GT has toughest remaining schedule in FBS...

At least give UCF's territory to Miami, since UCF is a bowl of bleeding lady parts.

FCS teams weren't part of the original map, but could win their way on by beating teams with land. Your scenario is correct.
Jacksonville State doesn't play another FBS team, so that land may be stuck in FCS. (I'm too lazy to check the schedules of their opponents.)

There's a guy on /r/cfb who does a college football imperialism map each week. Look at all the land we can snatch in the second half of the season:

jsKbh9C.jpg

I've been watching this thing.

It's pretty telling that outside Tennessee in Game 1, no other team has had any land we could take.

Cool concept

Wow at this interactive version:
https://cfb.stakked.io/

You can do an ACC only imperial map and we own some land.

UGA barely owns any SEC land with their pathetic SEC East schedule. Telling! SEC West teams own 90% of the country

I would like to see the final maps for previous seasons.

Last edited:
Why am I so dumb? Cuz it’s either me or this map.
It's simple. Schools start off owning land closer to their school than any other schools. Then, when two schools play, the winner takes all the loser's land.

Only FBS schools start with land. But FCS schools can get land by beating FBS schools.

Last edited:
It's simple. Schools start off owning land closer to their school than any other school's. Then, when two schools play, the winner takes all the loser's land.
But who wants the land around Starkville or Troy or Athens? If you beat them they have to stay there.

We have 3 wins and 3 unranked opponents left on the schedule (2 of which are on the road). This is a tough stretch to get bowl eligible, but we should know after Saturday if we are better than that.

We have 3 wins and 3 unranked opponents left on the schedule (2 of which are on the road). This is a tough stretch to get bowl eligible, but we should know after Saturday if we are better than that.
Where is your optimism? I see at least 4 wins

Where is your optimism? I see at least 4 wins

I'm optimistic, but I also know that turnovers, freak plays, bad officiating, and injuries often change the outcome of games. If we don't fall victim to those things, we could win out, but we could also lose some close games to decent teams.

I expect Miami to be a good barometer of the rest of our season. I have a feeling our defensive rankings are a bit overinflated right now. The question is how much will they fall after this weekend.

I expect Miami to be a good barometer of the rest of our season. I have a feeling our defensive rankings are a bit overinflated right now. The question is how much will they fall after this weekend.
They might be inflated, but if we keep running the defense like we have been (tighter coverage, more blitz, stunt/twist by D-line) I think we can keep Miami under 20 points.

Back