GT vs. Dem Hose Game Thread

Can we all just agree to pull for Mizzu here? Seriously? Nate, I really would love to meet you. I don't stand a chance to kick your ass unless you're a fat slob these days which I kind of doubt, but I am an opinionated SOB.

We all are opinionated SoB's

Wow, BoR acting like a complete retart at the end of this thread and talking ---- to a former Tech player. Bigger meltdown than last week?

10/10 would read again.

EDIT: $50 says he offers to fight me at the next tailgate after that post too. :lol:

why did they say 59 is the 2nd most we scored.. they dont know about cumberland?

Surely they said it was the second most we scored under CPJ or someting? Without checking the media guide, there are probably 50 games where we scored more than 59 if you go all the way back to the Heisman days. Heck, we put up 70 at Navy a decade or so ago.

JRjr

Is anyone else tired of them saying that we are close to breaking the highest score at BDS. I mean, even if you discard the Cumberland game, the 2nd highest isn't Kansas last year. I'm pretty sure it is our 69-14 beating of Samford in 2007. Hell, maybe that isn't even 2nd.

I'm skimming this thread kind of randomly, so after the last post I responded to, I did pull out the media guide. In 1918 alone (7 games), we scored 118, 123, and 128 points in games at BDS (and lost 32-0 at Pitt - dang). So yeah, we were nowhere close to breaking the highest score at BDS, though I guess for the modern era it was a pretty high score.

JRjr

why do you bring up '98?

the last gt team to finish in the top 10 and beat UGA and win a bowl in the same year?

Seems that the point of bringing up '98 is to say that we lost the opener that year (to a BC team that wasn't as good as VPI is this year, probably) and still went on to have a great year.

I don't know if this year's team will turn out quite that good (with a choice of "game manager," "raw freshman with a good arm," or "fumbling machine who's a good runner" at QB - no Joe Hamiltons in that bunch), but with our division looking pretty rough to this point in the season, who knows?

JRjr

Back