Glimpse at the New Unis

Gotsis just tweeted this today. Look at the new Uni?

364ea8100e2011e3a52322000a9e02f9_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/dd8Rd6DzP7/

I have mixed feelings about the honeycomb. I think it looks kinda neat, but... but... yellow jackets don't make honey! I have a friend that went to KY and he likes to call us the Georgia Tech honeybees. These unis aren't doing much to dispel that image.

I have mixed feelings about the honeycomb. I think it looks kinda neat, but... but... yellow jackets don't make honey! I have a friend that went to KY and he likes to call us the Georgia Tech honeybees. These unis aren't doing much to dispel that image.

They still live in "hexacombs". So while referring to the design as a honeycomb is inaccurate, the design is an accurate representation of a yellow jacket's dwelling.

yellow jackets nest in hexagonal combs just like bees. go watch discovery channel or something.

E3Q1cLrl.jpg

Why do we keep uniforms secret like a state secret instead of using it as an opportunity for publicity (bad or good) and some fan excitement?

I know there's an instagram filter applied, but its obvious the gold from the main part of the jersey doesn't match the gold under the hexacomb on the sleeves...

:bigcry:

:rotfl:

Im not diggin the hexacombs...again.

The hecacomb numbers have grown on me. They wouldn't be my first pick but are ok. The wings make me vomit....I have an idea Russell...let's make our guys look like football players.

These don't have the stupid name tag drop down on the back. That is somewhat of an improvement.

Or did the solid golds not have that last year?

Either way, they still suck.

Ask him. It could be an old picture. We wore those jerseys for the Boston College game last year.

Agreed, I forgot about that one. I sent him a tweet to clarify. This could be false alarm!

These don't have the stupid name tag drop down on the back. That is somewhat of an improvement.

Or did the solid golds not have that last year?

Either way, they still suck.

Last year's golds didn't have the "drop tag" either.

gt12-96.JPG

This. It doesn't make any sense.

Because when the GTAA announced uniforms early in the past, they'd get inundated with 50 billion phone calls from pissed off alumni demanding them to change it before the season started. This way, they don't have to deal with that.

Back