GT Ranked #1

Thanks. That is awesome, but I think we can do both, but that may just be me.

Little hard to believe any rankings where MIT is behind VPISU in engineering.

They have Clemson over CalTech. And VaTech at #5? Texas Tek at #25? Can't argue with #1 though.

From the very top of the page:

These schools produced the best graduates in each major, according to recruiters.

Who would want to hire some MIT weenie when there's actual productive work to be done?

If you are a football player who wants to be an Engineer, where else are you going to go but Georgia Tech?

They use the same books at Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Vandy, but their everyday engineering students are not happy with a 2.7.

Those guys pass their PE too.

From the very top of the page:

Who would want to hire some MIT weenie when there's actual productive work to be done?

I've worked with both MIT and VPISU graduates in the past. Based on my experience, these rankings are widely inaccurate.

If you are a football player who wants to be an Engineer, where else are you going to go but Georgia Tech?

Narnia?

How many starters at GT do you think are engineering majors? How about at all BCS schools?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Less than 10%

These kids dream about NFL, not designing new software or a more aerodynamic part!!

How many starters at GT do you think are engineering majors? How about at all BCS schools?

What difference does that make? All we need to do is show these recruits how much they can make as engineers in their post-football careers.

Oh yeah, and tell them their dreams of an NFL career is nothing but foolishness.

This is from 2010.

But it is good to see my undergrad at #1 and grad at #2.

This is from 2010.

Well, I was trying to make a point with this thread, but I'm sure it is way over most of your heads.

You can find any sort of ranking you want that might spin the story to your favor. But football-wise, they still play the game, and we all know that these star rankings are highly subjective.

Stars are given often because of who is recruiting a kid, and there's a very fine line separating 3 stars from the 4 and 5 stars. There's as many 5 star kids who turned out to be complete busts and/or head cases are there are 3 stars who became solid college and NFL players.

Seriously... Something is off here

OMGeez! It is in the Wall Freakin' Street Journal for cryin' out loud.

How much more credibility can you get than that?

trollin' trollin' trollin'.....

I've worked with both MIT and VPISU graduates in the past. Based on my experience, these rankings are widely inaccurate.
It's possible whatever survey they did to get these rankings got hijacked by some alumni and their scores got inflated. Still doesn't explain why some of the schools like MIT and Stanford didn't remain high.

I have a feeling the survey results might be very well correlated with how many alumni each of these schools have in respective fields.

This is very interesting. It might be that schools like MIT and Stanford send off a high percentage of graduates into academia so recruiters never really have the opportunity to interact with the best students from those schools.

Also VPISU and GT put out way more graduates. I expect when you ask a recruiter "what schools put out the best graduates" they think back to all the great prospective hires they have interacted with and tally up who came from what school. That would bias toward larger engineering schools.

Back