GT +18

Common opponents:
Miami - Clemson lost by 8, we won by 3
WF - Clemson won by 5, we won by 14

Best wins:
Us: two wins against teams ranked #17 at the time
Them: one win against the #15 team at the time...17 pt win against Cuse (4-5)?

Last 3 weeks:
Us: Loss by 15, Win by 4 against #17, Win by 28
Them: Loss by 8, Loss by 7, Win by 8 against #15

Worst losses:
Us: BGSU (5-4), BC (6-3)
Them: Duke (6-3), NC State (6-3)

I think this is actually a pretty even matchup. We've got the worse losses, but better wins. We're a little more hot at the moment, but they looked good yesterday. We've done better against both common opponents.

Common opponents:
Miami - Clemson lost by 8, we won by 3
WF - Clemson won by 5, we won by 14

Best wins:
Us: two wins against teams ranked #17 at the time
Them: one win against the #15 team at the time...17 pt win against Cuse (4-5)?

Last 3 weeks:
Us: Loss by 15, Win by 4 against #17, Win by 28
Them: Loss by 8, Loss by 7, Win by 8 against #15

Worst losses:
Us: BGSU (5-4), BC (6-3)
Them: Duke (6-3), NC State (6-3)

I think this is actually a pretty even matchup. We've got the worse losses, but better wins. We're a little more hot at the moment, but they looked good yesterday. We've done better against both common opponents.
I agree with this assessment. Surprised to see @05GTCorndog calling for +12-14.

Clemson's game scores suggest they have a strong defense. We've been held to 23 and 27 by three other teams. So can Clemson score at least 23-27 on our defense? Well, they scored 31 on Notre Dame, and our defense is probably weaker than theirs. Makes sense to me that Clemson's favored.

Clemson has only beaten 3 teams by double figures this year though, FAU, Charleston Southern, and Syracuse...

Clemson's game scores suggest they have a strong defense. We've been held to 23 and 27 by three other teams. So can Clemson score at least 23-27 on our defense? Well, they scored 31 on Notre Dame, and our defense is probably weaker than theirs. Makes sense to me that Clemson's favored.
Also, the Clemson name. That’s why the line is so big. It will close over the week to get to a 1 score favorite, which is about right. But we still win.

I just placed a bet +14.5 on Betonline.ag
That line is gonna move towards us.

This is Clemson's rushing stats versus Notre Dame. Vegas thinks that we won't be able to stop their run game.

1699272108107.png

For me this is a much worse matchup than UNC was. I went into UNC thinking we would win because their OL/DL are generally trash but that gets hidden early by the fact that their schedule is always weak enough that they can pile up wins anyway.

Clemson is the opposite. Their trenches are really good but their QB play has been a lot worse. And I’m worried that their poor QB play will be mitigated by their run game feasting on us and their DL being able to make our OL look mortal.

Still think -18 is high and that we can certainly win if I’m wrong about the way their trenches matchup with ours. But on paper something in the -10 to -13 range makes sense to me despite records and common opponent results.

Mafah is a big punishing back that weighs 230. He had 36 carries against ND for 186 yards. To put that in perspective Ohio St and USC had 125 yards rushing as a team against ND. That doesn’t bode well for us. I look for Clemson to run it right at us to see if we’re man enough to stop them.

Clemson had a pick 6 against ND so their offense scored 24. Clemson Offense is averaging 22 ppg against ACC opponents so far this year.If GT plays tough on D we should win.Mind Rite!

Back