Glimpse at the New Unis

The Honey Smacks helmet doesn't bother me. It's actually interesting and the hexagon patterns disappear at a distance. It's the bubblewrap jersey that needs to go.

Yes - at least it was basically the white helmet that many have begged for since 2006. It looked good on TV.

However, the hex uniforms were the worst ever. Put me in the camp that would like to see the throwbacks more.

Wonder if the throwbacks for VT will be the Roof-era black tops/white britches :naughty:

Wonder if the throwbacks for VT will be the Roof-era black tops/white britches :naughty:

black would be the wrong shade of navy-blue.

2 things that are certain each season in the CPJ era:

1) Top 5 rushing
2) Godawful unis

I'll accept #2 if #1 stays constant.

I don't know if it's fair to attribute the uniforms to the CPJ era. Pretty sure he doesn't have a öööö thing to do with picking them.

I've also come to accept that there probably isn't any uniform style that would please more than about 50% of you, so it probably just doesn't matter what the guys wear. Someone is always going to bitch about it.

black would be the wrong shade of navy-blue.

I don't know if it's fair to attribute the uniforms to the CPJ era. Pretty sure he doesn't have a öööö thing to do with picking them.

I've also come to accept that there probably isn't any uniform style that would please more than about 50% of you, so it probably just doesn't matter what the guys wear. Someone is always going to bitch about it.
Navy-Blue is the wrong shade of navy-blue. And I know of one jersey that pleases everyone....

Not sure if this is what you meant, but we never wore black tops / White britches when TR was a player.

True - wore the gold, but white would be badass

Screen_shot_2011-02-25_at_10.17.46_AM.png

Okay I'll admit... I like the Tennessee smokey ones (other than the mismatching white helmet). And the Cal ones are cool - especially with the bear silhouette in the numbers.

Yeah, it's a shame they can't wear them in a game since the numbers aren't a solid color...:hiding:

“Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number.” There have been some exemptions in basketball, but the NCAA said Thursday that it’s up to the schools “to make sure the football uniforms they will be using adhere to this standard.”

example of not-allowed jersey number:
black-jersey-blog-274x300.jpg

not sure if this would be allowed, but i think you can get an exemption from the NCAA anyway (like Boise State will try to do apparently to keep that black jersey like that)
gt.jpg

personally, i dont think the honeycomb violates the rule since the entire number is still blue and clearly distinguishable and contrasting with the other primary color, white; but one can never tell what the NCAA thinks, they are not logical

Do we know that for sure? There are tons of uniforms on that list with non-solid numbers..

If you're asking in response to my post, no, I have no idea. I've seen the rule which says they won't be allowed to wear them, but I was just trying to stir up the same argument that has been cycled through several times during the offseason.

I would be surprised if the NCAA tells them no. Especially since all three of the Arizona jerseys in the link have multi-colored numbers.

Good news is we start to find out in a day or so.

Our team will get a 1/2 game suspension for wearing these jerseys. Elon will struggle against the giant GT logo at midfield, only making it past it 3 times without slipping down in the first half. They will lead 21-0 at halftime. We come out and score 73 in the 3rd, and everyone screams for JT to get in the game. CPJ brings him in to kneel it for the entire 4th. We win 73-21. Did i forget anything?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Our team will get a 1/2 game suspension for wearing these jerseys. Elon will struggle against the giant GT logo at midfield, only making it past it 3 times without slipping down in the first half. They will lead 21-0 at halftime. We come out and score 73 in the 3rd, and everyone screams for JT to get in the game. CPJ brings him in to kneel it for the entire 4th. We win 73-21. Did i forget anything?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Putting our sons in the bellies of the Elon women.

Back