GT QB/LB

Originally posted by hiveredtech:
I guess you just never know.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Most sensible statement of the week, hiver. I'm serious.

If we knew, what would be the point of being a college football fan? There is always some breakout player (like Tony) or team, or several, and some unexpected flops (like GT 2001) to make every season interesting.

The competition we seem to be having here on StinGTalk, to see who can be in the greatest rage about Coach Gailey, ignores that part of sports.

Sorry, I have to quit this erudite essay; SWMBO wants me to clean out the attic "while it's cool." Carry on.

Red,

Bilbo has the most physical gifts I've seen in a QB at GT. However, he has to be able to make the right reads. That being said, if the coaches think Carter or Ball is the real deal then send them out there. If they aren't sure about any of them, than trot Camp or Suggs back out there. If this was a few years ago, I'd rather play a guy like Suggs than throw a unknown like Logan, Crenshaw, or Hall out there. Fridge and O'Leary almost made that mistake in 2000, because they had just about made up their mind about what Godsey could do on the field.

If nobody steps to the head of the pack, go with the most talented kid.

Back