GT to Big 12 or BiG?

thwg

Damn Good Rat
Since the ACC officially died a few hours ago, where should we go? I think the faculty will prefer the BiG and i think they would prefer the Atlanta market. so, I say we're in the BiG for football in 2013 or 2014 but make the annoucement by this August.

In the end, GT is going to be in a lot better position financially and we'll get to see better football with full stadiums.

Since the ACC officially died a few hours ago, where should we go? I think the faculty will prefer the BiG and i think they would prefer the Atlanta market. so, I say we're in the BiG for football in 2013 or 2014 but make the annoucement by this August.

In the end, GT is going to be in a lot better position financially and we'll get to see better football with full stadiums.

Please explain...

m15000_waiting.jpg

Please do explain how we died. This ought to be good.

Y'all are a bunch of melodramatic vaginas.

Mods please take out back and beat with a tire iron.

Big 12 would be awesome

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The SEC/Big 12 alliance

We've gone from the Big 12 was dead so no one will go there to the Big 12 can only offer $3 million more per year than the new ACC contract to the Big 12 can likely offer FSU at least $7 or $8 more million per year in a week or two.

There will be a playoff. the Big 12 and SEC Champs will be in it almost every year. Their 2nd place teams might be in it a few years. If not, their 2nd place teams will now go to the Sugar/cotton and be paid $10 million per team by Jerry Jones or New Orleans to play there.

Those two conferences are also going to get a large share of the playoff money so there's another few million per conference member.

FSU did not want to be in the ACC. They preferred the SEC but that ship sailed. So, they just needed to make the money work. That's a done deal now. So, they're gone.

Will they be the only ones to leave? Maybe but I'd say there's about a 1% chance. Clemson football is not going to take a back seat and $10 million less per year to let SC permanantly pass them by. So, they will likely start looking immediately.

So, Drad can try to sell seats and get donors in an ACC without FSU and Clemson or he can start looking. What will he do? I'm sure he and Delaney have spoken at least a few times. Hopefully, a plan is in place. If not, hopefully one will be the minute Clemson makes it decision. I trust he will lead GT well.

Please explain...

Boy, it sure is tinfoil hat in here.

trmr8.gif

The ACC was supposed to be a super conference challenging the SEC when we got Miami.....the ACC has screwed it up. Winning will cure all..

mock all you want

This isn't rocket science. FSU is gone. the money is declining for the ACC. The money is going up exponentially for the Big 12 (yeah the conference that was dead a few months ago but today forged a parnership with the SEC).

Want to make a wager on FSU? Want to make a wager on GT? This is too easy. read other boards. Clemson and VT fans who thought the talk of the last week was a joke are now on board.

I wasn't buying all the crazy Tier 3 stuff. That was stupid internet blather. But when the SEC basically hands the Big 12 another $1 million per team to play a game at the end of the year, we're not talking whacko internet folks. Mike Slive formed a partnership with the Big 12 today. You see no symbolism not to mention cash in that decision?

Boy, it sure is tinfoil hat in here.

trmr8.gif

Back