Guess for official attendance?

If your estimate is below 50k, then thanks for informing us all that you are a retart and that we may freely regard you as such.

Well the official number was below 50k, so we can now officially regard Diseqc as a retart per his own words.

Last edited:
We aren't the only ones counting tickets sold as attendance. At BOA Stadium yesterday the announced attendance was 73,000 plus but there probably wasn't more than 55,000 actually there.

Watching the replay last night I was surprised at the empty seats in upper 222, 223, and 224. I sit 3rd row in 222 so didn't notice this on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the replay last night I was surprised at the empty seats in upper 222, 223, and 224. I sit 3rd row in 222 so didn't notice this on Saturday.

This seemed like one of the lowest-attended games of the year for us, which was really surprising considering the opponent and the fact that it was a matchup between two top 25 teams. Upper north was very spotty, and there were some big swatches of upper west with nobody in them. I sit in lower east and couldn't see the upper east, but there were 20 or 30 empty seats in my immediate vicinity.

What's it going to take to get people to show up? We've got the most rootable (and best performing, and exciting to watch) team that we've had in years, but if the temperature dips below 50, people say "forget it" and stay home?

JRjr

I think one problem was the proximity to Thanksgiving. I also think we lost some casual fans and not so rich visiting fans due to high ticket prices. If you're traveling. AND paying a large price for each ticket, it can be enough to keep you at home.

I think GT filled the place up as well as in recent years but a lot of Clemson visitors were priced out. FWIW I thought it was pretty dang loud.

Attendance seemed pretty good from where I was sitting. Wofford or Duke had fewer in attendance according to my vision corrected eyes.

This seemed like one of the lowest-attended games of the year for us, which was really surprising considering the opponent and the fact that it was a matchup between two top 25 teams. Upper north was very spotty, and there were some big swatches of upper west with nobody in them. I sit in lower east and couldn't see the upper east, but there were 20 or 30 empty seats in my immediate vicinity.

What's it going to take to get people to show up? We've got the most rootable (and best performing, and exciting to watch) team that we've had in years, but if the temperature dips below 50, people say "forget it" and stay home?

JRjr

GTAA decided to try and gouge people on tickets. Upper north was 80 bucks before they realized nobody was that stupid and they tried to drop them to 50 at the last minute.

GTAA decided to try and gouge people on tickets. Upper north was 80 bucks before they realized nobody was that stupid and they tried to drop them to 50 at the last minute.

They under priced them big time in 2011 ($40) and the ticket re-sellers made bank on buying and reselling them. These $40 tickets in the UN were reselling for between $80 and $100. I guess the GTAA thought the market would be as good this time and it wasn't (noon vs 7PM).

I don't blame them for trying to get maximize revenue, but they clearly miscalculated on demand.

201 was totally empty Saturday. Worst seats in our stadium.

It was actually cold as a witches tit pre game. My brother and I seriously considered staying home and enjoying the game in the warmth of my beautifully appointed living room on the big screen with surround sound, but decided to go because it was the last home game and we wanted to cheer for the boys one more time. We actually had a spare season ticket because his wife said hell no it's too öööö cold. We sold it for $20 an hour before kickoff to a local ticket broker/entrepreneur. The buzz outside the stadium was surprisingly big game like.

Once we got inside there were a lot of seats open. I attribute it to a lot of folks opting to stay home, stay warm and actually have a better view from their own living room. The reality is a lot of Tech fans have a higher degree of intelligence and will often opt for the warmth of their living rooms as opposed to sitting out in the cold for 4 hours. They actually value their health and well being slightly more than the experience of exposing themselves to bad weather. If you want to pound your chest because you had a huge crowd that braved the elements to cheer for their team, you probably need to pull for one of the factory football schools.

Go Jackets!

It was actually cold as a witches tit pre game. My brother and I seriously considered staying home and enjoying the game in the warmth of my beautifully appointed living room on the big screen with surround sound, but decided to go because it was the last home game and we wanted to cheer for the boys one more time. We actually had a spare season ticket because his wife said hell no it's too öööö cold. We sold it for $20 an hour before kickoff to a local ticket broker/entrepreneur. The buzz outside the stadium was surprisingly big game like.

Once we got inside there were a lot of seats open. I attribute it to a lot of folks opting to stay home, stay warm and actually have a better view from their own living room. The reality is a lot of Tech fans have a higher degree of intelligence and will often opt for the warmth of their living rooms as opposed to sitting out in the cold for 4 hours. They actually value their health and well being slightly more than the experience of exposing themselves to bad weather. If you want to pound your chest because you had a huge crowd that braved the elements to cheer for their team, you probably need to pull for one of the factory football schools.

Go Jackets!

I want to punch you so hard right in your ovaries right now.

Last game of the season against our best rival on a game that everyone KNEW would be a nooner. Everyone KNEW the temp would be high 40's to mid 50's. Good lord our fans are such sissies. I am shamed to have to share a stadium with some of them on "nice days".

UVA game was a lot colder than Clemson. I agree, a lot of fans missed out on the best weather we had all season.

Hard to believe the stadium had so many empty sections considering the opponents, rankings, and importance to the whole conference. Hard to explain, hopefully we have a presence next Saturday in Athens. Our boys deserve it after the season they've put together.

Go Jackets!
Are you joking Jerry? Tech fans have a higher degree of intelligence and value their health more than other fans??? that is so much claptrap-bs! The real reason is ,they are lazy,slovenly,sanctimonious and will use any excuse to not get off their fat asses! Don't classify yourself as a Tech fan if you used weather as a reason not to show up! Strong letter to follow!!

Are you joking Jerry? Tech fans have a higher degree of intelligence and value their health more than other fans??? that is so much claptrap-bs! The real reason is ,they are lazy,slovenly,sanctimonious and will use any excuse to not get off their fat asses! Don't classify yourself as a Tech fan if you used weather as a reason not to show up! Strong letter to follow!!

But it was in the low 50's and sunny and light almost no wind. He could have gotten pneumonia or something out in weather like that.

Well I am 65 years old and have not had my flu shot yet. I've been to enough Tech games over my lifetime to never have my fanhood challenged. You know some do grow wiser as they grow older, hopefully some of you youngsters will have the same experience in life.

Go Jackets!

Well I am 65 years old and have not had my flu shot yet. I've been to enough Tech games over my lifetime to never have my fanhood challenged. You know some do grow wiser as they grow older, hopefully some of you youngsters will have the same experience in life.

Go Jackets!

Atta boy Jerry!

You are one of the best contributors here, so keep it up and don't let the trolls get you down.

I for one could recognize that your comments on intelligence were a little tongue in cheek. Fact is, we have some wimpy fans.

Go Jackets!

Well my dad is 72. We park in the Student Center lot. He walks from there to the stadium before the game. He walks back to there after the game. UVA game, we walked from the Student Center lot over to Cypress Street Pub for burgers and beers. We sit in the upper north. He walks the stairs up to the UN level - which is like a brazillion stairs. He is the man your wife always wished you would turn out to be.

My wife hates football like it was my mistress, which it is. Kudos to your Dad, sounds like a hell of an engineer. Next year try to buy him some tickets in the lower section, those öööö upper North steps will get him sooner than later.

Go Jackets!

Back