Gurley Suspended for NCAA Violations

Sports radio should not be missed in the morning

Maybe/maybe not. Caught part of the *gag* David Greene show looking for delicious tears. It was basically an anti-NCAA-a-thon. Innocent-til-proven-guilty-fest. Probably more of same tomorrow.

I think you are right. This the narrative will become 'The NCAA is a bunch of slaveowners and oppressing these young men' and so on. I might not listen after all.

That's what it was from about 6:00 to 6:30. Chuck & Chernoff were just bashing the NCAA and doing damage control.

They can do damage control all they want. If TMZ is getting in on the act, it won't matter. There's smoke, there's a whole lot of wood and there's öööö sure going to be more than a few Todd Gurley autographed matches, complete with CoAs.

UF throughout the 1980's says hi :lol:

Bama and IIRC MS State has been hit pretty hard too at times, while UGA and Auburn skate by somehow. Then USCw really had the book thrown at them while UM basically skated by almost untouched.

From following the NCAA for a long time, I've just learned that it's always quite unpredictable who the NCAA will throw the book at and when. They've thrown the book at some very high-revenue programs, but the NCAA doesn't really have an interest in football revenue for USCw. That all goes to the conferences. The NCAA's existence is almost entirely from CBS money for the basketball tournament. Maybe also the football tournament now, but they didn't get money from the BCS.

The NCAA's goal is to remain this bizarre gatekeeper with an expanded purview over amateurism. The NCAA is a non-profit, but many non-profits like the NCAA, universities and hospitals really have a motive to increase their revenue. As revenue increases, the executives justify higher salaries and better perks like private jets because they run a larger organization.

For the NCAA, if amateurism and all its investigations were done away with, then it would have difficulty justifying all the CBS money it takes off the top before the money goes to conferences and schools. GT had the book thrown at them because DRad didn't give the NCAA due deference. DRad basically said "this is asinine" to the NCAA investigator's request. USCw's punishment was highly disproportionate to their crimes because they basically acted like an NFL team even they technically stayed within NCAA guidelines.

Basically, the NCAA's goal in everything is to justify their existence and thus their high revenue from CBS money and thus higher executive salaries and perks. No existence or reason for the insane patchwork of rules means no more high executive salaries and perks. The NCAA benefits most from the current state of Kabuki for amateurism's sake just as TSA benefits from security theater.

They can do damage control all they want. If TMZ is getting in on the act, it won't matter. There's smoke, there's a whole lot of wood and there's öööö sure going to be more than a few Todd Gurley autographed matches, complete with CoAs.

Did I hear correctly that TMZ has video of him signing the stuff?

fj writing novels. aint nobody got time fo that! im off to sign some stuffs. signs and wonders...

So the guy that did the reddit AMA said that ESPN had been actively researching this, calling memorabilia dealers and asking questions.

Will they have a bombshell exclusive in the next day or two?

So the guy that did the reddit AMA said that ESPN had been actively researching this, calling memorabilia dealers and asking questions.

Will they have a bombshell exclusive in the next day or two?

I would be shocked if that's true.

fj writing novels. aint nobody got time fo that! im off to sign some stuffs. signs and wonders...

Hereby the tl;dr summary of all my posts: UGA sucks and I hope all the bad things of the world happen to them and only to them.

copied from SECRANT.com

öööö Good Dawg
Georgia Fan
Member since Feb 2011
42890 posts

re: Where were you when you heard? (Posted on 10/9/14 at 8:28 pm to hobnail)

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how his running used to make me smile
And I knew if we had a chance
That Gurley could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But October made me shiver
With every word I read on twitter
Bad news on the internet
I couldn't stop kicking my dear pet

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his rumored bribe
But something touched me deep inside
The day Georgia's hopes died

+++++

LOOKATDA MUTTHURT FALLIN OUTTA DA SKY!

copied from SECRANT.com

öööö Good Dawg
Georgia Fan
Member since Feb 2011
42890 posts

re: Where were you when you heard? (Posted on 10/9/14 at 8:28 pm to hobnail)

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how his running used to make me smile
And I knew if we had a chance
That Gurley could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But October made me shiver
With every word I read on twitter
Bad news on the internet
I couldn't stop kicking my dear pet

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his rumored bribe
But something touched me deep inside
The day Georgia's hopes died

+++++

LOOKATDA MUTTHURT FALLIN OUTTA DA SKY!
Al Groh is a dawg fan?

They had pictures of Manziel too. He got half a game.

They will wrap this up with the insulting to our intelligence that the sum total was $400.

That autograph dealer is insane. If word gets out regarding who he is, he'll never get another kid to sign for him. But I'm sure the players already know who he is and that's why he's gone hush, hush.

He's hearing from everyone in Dwagnation right about now.

Back