Gurley Suspended for NCAA Violations

ESPN just said if found guilty they would have to vacate any wins for games he played in after receiving benefits because he is then ineligible. Doesn't matter if UGA knew he was or not. He played and was ineligible. So basically UGA's poster child and savior in the making essentially took a dump on the whole program.

They also said the reports are of the 80 items signed for money but over 500 signed "authenticated" items have been found and are being investigated.

ESPN just said if found guilty they would have to vacate any wins for games he played in after receiving benefits because he is then ineligible. Doesn't matter if UGA knew he was or not. He played and was ineligible. So basically UGA's poster child and savior in the making essentially took a dump on the whole program.

That was the way I had heard it before. I did a search and the only thing I could find was on Reggie Bush taking money from an agent. In that case the team didn't know, and after the investigation they had to vacate 2 wins from the end of one season and all wins from his Heisman season.

I imagine he didn't just start this, so, wonder if our OT loss to them from last year will be vacated as well :naughty:

No I think reports are that this happened about 6 months ago. If so, only this season will be affected. I'm sure he didn't just start. All falls on when they can "prove" he did... if they even can...

Just had my text read by Mike Conti on 92.9 the game on the Gurley issue:

I texted earlier this morning, "For us GT fans that had to deal with losing an ACC championship for $387 worth of shirts, not cash, this couldn't happen to a better fanbase! GOOOOOO Tech! Undefeated!"

I can't believe that made it. I texted that hours ago.

Just had my text read by Mike Conti on 92.9 the game on the Gurley issue:

I texted earlier this morning, "For us GT fans that had to deal with losing an ACC championship for $387 worth of shirts, not cash, this couldn't happen to a better fanbase! GOOOOOO Tech! Undefeated!"

I can't believe that made it. I texted that hours ago.

Can I get your autograph? I'll give you $8.

Paraphrasing a caller on 680 the Fan:

The real criminal is the jerkoff in Dalton who paid Gurley money. If Gurley gets suspended, this guy should be arrested. I wish I can find his memorabilia website. I want to buy some memorabilia from him just so I can slap him around.

:bowrofl:

I was listening to 680 yesterday on the way home while Chuck & Chernoff were trying to spin this. To paraphrase, they said something along the lines of "No one wants this, no matter what school you're a fan of." I literally laughed out loud in my car. In the 30 minutes I listened, it had gone from spin to propaganda.

680 is now blasting Let It Go to half the callers calling in crying about the situation. :biggthumpup:

I was listening to 680 yesterday on the way home while Chuck & Chernoff were trying to spin this. To paraphrase, they said something along the lines of "No one wants this, no matter what school you're a fan of." I literally laughed out loud in my car. In the 30 minutes I listened, it had gone from spin to propaganda.

:bigcry:

:ambh:

:vttears:

Back