Gurley Suspended for NCAA Violations

Latest I heard on 92.9 tonight was Bruce Feldman's report saying he'll miss 2-3 games. Not sure the timing of this versus Chip Towers' report claiming he's done for the season.

Latest I heard on 92.9 tonight was Bruce Feldman's report saying he'll miss 2-3 games. Not sure the timing of this versus Chip Towers' report claiming he's done for the season.

92.9 is like the Dwag Rant of sports radio. 3rd fiddle or worse.

This post inspired me. Quick and dirty, but came out decent:

GoneGurley.jpg

Brilliant. This should be picked up nationally. Send it to edsbs or the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I don't get--We got in trouble for talking to DT before the NCAA investigators did, right? (I can't remember who specifically talked to him.) Gurley is getting a lawyer to represent him. What is the difference? In both cases you have people "coaching" the person under investigation, no? I guess the NCAA investigators must have already spoken to Gurley, prior to his getting a lawyer?

Something I don't get--We got in trouble for talking to DT before the NCAA investigators did, right? (I can't remember who specifically talked to him.) Gurley is getting a lawyer to represent him. What is the difference? In both cases you have people "coaching" the person under investigation, no? I guess the NCAA investigators must have already spoken to Gurley, prior to his getting a lawyer?

No, it's just hypocrisy.

The difference is that UGA doesn't have a championship to take away.

Okay okay okay.

The troll potential of this thing is only now sinking in on me.

All our gameday posters should be signed by Gurley.
All our gameday T shirts should be signed by Gurley.
Every image we use to troll UGA should be signed by Gurley.

R90718-Auto.JPG

The difference is that we didn't self report. We got in trouble for telling Thomas that an investigation was ongoing after the NCAA specifically told us not to; obviously with self reporting that's not really a relevant issue.

If I had any artistic prowess whatsoever, I'd put his autograph on the Hindenburg, the Titanic, Fat Man, etc.

We were made an example of for daring to look directly at the burning bush!

We were made an example of for daring to look directly at the burning bush!

This pretty much exactly and sadly now we see a lot more players suspended by the school in fear of the mighty NCAA and reverse consequences.

GT hat off, this sucks for Gurley and UGA and is just another example of how far reaching the unintended consequences of the NCAA's attempt to retain power has come.

The difference is that we didn't self report. We got in trouble for telling Thomas that an investigation was ongoing after the NCAA specifically told us not to; obviously with self reporting that's not really a relevant issue.

Actually, the difference is that, as of now, there is NO NCAA investigation. This is an institutional investigation. So, they can handle it however they want.

Dawgs have a real problem with "lack of institutional control" and thought they were finally busted and then started to panic but remembered (with NCAA guidance) to make their own judgement. Gurley will return after a 1 game suspension, imo.

Back