GT Currently on ESPN CFB Front Page

If our A-Backs and OL can block, we win them all. Defense will be improved. Justin Thomas will make the rest of the ACC his bitch

I think the TE comment was just related to how many skill players we lost relative to other teams. I don't think the author thought we lost a tight end; he seemed reasonably knowledgeable about us.

I think the TE comment was just related to how many skill players we lost relative to other teams. I don't think the author thought we lost a tight end; he seemed reasonably knowledgeable about us.

My guess is that there's a P5 team that lost it's starters at RB and WR, but is returning a starting TE.

From all 128 FBS teams only Auburn, South Carolina, MTSU, UTSA, and South Alabama, are all returning just 1 starter in the REC/TE category, and 0 in the RB/FB category.

https://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/JAN15/DBJan23.html

You could check their rosters to see if that player is a TE. I'm too lazy.

Auburn - WR D'haquille Williams SR
South Carolina - WR Shaq Roland SR, WR Pharoh Cooper JR

So there was no reason to include Tight End in that comment.

Auburn - WR D'haquille Williams SR
South Carolina - WR Shaq Roland SR, WR Pharoh Cooper JR

So there was no reason to include Tight End in that comment.
Sure there is. It prevents you from spending the time looking it up yourself. Unless you don't trust him and do it anyway :).

If he hasn't included TE, I bet someone would have said, "And it's even a little worse than it sounds because we don't have a TE. Some other teams might be losing everyone at RB/WR but at least bringing back a TE."

" will have to overcome a schedule that is arguably one of the most difficult in college football"

I didn't know we rejoined the sec. I need to check the board more often during the offseason.

Unfortunately, I believe not running plays out of the shotgun is going to slow us down. Also, our coach yells at our players. That's going to hurt us in close games.

Back