Good article on GT recuiting Atlanta and GA in AJC.

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Haven't seen this posted. I'll just say this. There have been rumors around the boards regarding our recruiting in the state. In my opinion some on the boards have used these rumors in a poor way against our head football coach and program.

The article brings up some good facts. There was another quote in another article when Ball committed to GT from his head coach. Nice we're recruiting these schools hard.

AJC Article on Recruiting

Excellent article. I like the fact that Gailey
and his staff appear to be really focusing on the
metro area.

The chicken littles will be running for cover soon.

Thanks GTTeriffic, that was a great article. It is a must read for all Tech fans. I am so pleased to hear that CG is recruiting this state hard. Especially our own back yard. This news is extremely encouraging. I don't know why O'L refused to recruit in-state heavily. Georgia is football resource and if CG can make Tech a presence, then I feel good about his and Tech's future. I am beginning to feel better all the time. It is unbelieveable to me that ugag has signed 75 players from B.T.Washington high school while Tech has had none. That is mind boggling. Thanks to Coach Chan for building the bridges that he is now. Wooo-Hooooooo!!!
blue.gif
blue.gif
blue.gif

Great article. I have confidence in this coaching staff.

FatJacket, I think 75 players at Washington (nicknamed the Bulldogs?) had signed scholarships. Not all were with UGA, at least that is how I read the article.

Still, none were with Tech which is amazing.

Originally posted by Lionel Hutz:

Still, none were with Tech which is amazing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">O'Leary probably didn't get along with the coach
there or something.

We've just got to give Gailey a chance to get out
there and make an impact.

Originally posted by FatJacket:
I don't know why O'L refused to recruit in-state heavily.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is blatantly untrue. Half of our team is from Georgia.

DUH!!! Thanks Lionel!!
pat.gif
I didn't read it close enough. No, I didn't go to Georgia! When I saw Bulldogs and 75 in the same line, I freaked. But like Cracker said, still none of them came to Tech. Thanks for pointing that error out. I am glad that ugag didn't get all 75, but I am sure they got a bunch of them!
smile.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by FatJacket:
I don't know why O'L refused to recruit in-state heavily.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is blatantly untrue. Half of our team is from Georgia.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">In past we haven't recruiting Booker T. Washington heavy or Stephenson, where Ball plays. The Ball coach even made a comment that they finally got a player to GT. He stated that it's not like GT doesn't know they are there. In my opinion it's a great sign to get a player like Ball. We haven't done well at Brookwood HS in past either.

It is true that the last staff did bring in players from GA. Very true. Like you say half of our team is made up with Georgians.

Ok Deadhead, you are right! But aren't you at least a little impressed with CG's recruiting efforts so far? Or are you determined to be negative about any and everything he does?

Beeware,

What do you think about the High School coaches comments? Galey and staff made contact with Washington HS shortly after he took over as HC.

When was the last time that a player from a public HS in Columbus, GA committed to GT? I'll give you a hint (a long, long time).

I thought we were not recruiting GA HS players?

Also, Chan's track record and personal status = recruting traction we sure wouldn't be getting with a career position coach from Athens.

Beeware only comes out when he reads:

O'Leary
Mac
recruiting

Not in that particular order-

This article is great news. Everything we had heard prior to the Ball commit, would have led a reasonable observor to conclude that Chan was not recruiting Ga hard. It would be fantastic to get these 3 Washington guys, and combined witha bowl win would lead to a lot of mind changing re Gailey.

Rammsting, you are right on. These 2 things could change the whole outlook for a lot of people. The bowl game will be very tough without Collins who is questionable and the qb. play. If Chan can rally the troops this would pave the way for much brighter days!

Maybe if our AD wasn't on the radio making comments like 'we can only recruit 9 players in GA and 5 have committed elsewhere' then some of us idiots would of had a little more confidence in the staff. Kind of makes you wonder who the idiot really is.

I've been blue in the face from telling people how absolutely silly their notions of our recruiting efforts in Georgia were. Those that listened knew that we were recruiting more than 9 players. I even listed well more than that at the time. Anyway, getting my message across shouldn't be as hard now after this article and a few commits.

you would think there would be a lot of CROW being passed around for dinner.

but I will say this is a product of CG's secrecy. Because when people are forced to speculate they are going to think the worst.

I would like to see a better PR campaign next year. Even if you are doing your job you cannot treat the people that fund the operation like mushrooms.

I just hope we do have one of our best recruiting years, so we can get over some of those heartbreaking losses.

Originally posted by law_bee:
you would think there would be a lot of CROW being passed around for dinner.

but I will say this is a product of CG's secrecy. Because when people are forced to speculate they are going to think the worst.

I would like to see a better PR campaign next year. Even if you are doing your job you cannot treat the people that fund the operation like mushrooms.

I just hope we do have one of our best recruiting years, so we can get over some of those heartbreaking losses.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that some peoples nature is to expect the worse. However, you are totally dismissing what our AD said. You can't be too hard on folks for getting upset when our AD says that we are recruiting 5 players in GA.

Back