GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

I’m here for “at the death” being used to denote the end of the game.

Despite frequently shortening our respective names to Georgia and Florida, that was charming write-up. Thanks for sharing.
There were lots of game scarves and other gear being vended with "Georgia" and "Florida" on them, and Irish folks sometimes said "Let's Go Georgia" to me. After one attempted correction, I found it better to smile and take it in the spirit intended rather than chide them for it.

There were lots of game scarves and other gear being vended with "Georgia" and "Florida" on them, and Irish folks sometimes said "Let's Go Georgia" to me. After one attempted correction, I found it better to smile and take it in the spirit intended rather than chide them for it.
Obviously they were inviting you to fight.

Did anyone get one of the Georgia vs Florida error scarves? I thought about it for a second for fun but passed

Key’s grandmother was Fremen. It’s just part of his culture.

20240830_091931.jpg

I witnessed similar in Boise when I attended the '07 Humanitarian Bowl. Annoying, but oh well.

Did anyone get one of the Georgia vs Florida error scarves? I thought about it for a second for fun but passed
I saw some scarves that said Georgia Tech on one end with the GT below and Florida State on the other end with 'FS' below.

Most - and by most, nearly all, save one, of the FSU fans were very nice before the game, and very complimentary (though they looked like they had just seen Jimbo Fisher's ghost) afterward.
Got a lot of Go Jackets! and the right answer to my often asked question "What's the Good Word!?!?" across Dublin and in the airport going home.

Sunday night, met an English couple who asked if I was an American. Said, sure. They asked, why are there so many Americans in Dublin this week? I said well, here this week, the American football teams from two universities played and the fans traveled to see the game. They asked, is American football at the university level that big in the states? I said, in our part of the country, it's like this - it's Liverpool vs. Manchester United. Every week.
They were shocked.
Honestly, few Europeans have any idea. Many American college football stadiums dwarf every single English soccer stadium. Wembley is the largest and it seats 90000, so that is legit. But Michigan Stadium, Neyland Stadium, Beaver Stadium, Ohio Stadium, Kyle Field, Bryant-Denny, Darrell Royal Stadium, Tiger Stadium, the Rose Bowl, and a place which I shall not name, all seat more folks than England's biggest soccer stadium. And they are regularly filled or near capacity.
England's second biggest soccer stadium is Old Trafford which seats about 74000. There are 22 American college football stadiums whose capacity is greater than Old Trafford.

Again, they have no idea.

Many do have the idea. They frequently have games more than once a week, so it doesn't make sense to have stadiums that big as when you have a game every 2 weeks or so

Many do have the idea. They frequently have games more than once a week, so it doesn't make sense to have stadiums that big as when you have a game every 2 weeks or so
You must know different Europeans than I do. Most I know aren't even aware that American college football is a thing. And when I tell them that several stadiums hold and "regular season" games attract more than 100,000 people . . . I'm not sure they even believe me.

Back