Gurley Suspended for NCAA Violations

My hopes are so high over this. I also know the ultimate outcome will be the biggest let down of the season for me. Being a Tech fan has trained me well.

Dwag fans are butthurt that Gurley is gone, GT fans are butthurt that Gurley will get off.

Go figure.

Anyone know what the story is on vacation of games played? I agree that if the first 5 games aren't vacated we should sue the NCAA (assuming this has been going on since the off season)

Anyone know what the story is on vacation of games played? I agree that if the first 5 games aren't vacated we should sue the NCAA (assuming this has been going on since the off season)
The minute he accepts any payment for his signature he is no longer an amateur athlete. Any games he plays in after that will have to be vacated. He could be reinstated by the NCAA in the future. Not really a big deal but it could mean UGA wont win the SEC lEAST.

Edited to add: This could also effect bowl eligibility.

The minute he accepts any payment for his signature he is no longer an amateur athlete. Any games he plays in after that will have to be vacated. He could be reinstated by the NCAA in the future. Not really a big deal but it could mean UGA wont win the SEC lEAST.

Edited to add: This could also effect bowl eligibility.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how it plays out, don't think I've ever seen wins vacated during the same season they were played.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how it plays out, don't think I've ever seen wins vacated during the same season they were played.

If true, UGAg will probably self impose, vacate the wins voluntarily, and the NCAA will accept and move on.

1902771_10201886400002264_1908276185048623907_n.jpg

To impose sanctions, NCAA will probably need either proof money was exchanged or Gurley to confess. Since he's a dumbass there is a chance of that. Otherwise, how do they prove any violation? If you have independent memorabilia dealers who say they paid Gurley, maybe that is enough?

I'm just going to enjoy this for what it is--a huge negative headline for UGA, and something that will tarnish Gurley's image. Anything more (Mizzou loss??) will just be gravy.

I wanted GT to curbstomp the Dwags at full strength ... no ööööin excuses from turf management majoring family members at christmas

So if they vacate wins it would end their bowl streak so we wouldn't be tied with them anymore. Excellent.

I wanted GT to curbstomp the Dwags at full strength ... no ööööin excuses from turf management majoring family members at christmas

I accept all of their amateur player playing against our amateur players as full strength, when your excuse is, "well but if we had our professional RB we would've beaten your college team." It's a little bit weak.

This is like finding out you were given the winning lottery ticket.
Learning that Hillary will move to China or some other worthless country.
I told my wife to not worry about giving me a Christmas present this year, I go it today.

Rally reminds me of when that other Nad Licker #34, was dismissed, you cannot give those UGA fans too much trash about their trash program and players.

Beej, you've been even douchier than usual lately. Everything ok?

Dude, everyone on Stingtalk knew this was coming. Reddit knew it was coming. That it comes now just means UGA is going to have a ööööty record going into late November when they reactivate Gurley and rush for 300 vs us.

Sure would have been nice for it to hit around November 10th.

Gurley will not rush for 300 against us. Last year's D was not very great either and we held him to like 86 yards in regulation or something (granted he did have some receiving yards as well).

I think we give UGA's team too much credit. It's basically the same team as last season and we had several opportunities to WIN that game and just didn't because our team didn't know how to be winners at all last season.

Hey TaxJacket - if you suppose that in the last year Gurley has made $20,000 off of signatures, how much trouble could he be in with the IRS for unreported earnings?

Back