GT Student Engagement

muscleman2470

Flats Noob
Hey guys, I'm having a brainstorm meeting tomorrow with the GTAA on how to increase student engagement for Tech athletics, so I figured this might be a good place to receive some constructive and realistic ideas (i.e. not "get rid of the student athletic fee") that could help in this area. I would prefer ideas from current or recent students since those are the groups I believe the GTAA is targeting for these efforts. Thank you.

Hey guys, I'm having a brainstorm meeting tomorrow with the GTAA on how to increase student engagement for Tech athletics, so I figured this might be a good place to receive some constructive and realistic ideas (i.e. not "get rid of the student athletic fee") that could help in this area. I would prefer ideas from current or recent students since those are the groups I believe the GTAA is targeting for these efforts. Thank you.

Play night games. I am a recent grad (1981).

I would eliminate block seating immediately, for starters. Don't want to get into a frat vs. non-frat thing, but if you want the main student section (north endzone) to look good, make it first come, first serve.

I would eliminate block seating immediately, for starters. Don't want to get into a frat vs. non-frat thing, but if you want the main student section (north endzone) to look good, make it first come, first serve.

+1 for god sakes get rid of block seating... we need to fill up the dam student section its embarresing

Let frat boys know that they aren't cool if they dress up in suits and show up to the game late because they were trying to get drunk before the game. Just tell them that they are d bags and nobody thinks that they are cool.

I agree to some degree, but frats contribute money to the AA to get good blocks.

reach out to housing so games are worked better into the programming they do

Cut off power to all the frat houses 45 minutes before each game so they cannot sit there drinking and watching other games on their HDTVs.

I think the GTCN should make more of an effort to broadcast Tech athletics. I don't know if it's a licensing thing or what, but the Miami game was not even available sans. watchespn.com.

While this wouldn't do anything to attendance at football games obviously, it would provide more of an avenue for the casual student on the fence to tune in and give a ----.

add less difficult majors so that more people who like football attend GT. did I due that rite?

+2 Reward students that show early with the best seats regardless of block affiliation. Don't relegate students who don't want to be in a block to the south endzone. Or reward frequent timely attendance with better seats. Make it so I don't have to register every week for each game online. If I show up with a buzzcard, I ought to be able to get in. Make the guest passes free or cheaper. (Recent UG and G student). A large scale tailgate type of gameday event for students would be nice too.

Put block seating in the south end zone. With the first five rows as first come first serve.

Charge grad students for NOT attending games, even if they can't get tickets.

Oh, hey there GTPHD. I promise I'm not DRAD.

Agree with the block seating stuff. Let's start filling up our student section regularly and go from there.

Also, find some incentives for getting students in their seats before kickoff.

+1 for god sakes get rid of block seating... we need to fill up the dam student section its embarresing

This.

The student section at kickoff is embarrassing. If the frats put up a fight about losing their block, tell them they can keep it if every seat is filled 5 min prior to kickoff. If they have empty seats, their block gets moved to corners of the upper north.

All student seats (with the exception of the band section) should be open to those who get to the stadium early.

Face it, the student section tickets in the endzones generally suck.

As an undergrad, the fraternity/sorority sections were on the lower east
from the 40 to the 20 on the North endzone side. We heckled the living crap
out of visiting teams.

Maybe let the GTAA "auction" off Sections(or parts of) 121, 122, 123, 129, 130 on Lower East. Especially 129 & 130, the visitors sections.

The GTAA can never be sure how many visitors tickets will be sold in 129 & 130. However, the GTAA can be more sure how many GT students sit there by letting those seats be auctioned off. If a student has to pay more to get better seats, theyre mire likely to show up.

It's means a higher guarantee of money paid to the GTAA, than the GTAA gets from the uncertainty of visitor ticket sales.

If I were an undergrad I wouldnt be thrilled about sitting in an endzone seat.

I agree that the students need to be allowed access to better seats. 121, 122, and 123 were the student sections when I was in school and they were basically first come first serve. (They were actually assigned seats based on first come first serve at the box office.)

We need a reason to get students down around the stadium early. First thing they should do is demo Peters Deck.

There is already a program in place that penalizes/rewards blocks on their timely attendance to the games. There are points rewarded for being buzzed in prior to kickoff and the highest percentage blocks are given first choice the next year. It started last season.

All members in the blocks pay additional money to be guaranteed a seat to every home game, whereas non-block students have their tickets first come - first serve.

Not sure why everyone is so against the new block system unless they are ignorant to block policies.

Back