Godspeed Bama, FSU,Texas and Michigan

Crossposting from the Playoffs thread, cropping Oregon out.

1701528858487.png

A dumb put this together. Probably Sankey. I’ll say it again. If Bama wins and all the other favored teams win, there will be NO SEC team in the playoffs. There won’t be argument for it. Not one based on logic nor precedent. It will be a boring lead up to the “selection” show because all “controversy” will be made up to try to get some viewers and clicks.

And the same can be said for FSU that struggled with BC, Pitt, Miami, UF (without Travis). The comparison to 2014 is pretty accurate now. I don’t get why people think Louisville struggled to 10-2, because they didn’t. You cant be a “pretender” and beat ND, NCSU, etc. The bad loss to Pitt was really the only truly bad game they played. UK loss was a bad turnover filled 2nd half. Guarantee they play much better tonight.
2 bad losses. KY sux, so does Pitt. No way L'ville makes the CFP. OSU would/should go over them.

A dumb put this together. Probably Sankey. I’ll say it again. If Bama wins and all the other favored teams win, there will be NO SEC team in the playoffs. There won’t be argument for it. Not one based on logic nor precedent. It will be a boring lead up to the “selection” show because all “controversy” will be made up to try to get some viewers and clicks.
If 'Bama wins, they're in along with Texas, Michigan, and Wash. Sorry, weak-ass'd ACC champ.

Honestly, öööö FSU and their fans. Worst fan base in the conference and I hope they miss the playoffs.
I thought Miami was supposed to be the Worst Fan Base in the Conference???

So this is the key though. Best team vs deserving. The committee keeps saying “best team” regardless of record. My ideal CFP is:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. FSU / Alabama*

FSU in at #4 with an ACC Championship or Alabama.

And I have Texas in with a win whether FSU wins or not. FSU is a very good team, who is now flawed more so than any of the others at this point. That could end up being the argument against FSU tomorrow if Alabama and FSU both win.

It would be TV and radio gold Sunday and Monday if the SEC is left out. So that’s my biggest hope by 11:30 tonight.

It would be playoff ratings kryptonite if the SEC is left out.

I'm not sure they have the balls OR the integrity to leave out the SEC under that scenario (even though they should),

Pencil in the CFP…..

#4 Texas

Only if Bama wins or F$U loses.

If 'Bama wins, they're in along with Texas, Michigan, and Wash. Sorry, weak-ass'd ACC champ.
We may find out, but I disagree. I think this is all mental masturbation. I think uga is going to win, and I’m not convinced fsu is winning. Ultimately, I just want uga to not get in. I don’t have anything against Bama. They are our last remaining hope like every year.

The criteria is not to put the undefeated teams in the four-team playoff," Sankey said. "If we did that, we would have FCS teams in the CFP. You have to look deeply, and I think the committee has to consider big-picture issues like the Texas and Alabama game. That was a huge night. Should that game be scheduled? Take that game off Alabama's schedule and what does this look like right now? You have to reward people for winning those games, absolutely. You just can't ultimately penalize them. It's not a one-week analysis; it's a full-season analysis."

Haha. I love it. If you just ignore the games SEC teams lose, they’re all undefeated. Especially powerful when the loss is out of conference.

When it comes to the ööööers in the selection committee, I ALWAYS root for chaos (or even KAOS).

Texas winning is a start (a two-loss Texas would have been a non-factor). Now I need Iowa, Bama and L'Ville to win. THEN WTF do they do for the final two spots? Leave the Big Eleventy-Seven out entirely?

I can dream, huh?

But, sadly, I live in Realville. Almost certainly UMich is gonna win. Prolly those damn mutts are gonna win ("we just pay more" IS their motto). F$U is a closer call, but I think they'll win, too, because L'Ville really isn't any good (damn, I wish they had to play Clem's Son)..

Which would mean . . . ugag, UMich, Wash and F$U.

Chalk.

I'm just praying to the football gods that it the gaggers get in they don't have a first round matchup against FSU. If UGA wins I want FSU to loose and I don't care if it means less money for the ACC.

Texas - OkieSt halftime... White Boyz can't dance! :lol:

SEC left out would be funny. Also Iowa winning would be funny

I hate the SEC. That said…NO way on God’s green earth does the committee leave out a champion from a conference that’s won the last four nattys. Just not going to happen no matter how this plays out. Even if FSU and Texass win by 60.

Bigger concern is if bama wins a close one. Might see two sec teams in there. FSU and Texas out??. (I know, early head to head). That said, dwags would be 7 pt faves over Texass if playing head to head.

I really hope bama wins narrowly and fsu and Tex win by 50, to set up the fist fights. Should have been an 8 team playoff all along. Idiots.

How the F do you set up a four team playoff with five P5 conferences anyway? Bunch of fn morons!

I hate the SEC. That said…NO way on God’s green earth does the committee leave out a champion from a conference that’s won the last four nattys. Just not going to happen no matter how this plays out. Even if FSU and Texass win by 60.

Bigger concern is if bama wins a close one. Might see two sec teams in there. FSU and Texas out??. (I know, early head to head). That said, dwags would be 7 pt faves over Texass if playing head to head.

I really hope bama wins narrowly and fsu and Tex win by 50, to set up the fist fights. Should have been an 8 team playoff all along. Idiots.

How the F do you set up a four team playoff with five P5 conferences anyway? Bunch of fn morons!
People saying this don’t know the following I take it:
If Bama is conference champ:

Bama lost to Texas
Mizzou lost to Kansas State
LSU lost to FSU
Auburn lost to NM State
Florida lost to Utah
A&M lost to Miami

The best wins the SEC have OOC are Kentucky over Louisville and Ole Miss and UGA beating us.

This year the SEC is bad.

Every single SEC West team outside of Mississippi State has an OOC loss. And the SEC West is considered the better division.

The best SEC wins OOC are
UTSA
GTx2
UVA
Louisville
oh And Cal I guess

Huge loss for Texas when up by 35, now 28 in the 4th Sark has starters out there and #1 WR Worthy significantly injured.

Back