GT gets B1G offer

Not sure why being in the SEC would be better than being in the Big Ten. They hold their ground against the SEC pretty well, and I honestly think we would do better in recruiting if we were to be in the Big Ten. Not saying we'd be a powerhouse, but I doubt we'd be the doormat to them.

Proximity and you'd almost guarantee a sellout for every home game. B1G would help with seats sold but SEC would bring out more GT fans and fill in the rest with opponent fans every week.

how would b1g help with ticket sales? how close is the closest b1g school?

how would b1g help with ticket sales? how close is the closest b1g school?

Indiana is about 520 miles from Atlanta. But there are huge alumni groups in Atlanta for most Big Ten schools. And those schools tend to travel, especially to a warmer destination.

No it wouldn't.

Of course it would. Quickly as well.

Have you not seen the number of recruits we have lost to those schools in the last 2/3 years? A couple who had committed to us earlier.

Please don't tell me you think there are no SEC S/As that can not get into GT?

More ----ing insanity and lack of vision and concern for GT.

I'd actually rather join the Big Ten than the SEC, but maybe that's the academic snob in me.

No doubt about it.

If the chance to go to the SEC happened, it would be great, if for no other reason than just to piss off the Hillnerds:lol:

The athletics would just be a bonus.

Don't we have like a $1 Billion endowment fund? Or could you not use that?

You can't use that.

The best bet is to negotiate to pay over a few years, then use the increased B1G money to cover it, or get the B1G to foot a loan based on increased revenue. GT and MD can work together to figure out something.

You can't use that.

The best bet is to negotiate to pay over a few years, then use the increased B1G money to cover it, or get the B1G to foot a loan based on increased revenue. GT and MD can work together to figure out something.

And you can't use it to cover grad athletic fees.

You can't use that.

Georgia Tech has roughly 7,000 graduate students. Why don't we just charge them each a $7,142 student athletic fee next year? There's your $50 million, and we all know from experience that our graduate students are the most loyal to our athletics department and should be willing to foot the bill without a fight.

In fact, why not make it a clean $10,000 and upgrade BDS a little bit?

Back