer look like football, more like a robot fight or a race car.

They're not a lost cause. It would be easy to improve this.

Those are last year's. They're not allowing the hexash*t on numbers this year, they have to be solid.

Several schools have new unis this year with non-solid numerals. WKU & UT come to mind.

I think a lot of us have misinterpreted the new rule.

Wish what you are saying were true.

What looks lame to me is to have a "traditional" hat (like miami) then have new era unis as regards fonts, trim, design.

If we need to get a wacko shirt design, I think it would look better with solid pants & helmet.

When we wear the "Hex" hat, crazy butt shirts & pants it is just too much. And having a traditional hat like our Gold, it does not look good with the "modern" design shirt & pants. JMO

2 things that are certain each season in the CPJ era:

1) Top 5 rushing
2) Godawful unis

I'll accept #2 if #1 stays constant.

The Honey Smacks helmet doesn't bother me. It's actually interesting and the hexagon patterns disappear at a distance. It's the bubblewrap jersey that needs to go.

The Honey Smacks helmet doesn't bother me. It's actually interesting and the hexagon patterns disappear at a distance. It's the bubblewrap jersey that needs to go.

Too True .... hated that look from the beginning ... +1

Back