GT vs Duke: 7p FSN

Current line on the game (Monday AM) from the Score app (dunno where they get their info from) has it as a pick'em game. I guess being evenly-matched with 2-6 Duke is a step in the right direction?

JRjr
This Duke team is likely no worse the the previous 3 or 4 we've lost to. They are just missing 3 easy out of conference wins which would put them at 5 - 6 and right in contention for a lower tier bowl.

Early forecast is 50% chance of rain with a low of 49. Not great conditions for watching a game, but we’ve had worse.

JRjr
UConn at our place. Coldest I have ever been at a GT game. Cold. Drizzling rain. I was unprepared for it. When I got up to leave, just after halftime with the game in hand, I couldn't feel my feet and had to just sling my legs ahead to walk. We've had colder games at BDS that I was properly insulated for, but I guess I just wasn't paying attention that day.

The standard for cold was the Iowa Orange Bowl back in 2010. Coldest I've ever been for a game....In goddamn South Florida. mostly bc we were expecting pleasant. Felt the wind coming into my shoes.
I remember attending a Falcons/49ers game at Atlanta Fulton County stadium back in the mid/late 1980s - it was five degrees. Nobody on earth imagined it could ever be that cold in Atlanta. Falcons lost, of course.

The standard for cold was the Iowa Orange Bowl back in 2010. Coldest I've ever been for a game....In goddamn South Florida. mostly bc we were expecting pleasant. Felt the wind coming into my shoes.
Yes! I live in the DC area and I'm not a stranger to the cold, but that was so unpleasant . . . After travelling all the way down there with my family, I could see at halftime that my poor daughter was obviously miserable. I couldn't make her suffer any more so in the second half I suggested we retreat to the warmth of our hotel to watch the miserable end of that game. I grew up in SoFla and I've probably been to at least 20 Orange Bowl games going all the way back to 1969, and that was far and away the coldest I ever experienced.

I wasn't there, but I listened on the radio and I bet the worst weather ever was the Air Force game in 1978 in Colorado Springs where Eddie Lee Ivery rushed for more than 350 yards. Sounded unbearable.

FUN FACT: The head coach for Air Force was . . . Bill Parcells! His coordinators were Ken Hatfield and Al Groh. But that team still stunk.

Witty Quotes About Science, Nature, Time, Reality, Weather ...

I don't believe it, so I'm going hunting.
Update: if I kill two deer by lunchtime Saturday I’m packing up and going to Atlanta. Anything going on this weekend that might interest me?

Update: if I kill two deer by lunchtime Saturday I’m packing up and going to Atlanta. Anything going on this weekend that might interest me?
There's the donkey show at the Pink Pony - that sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Did the game get switched to 3pm? The fox sports scroll for the basketball game says the games at 3 and not 7.

Back