Gurley Suspended for NCAA Violations

Shut your whore mouth. Chubb is not Gurley. Gurley is once in a life time.

Chubb is good, very good but as you said Gurley when healthy is a once in a decade back. The closest thing they have had to Hershel. Better than Knowshon or Garrison Hearst. He will be drafted in the first round. I sure would like to have him on my team if I were an NFL team.

If it was a GT player we would have to vacate all wins, but since it was a dwag, they will probably let him off with 1 game and they can probably choose which game - like Kentucky

Don't be all sour grapes. There is a significant difference in the way our situation was handled. And he's at Clempson now.

So the cap on one game is $400, and the 'confessor' admits to, coincidentally, $400.

Wrap it up with a bow, folks. Barney Fife has solved the case, nothing to see here.

NCAA is sending the "Jan Kemp Memorial Compliance Dept of the Year" award to the engravers as we speak. They will present the award to Richt at halftime of the SECCG.

Seriously, if they dont vacate, we should file a class action suit.

Wrote before video... now we are talking.

UGA/NCAA has deeper pockets than me. Is the seller willing to shut up for the NCAA/UGA payoff?

I bet he is. I bet they buy it and burn it and this gets buried like Manziel.

Well, we lost to Georgia with Murray out and beat Georgia with a perfectly healthy Stafford and Knowshon Moreno. It's hard for me to get galvanized about illicit benefits and "amateurism," even in the spirit of anti-UGA bloodlust. The Jan Kemp and fundamentals of basketball things were 1,000,000x worse, especially since most athletes even at UGA will go "professional in something other than sports."

What was the quote by UGA's lawyer in the Jan Kemp lawsuit, something like "he won't be an astronaut, but we'll make him a postman or other decent job"?

I cant care about the impact on our game, there is no way this goes more than a week with my tinfoil hat on this tight.

NCAA has NEVER aired SEC laundry. They buried the Cam Newton stuff and the Johnny Football stuff.

Our only hope is the film exists, and the holder wants to expose the SEC for what it is. Crooked as a dawgfan's teeth.

The small kindling smoke from a few weeks ago is turning into a full dumpster fire for Gurley and UGA. Apparently Gurley pissed off the memorabilia folks b/c he took money to sign from anyone and everyone and drove down the price on their inventory by flooding the supply. So now some of these dealers are looking to get back at him and teach a lesson to future players.

I think he has to sit a few weeks for sure while this is all sorted out. I would say 3-4 weeks if the UGA compliance folks manage to circle their wagons, possibly a full season if he fesses up to all of it b/c it for certain is a major violation.

There is also the ramifications of playing an ineligible player. UGA would have to vacate their wins this season which would make Mizzou/Kentucky the front runner for the SEC lEast.

NCAA has NEVER aired SEC laundry. They buried the Cam Newton stuff and the Johnny Football stuff.

Cam stuff was interesting. Auburn compliance staff was sharp. I think the Auburn guy used to work at GT. They got off by saying it was not against the rules for a parent to shop a kid around w/o the players knowledge. This loophole has since been closed.

The Manziel situation took place over the summer and took weeks to resolve. Ultimately, he sat out a half b/c they couldn't prove payment. Lots of autograph dealers take video of players signing stuff but they don't document payments for obvious reasons. I am sure this is the case with Gurley. The difference is this is the middle of the season.

He didn't do this in the back of the car

darren rovellVerified account
‏@darrenrovell
A search of records from noted autograph authenticator JSA reveals 250 signed Gurley jerseys in a row.
Reply Retweet Favorite More

I cant care about the impact on our game, there is no way this goes more than a week with my tinfoil hat on this tight.

Our only hope is the film exists, and the holder wants to expose the SEC for what it is. Crooked as a dawgfan's teeth.

I think the differences were that Newton's dad accepted the money, not Newton, so they were able to circumvent Newton being punished. And the Manziel family was already wealthy so any extra money he was making was difficult to trace. I don't condone the NCAA's decisions on either of these issues, but from the sound of it, Gurley's actions were more egregious than Manziel's or Newton's.

He didn't do this in the back of the car

darren rovellVerified account
‏@darrenrovell
A search of records from noted autograph authenticator JSA reveals 250 signed Gurley jerseys in a row.
Reply Retweet Favorite More

How do you think they can tell how many items he signed? He was paid to authenticate them before the guy sold them?

correct. More valuable if they are legit and have been verified. 250 of them in a row means they were submitted as a batch to JSA.

Came here for this, was not disappointed.

EXCITED-GEORGIA-TECH-FAN.gif

Back