GT gets B1G offer

Rather be a doormat for Mich/OSU/Neb huh?

We can go toe-to-toe with those guys. They might get better athletes, but we'll stand a shot at competing. SEC would destroy us because every game we play in, our guys would be about 40 pounds smaller than their counterparts. We'd just get man-handled.

I just confirmed with someone else over there. GT definitely gone.

The B1G just wants to use us for:

1) Southern recruiting
2) Piss off SEC
3) Atlanta market with lots of B1G alum
4) "east coast access"
5) Academic improvement

SEC >>>> B1G. But again, 99% sure sec has 0 interest.

Just being in the SEC would boost our recruiting. We would be a mid tier SEC team with scattered big seasons

The B1G just wants to use us for:

1) Southern recruiting
2) Piss off SEC
3) Atlanta market with lots of B1G alum
4) "east coast access"
5) Academic improvement

SEC >>>> B1G. But again, 99% sure sec has 0 interest.
The the SEC trying to block this would be the only reason we would even be talked about by the SEC.

We can go toe-to-toe with those guys. They might get better athletes, but we'll stand a shot at competing. SEC would destroy us because every game we play in, our guys would be about 40 pounds smaller than their counterparts. We'd just get man-handled.

someone is buying into the sec hype too much

Not sure why being in the SEC would be better than being in the Big Ten. They hold their ground against the SEC pretty well, and I honestly think we would do better in recruiting if we were to be in the Big Ten. Not saying we'd be a powerhouse, but I doubt we'd be the doormat to them.

We're going to the Big 10, might as well start hitting the road, it's a long way to Ohio.

Not sure why being in the SEC would be better than being in the Big Ten. They hold their ground against the SEC pretty well, and I honestly think we would do better in recruiting if we were to be in the Big Ten. Not saying we'd be a powerhouse, but I doubt we'd be the doormat to them.

Mainly location. I would rather go to Bama, Tenn, UF, etc. than Mich State, Neb, Ohio, NEW JERSEY!!!!!!! yuk

Back