GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

Well, I think I've put the final touches on my trip now. Boy, hotels in Dublin are EXPENSIVE. Fortunately, for anyone interested, the Trinity College Hotel is relatively inexpensive at less than 200 a night, and rooms are still available, which was not the case for the more expensive places. It is within easy walking distance of the Temple Bar area (pretty much the city center, with lots of good restaurants and bars), and is adjacent to the Trinity College Campus, where they had pep rallies for both Tech and BC when we played there before. I haven't heard anything yet about pep rallies for this game.

Glad that I booked a hotel a while ago. Location isn't super great but price was decent (~$220.) I just checked the hotel you linked and it looks like there's no availability when booking Friday and Saturday night only.

Glad that I booked a hotel a while ago. Location isn't super great but price was decent (~$220.) I just checked the hotel you linked and it looks like there's no availability when booking Friday and Saturday night only.
There was yesterday. Glad I booked it then

We booked our flight out of Charlotte and saved a bunch there. We'll be in Ireland the week before and haven't decided what to do yet. It'll be my fifth trip there. So, we've seen most of the island. Looking at going NW or SE this time, I think.

Got tickets on ticketmaster today. FYSA no problem buying from the united states, 100 euros each for seats in the very front row of the upper area.

Ugh, some of those upper seats closer to midfield for 150 Euros are probably better than the $350 goal line seats Tech sold me.

Looks like a lot more inventory available on one side (Tech?) than the other.

JRjr

Ugh, some of those upper seats closer to midfield for 150 Euros are probably better than the $350 goal line seats Tech sold me.

Looks like a lot more inventory available on one side (Tech?) than the other.

JRjr
How do you know what the $350 seats are like? I haven't received any notification about them yet

Also weren't they $250 seats and $375 seats that Tech offered?

How do you know what the $350 seats are like? I haven't received any notification about them yet

Also weren't they $250 seats and $375 seats that Tech offered?

My confirmation email / receipt from GTAA had the seat location in it. And yeah, they were $375 - even worse than I remembered.

JRjr

My confirmation email / receipt from GTAA had the seat location in it. And yeah, they were $375 - even worse than I remembered.

JRjr
My confirmation email did not have a seat location on it. But, you are right, the sections they specified in the order for $375 tickets suck

Bit the bullet on the premium seats in sec 330 thru Tech. Alternatives were nosebleeds or end zones for cheaper, no thanks. There are front row seats available in 320 thru Tech if that’s your thing, FYI.

My confirmation email did not have a seat location on it. But, you are right, the sections they specified in the order for $375 tickets suck
Bit the bullet on the premium seats in sec 330 thru Tech. Alternatives were nosebleeds or end zones for cheaper, no thanks. There are front row seats available in 320 thru Tech if that’s your thing, FYI.
Guys, no need to obsess about seat location and sightlines - witnessing the 55 gallon drum of whoopass we are going to open up on the BIGXII Noles from anywhere in the stadium is gonna be awesome.

When we played BC there, all the Tech seats were on the sideline, not the endzones. So who bought, or is buying, all those sideline seats? I thought Tech, being the home team would get priority seating. So much for thinking, I guess.

When we played BC there, all the Tech seats were on the sideline, not the endzones. So who bought, or is buying, all those sideline seats? I thought Tech, being the home team would get priority seating. So much for thinking, I guess.
Maybe we just will have that many fans there? I mean, we do say one of our home issues is our national alumni…. (Ex: me, in NJ)

We had a lot of fans there for the BC game. In fact, I think there were more of us than them, but I can't swear to it. Based on the experiences of those who went the first time, I would imagine there will be a lot of repeats, and word of mouth hopefully will draw even more this time. But since we were only give options of endzone and near the endzone seats, I have to wonder who is getting all those better seats. The people of Dublin only seemed to marginally support the first game? Has the interest level there increased since then? We shall see.

We had a lot of fans there for the BC game. In fact, I think there were more of us than them, but I can't swear to it. Based on the experiences of those who went the first time, I would imagine there will be a lot of repeats, and word of mouth hopefully will draw even more this time. But since we were only give options of endzone and near the endzone seats, I have to wonder who is getting all those better seats. The people of Dublin only seemed to marginally support the first game? Has the interest level there increased since then? We shall see.
Of course we had more than BC since there is no such thing as a BC fan.

I have 35 yard line or so seats. Maybe we are bringing a crowd if we are out to the end zones.

I have 35 yard line or so seats. Maybe we are bringing a crowd if we are out to the end zones.
Did you order yours through Tech? I did, but I waited till after the first of the year (still before the deadline) to order mine. However, since they didn't allocate seats initially, and I have been buying season tickets for 50+ years, as well as contributing to all the alumni, and athletic funds all those years,, I sure expected better seats than what I apparently am getting, although I still haven't actually received a seat notification.

Did you order yours through Tech? I did, but I waited till after the first of the year (still before the deadline) to order mine. However, since they didn't allocate seats initially, and I have been buying season tickets for 50+ years, as well as contributing to all the alumni, and athletic funds all those years,, I sure expected better seats than what I apparently am getting, although I still haven't actually received a seat notification.

I'm pretty sure we know our seats already, it's weird that you don't.

Back