"got what he deserved..."

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3641028

"They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper, who was benched after the Tigers' loss to Wake Forest loss and replaced by highly regarded sophomore Willy Korn. "Dabo Swinney is a fine man and will do an excellent job."

Harper struggled playing behind an inexperienced offensive line this season. His father, Jeff Harper, an offensive lineman on Georgia's 1980 national championship team, said Bowden's dismissal was justified.

"I'd call it karma," he said. "I thought it needed to be done. I think anytime a head coach or someone in a leadership position starts to place blame on his coaches and players, it weakens their respect on the team. His past experiences have shown he's done that."

so much for taking the HIGH ROAD

:pat:

Ah, he's a kid and he's mad that the ignoramus HC made HIM the scapegoat. Not saying it's cool what he said but I can't blame him either.

He's the son of a Dawg. What else would you expect...

From what I have heard, Cullen is one arrogant young man. This is not the first stupid thing he has said.
He is all about himself.
Remember him publicly stating he was going to transfer a couple years ago if he did not get more PT?

From what I have heard, Cullen is one arrogant young man. This is not the first stupid thing he has said.
He is all about himself.
Remember him publicly stating he was going to transfer a couple years ago if he did not get more PT?

Geez, him and Spiller? It seems like the team did not respect Bowden. He even promised a recruit the first carry of 2008, which the freshman promptly fumbled against Alabama.

This is the product of a coach not having control or the respect of his team.

When you've got a team full of rogues and total jackasses, it's hard to earn their respect. Most of them don't know the definition of respect.

Well, Tommy boy hasn't been shy about blaming individual players either so I'd say they were pretty well matched.

I am surprised that the media had access to these players to receive these quotes. If the players went to the media directly not through the SID the that brings up other issues. Any way you look at it this is a mess.

I am glad to be a Yellow Jacket on a day like today. How easy is it for a player to talk trash at the weakest moment of a man's life? Did our team do that with Gailey? Not once that I recall. To say some of the Clemson players lack class is easy and its true.

I am glad to be a Yellow Jacket on a day like today. How easy is it for a player to talk trash at the weakest moment of a man's life? Did our team do that with Gailey? Not once that I recall. To say some of the Clemson players lack class is easy and its true.

The difference is the players loved Gailey. From what it sounds like, that wasn't true with Bowden.

This must be exploited!!!

If I was CPJ I would be updating the players on this and telling them that this is their chance to walk into DV and DESTORY a team that experts said was better. :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

I am so pumped, I want to leave today to go to the game.

I actually rode the bus with Harper in high school. He seemed more arrogant as a Freshman than as a Senior. I, of course, have no clue of his demeanor now, but at one time he was a pretty nice guy.

I kind of agree with his statements though. Bowden was using him as the scapegoat. Tom Brady couldn't even make a play if the D-Line was humping him the whole game (I am NOT putting all the blame on the O-Line, but it definitely is not just Harper).

It's what he deserved," Harper said. "Dabo Swinney is a fine man and will do an excellent job."
Later Monday, Harper expanded on his comments, explaining that Bowden "tried to motivate us but guys were off the bandwagon. There were things I disagreed with and that my teammates disagreed with. I didn't appreciate it when he would say some off-the-wall things about me to the media. I guess one thing I can say is he gave me an opportunity to come to Clemson and play."

He was bitter about being thrown to the media and benched.

Actually, given that you don't know what they endured under Bowden you have no basis to judge.

Further, Godsey had a few less than kind words about Fridge at his departure. Fridge wasn't fired, but people tend to let loose when they have resentment for someone who had power over them who no longer does. If that person happened to try to make you a scapegoat for their problems, then the resentment goes up exponentially.

One of my fellow doctors had a nephew who was Clemson's starting kicker a couple of years ago -- I cannot tell you how happy he is to see Bowden gone -- Bowden would continually run down the kicker if he missed a field goal -- even a difficult (45+ yarder) as the reason they lost or did not do well. This was a family that was very pro-Clemson prior to the nephew playing there -- now they root for anyone playing them.

I went to Highschool with Cullen and I played Football and basketball with him there..

Kid is a whiny, SPOILED, arrogant, little b*tch...

But on a side note, his sisters and mom are unbelievably HOT.

It doesnt surprise me one bit to see his dad mouthing off like that either, he's just as arrogant with a bunch of $$$. The ONLY reason Cullen got that scholly was because his dad tossed out some serious bucks to which ever school did take him. I think it came down to Auburn and Clemson.

He was never any good on our football team, but we ran the ball most of the time.

I went to Highschool with Cullen and I played Football and basketball with him there..

Kid is a whiny, SPOILED, arrogant, little b*tch...

But on a side note, his sisters and mom are unbelievably HOT.

It doesnt surprise me one bit to see his dad mouthing off like that either, he's just as arrogant with a bunch of $$$. The ONLY reason Cullen got that scholly was because his dad tossed out some serious bucks to which ever school did take him. I think it came down to Auburn and Clemson.

He was never any good on our football team, but we ran the ball most of the time.

You got that right!!! The Harper sisters are smoking hott!! Not to mention Mommy Harper looks awesome too. Jeff his dad seemed pretty cool but I could see that its possible he could be arrogant at times.

Everytime I ever have been around Cullen he has been really cool and seems like a good guy. We have partied a few times, I know his sisters a lot better then him though.;)

Back