Good article on GT recuiting Atlanta and GA in AJC.

"I agree that some peoples nature is to expect the worse. However, you are totally dismissing what our AD said. You can't be too hard on folks for getting upset when our AD says that we are recruiting 5 players in GA."

I don't think that DB mde a comment about exactly how many players we were recruiting in GA, just a comment that not many of the Top 50 were smart and still available (which was probably true). I think he just said that it's harder to recruit here because academics are stressed more at Tech (which is true). I'm sure that there are several great players not on the GA Top 50 that can hack it here. And CG is trying to find them. Of course, we'll know more after next Fall, but I say good job so far!!

This deal about only recruiting 9 playes in GA is classic internet rumor. What Briane said was "9 of the top 50". That's not 9 in the state. And when I heard the discussion I took it as an estimate based on grades. What he might have meant is only 9 had qualified yet. Or only 9 had qualified and were interested in Tech. And people wonder why CG doesn't say much. Unless you are willing to tell everything in great detail people screw it up anyway. You're probably better in that situation to keep your mouth shut anyway.

Thanks ncjacket, lawbee, terriffic, ,MasterB, et al.....What a great thread. I could be labeled the "Vince Dooley" of Tech athletics with my normal dismal, pessimistic outloook. I am still shaking: "can all this really come to pass"?, However, Master B, and some of the rest of you guys (some named above) have helped this "what if" poster immensely. Sure some of you are just as overly optomisic as I am pessimistic but you are an encouragement and a hope.....I on the other hand, If I constantly stated my views would be one notch to the wrong side of Brother beweare(whom I love dearly, no matter what he says)(as long as he doesn't get personal with me,
wink.gif
!!
Anyhow, things are looking up, but I with my shakey squirrell mentality am constantly looking around to see what could go wrong. You "positives" help greatly to comfort any open minded "negative" creature like me. I know it is hard work, but keep it up. In the mean time, some of us need to quit dragging down the great possiblilities that lie ahead. Sure, there will be dissapointments, but hey, that's' life. Right now I am as "proud as punch" (Humphrey: good democrat, I mostly vote republican) over the way things appear. So, some things could go wrong. "Forgetaboutit" (N.Y. phrase). Get on with the blessings you have and with good morale, there is no telling what can be accomplished. I guaranda_ntee you that good morale will account for at least two or three wins a season. Shoot, I am so happy over EVERY verbal so far and shall remain so. I love every one of these guys that are coming our way and getting in the battle to conquor evil. I hate to say it again, but some of you yard birds neeed to get with the program......one of the most dastardly deeds that we can be guilty of is pulling down the morale of the fans, team and coaches. How would you like to dig a ditch with a 76 pound of cement on your back??? So, Mac did not get the job???? Hey, I too felt Mac to be a great prospective head coach; but note again: HE DID NOT GET THE JOB. I still love the guy and who knows, one day he may return as H.C. but As crappy as I may feel....life must go on and the more we get enthusiastically behind this team. the H.C. and all the coaches, the better off we all shall be. That score that we were whipped by the dumb-dumbs hurt me also....but life has to go on....quit dwelling on the past. The past is never truly as bright as some of us in our faded memories recall it. And neither is it as dim. I have gone on long enough to make a lot of enemies....If you are for Tech, I love you anyhow,but the future is now....if we don't sign but one recruit let's get behind him and pull for him no matter if he is a 5 star or 0 star. He chose Tech just like we did. If the coaches need changing that will happen at the proper time. In the mean time encourage the entire situation with your words of support and not detriment. If you must spit poison, put it in a cup and not on this board, or any other board, or to your neighbors.........Thanks..God's richest blessings on all......

Texamillion, I would pull for that 0star recruit as hard as any, but it is up to the coaches to get those real blue chippers, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING!!! GO CHAN THE MAN!!!

Originally posted by techrod:
GO CHAN THE MAN!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techrod has found Jesus!! AY-MAN!!

Techsamillion, are you drinking? No matter, I love your post!

techsamillion,

You're post above is an absolute thing if beauty! Thanks for sharing those thoughts the way you did.

Go Jackets!!

nice post techsamillion. I understand some tend to dwell/worry about what might go wrong and others look on the bright side. I like to think I'm fairly open minded and even keeled (love those cliches) but I do tend towards the positive. I just figure if I can't fix it I shouldn't worry too much about it. And it's more fun being excited and positive than not, at least for me. Join the crowd!

Back