Great picture of us running out vs. Wake

I have nothing against the frats and I Know they are a big part of the social scene on campus.... but they should have a few GTAA monitors seeing which frats are occupying their blocks on time. Reward those blocks (frats) that get into their seats 15 minutes prior to kickoff with better seats, closer to the field.

I like the goals being trotted out ahead of the team.

CPJ sure knows how to keep the team focused, humble and hungry. All the Xs and Os in the mind of CPJ won't help if you can't get that right.

The opening in the back of that picture is where the Gameday Crew or whatever they call themselves sit I believe. So when this picture was taken, they were on the field, holding the balloons and stuff. The fraternities are behind them and to both sides of them.

Fail. A 6 at best

BTW, found a picture of you, Mr. "she's a 6" guy.

3043893001_9c11c58279.jpg

The opening in the back of that picture is where the Gameday Crew or whatever they call themselves sit I believe. So when this picture was taken, they were on the field, holding the balloons and stuff. The fraternities are behind them and to both sides of them.

Maybe... but the Gameday crew (actually the Rambling Reck Club) doesn't occupy that many rows or space in the stands.

It typically takes until late in the 1st quarter for the student seats to fill in. The alumni/fan sections are getting much better at filling in 15 minutes prior to kickoff.

If you are wondering what the team goals are on the sign

1. ACC Champs
2. Win the bowl game
3. Undefeated at home
4. Top 10 in turnover margin
5. Top 5 in rushing offense and defense
6. Win special teams
7. Finish
8. Be champions off the field

Thanks, GTKyle.

If you are wondering what the team goals are on the sign

1. ACC Champs
Can be accomplished

2. Win the bowl game
Can be accomplished

3. Undefeated at home
Now, it's beat UGA.

4. Top 10 in turnover margin
Ranked #25 right now. Unlikely. A better defense would have helped accomplishing this.

5. Top 5 in rushing offense and defense
Ranked #2 in rushing offense
Ranked #49 in rushing defense

6. Win special teams
LOL ... HELL NO!!! Must be a major focus of the off season because it will lose games for us. Reference the LSU vs. GT bowl game.

7. Finish
I say we accomplished this ever since the Miami game.

8. Be champions off the field
I couldn't ask for better student athletes.

Still wish more of the student were in the stadium 10 minutes prior to kickoff. Too many empty rows to welcome the Rambling Wreck on the field.

Also keep in mind that they changed ticketing procedures for this game. Going with the buzz card we haven't needed the student vouchers all year. If you didn't have one we were forced to the south endzone...along with everyone else. I got to the stadium 45/30 minutes before the game and barely made it in by kickoff. I know it's a big struggle to figure this ticketing situation out, but

If anybody has any influence on this situation - a new revision is necessary. We had at least ~1500 students waiting in line at kickoff outside the stadium that had gotten there well before the game.

New rule:

If you can't see the picture, you're with the blue-jersey-curse crowd.

Can I be the exception to this rule? I saw the red x and chose to click the link you provided instead of whining about it.

Can I be in the "I'm okay with whatever jersey we want to wear including blue" crowd?

Also keep in mind that they changed ticketing procedures for this game. Going with the buzz card we haven't needed the student vouchers all year. If you didn't have one we were forced to the south endzone...along with everyone else. I got to the stadium 45/30 minutes before the game and barely made it in by kickoff. I know it's a big struggle to figure this ticketing situation out, but

If anybody has any influence on this situation - a new revision is necessary. We had at least ~1500 students waiting in line at kickoff outside the stadium that had gotten there well before the game.

Understood. I still find it hard to believe if you are standing in line at the stadium 45 minutes prior to kickoff that you can't be in your seats 15 minutes prior to kickoff.

Regarding fans over on West Campus - I still see a healthy number of fans still tailgating 45 minutes prior to kickoff and they haven't even begun to break down their tailgate equipment.... On Saturday, I saw a group of 5 GT fans arriving late and BEGIN to set up their tent/chairs approx. 50 minutes prior to kickoff. :wow:

Close up shop 15 minutes earlier, grab your favorite beverage for the road, and get your butts in the stadium to welcome the Jackets on to the field.

I agree, it does take that long for students to get into the game. It is pretty ridiculous. And if you give a fraternity guy the choice between:

Getting to the stadium an hour early to avoid the line and having nothing to do once you are in

or

Staying at their tailgate and drinking with friends while watching other college games for an hour to avoid the lines and maybe showing up 10 minutes late

The choice is obvious. If they could head to the stadium 20 minutes before kickoff and not have to wait forever, I'm sure they would but they can't.

Back