GT offers Kenyatta Watson of Grayson

VolJacket

Varsity Lurker
Why would he want to do that? Of course, I rather him go there than UGAg.
The word going around is that it's very possible that he will flip to Tennessee. There is also word going around that 5 star Michigan commit RB Eric Gray out of Memphis could flip to Tennessee also.

InDoddwetrust

Varsity Lurker
I admit I have no idea who this Willie Anderson guy is but after looking at his twitter bio, how would ppl feel about him being OL coach?

He played in the NFL and his son is a scholarship player on our team

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
pretty much everyone signs in the early signing period. You might have a few legit 5 star players who wait but 95% of the top 2000 sign early. There are other Grayson kids who are rated highly but might not have been able to get into GT.

• Kevin Harris chose Alabama over Miami
  • Wanya Morris chose Tennessee over Auburn
  • Owen Pappoe chose Auburn over Georgia (TN is trying to flip him - 5 star linebacker)
  • Kenyatta Watson II chose Texas over Notre Dame
It’s about four-five Juniors on that squad who will be 4*-5* and we offered the sophomore RB will be 4* as well.

18in32

Petard Hoister
He played in the NFL and his son is a scholarship player on our team
Then I'm sure he knows a lot more about these recruiting politics issues than I do. That said... if someone at the HS is trying to get quality players to Tech, why hasn't it happened?

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
Then I'm sure he knows a lot more about these recruiting politics issues than I do. That said... if someone at the HS is trying to get quality players to Tech, why hasn't it happened?
Well his son is here (Jair).

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Didn’t fit the system. Didn’t need them. Didn’t want them. IIWII. Etc.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
1) it has, to a small extent. See @ibeeballin post for an example.
2) the HC there is a UGA grad.
3) UGA fans ask the same question about why they don't get more players out of there.

The reason is, ultimately, the coaches want the best opportunity for their players and will support the players' decisions on what they feel that is. No single school is the best choice for every student no matter how much us fans like to think so. You can Google kenyatta sr. for some more background on why it's not a black and white situation there.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Dude, StingTalk is my Google. If you guys can't answer a question, I consign it to the dustbin of philosophical ponderables.
No sheet. Google is evil. Don't you watch the news? Don't you understand that Google could be lying?