GT @ NC State 12/5 4p ACCN

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
BTW, where is the normal weekly thread where the gay members here at ST offer their fashion reviews of whatever the football team is wearing this week?

The Jacket

The Coat
BTW, where is the normal weekly thread where the gay members here at ST offer their fashion reviews of whatever the football team is wearing this week?
I'm not going to touch this one, just because you brought up the best food man has ever made in your last post.

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
And those seemed so much simpler times as well. You could drive to the campus that morning and pretty much park anywhere you wanted for free. Walk over to Juniors and have breakfast along with the early risers, relax on campus, go over to the Varsity for lunch, stand in line , buy your food and take it in the stadium, eat your rings while watching warm ups. Kick offs normally happened around 1:30 or so. Listen to Al on your little pocket radio, and at the appointed time - along with everyone else - shout Hello Al! Man, I miss those days.
Oh also, walk past all the 'vendors' set up on the North Ave bridge selling everything you could just about imagine with the two teams on them, footballs, shakers, hats, horns, pennants, ponchos(if there was rain expected), etc. Can't have any of that anymore.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I'm not going to touch this one, just because you brought up the best food man has ever made in your last post.
Thank you for the courtesy! LOL.

I guess I miss laughing at the weekly "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" thread.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Oh also, walk past all the 'vendors' set up on the North Ave bridge selling everything you could just about imagine with the two teams on them, footballs, shakers, hats, horns, pennants, ponchos(if there was rain expected), etc. Can't have any of that anymore.
Forgot about that! Yep, either on the way to the V or on the way back, you had to get yourself something.

Seat cushions were a big thing. I had one for years . . . don't know whatever happened to it.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
The line continues to creep in our direction, down to 6.5 now after opening at 8.5 and sitting at 7 all week. I wonder if Gibbs appearing on the depth chart caused the drop this afternoon.

Seems like this comes down to who’s able to play for us, and which team makes the fewest mistakes.

JRjr

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
I can remember when there were only 1 or 2 games on TV on a Saturday. Tech would make it once per year typically as a top 10 team. Off course there were only the 3 network channels and PBS but down in central GA we only had WMAZ. On good days if you rotated the antenna you could get channels 2 and 5 in ATL. Once in a blue moon we could get channel 6 in Augusta. All in black and white of course.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Well, I guess you're younger than me, because I can remember a time when not all games were televised (on any channel at all). Those games were the best if you attended (as they had no TV breaks), but man it stunk if you couldn't get to the game in person. Of course, back in those days we *really* loved Al Ciraldo for making it come alive for us.

But I for one am so grateful that games are available to watch, I can't imagine thinking figuring out the right channels is *too big* a hurdle to get over to watch them.
I remember studying during away games while listening to Al.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
And those seemed so much simpler times as well. You could drive to the campus that morning and pretty much park anywhere you wanted for free. Walk over to Juniors and have breakfast along with the early risers, relax on campus, go over to the Varsity for lunch, stand in line , buy your food and take it in the stadium, eat your rings while watching warm ups. Kick offs normally happened around 1:30 or so. Listen to Al on your little pocket radio, and at the appointed time - along with everyone else - shout Hello Al! Man, I miss those days.
Did you yell at all the young people to get off your astroturf?

GTYJ

Varsity Lurker
The line continues to creep in our direction, down to 6.5 now after opening at 8.5 and sitting at 7 all week. I wonder if Gibbs appearing on the depth chart caused the drop this afternoon.

Seems like this comes down to who’s able to play for us, and which team makes the fewest mistakes.

JRjr
Has nothing to do with Gibbs. It about where the money has been bet. Jeff Sims passing is really bad. NC State takes this game and they easily cover.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Has nothing to do with Gibbs. It about where the money has been bet. Jeff Sims passing is really bad. NC State takes this game and they easily cover.
I understand it’s about where the money has been bet. The question is what’s causing people to put money on Tech now as opposed to earlier in the week.

JRjr