Guys, it's time to give CGC a chance

so just how many 2 stars did PJ sign in his last three years?
He had 8 4 stars in his last three full recruiting classes, and that doesn't include getting Yates (upgraded to a 4 after his commitment) for the 19 class.

PJ also left to CGC and CBK a starting offensive line of three guys who had been full time starters for much or all of their careers, plus two others who had started most of the second half of the season. he also had a SEC transfer as a backup and had two OL commits (each 6-4, 270) the new staff chose to no play into signing elsewhere (though the new staff had been told they would honor the commitments made to the old staff. they didn't technically pull the offers but no played them into going elsewhere).
So we had no OL signees in the 19 class. Wonder if they regret doing that now.
In the meantime, Braun left and is starting at Texas. Lee got hurt. Cooper is now hurt.
Maybe those little Oklahoma drills that made for such great video in the preseason were a bad idea. Just speculatin'.

What good does 6-4 270lbs do when that is likely fudged a tad --when in reality they're 6-2.5 264lbs , slow, can't pass block, don't have the body types with long arms to pass block, had we not slow played them then we'd be stuck with them for 4yrs cause you guys won't let a coach process when necessary

Coming out of HS we need guards & centers that are 6-4 300lbs accurate hts & wghts, OTs that are 6-5 & up preferably 6-6 minimum that carry 300lbs of good weight

For all those guys that hate processing, we got 2 of our ATL OLinemen because they couldn't hack it in the SEC and got processed by their schools, Southers & DeFoor

If Vandy is processing trying to win, why are we late to the party

Are you senile? Can you even read?
I've not seen him in practice but I damn sure watched him against the Citadel. I also saw him kick in the game against Citadel. Remember that kick? The frigging EXTRA POINT that he missed? You know...the ones that are kicked from the 9 yard line....and he missed it wide right by a long margin.

What I do know is this: if he's the best kicker, then he should be out kicking the other guy in practice. Surely you aren't suggesting that Collins should be starting a kicker who can't make kicks in practice? If you are, then you're being stupid.

As I said, the replacement kicker has done so well that this was a genius move by our stellar head coach and staff. Much like rotating 3 quarterbacks. Hard to argue with success.

As I said, the replacement kicker has done so well that this was a genius move by our stellar head coach and staff. Much like rotating 3 quarterbacks. Hard to argue with success.
Sounds like you're going to bitch no matter what they do. Of all the things I'd find fault with Collins about, not playing someone who is getting out kicked in practice by another guy isn't one of them.

Your argument rests on some shaky foundations when you think a guy who can't beat out another guy day after day in practice is somehow going to just turn it on when the game day comes. Further proof that your argument is flawed is that they actually did let him try the easiest of kicks...the extra point...and he missed it.

Sounds like you're going to bitch no matter what they do. Of all the things I'd find fault with Collins about, not playing someone who is getting out kicked in practice by another guy isn't one of them.

Your argument rests on some shaky foundations when you think a guy who can't beat out another guy day after day in practice is somehow going to just turn it on when the game day comes. Further proof that your argument is flawed is that they actually did let him try the easiest of kicks...the extra point...and he missed it.

I guess we can agree to disagree. The replacement hasn’t done squat since he has been here. With that said, given the ineptness of the offense, none of our kickers will get many extra point opportunities and probably few field goal chances as most likely we’ll be far enough behind that 3 points will not matter.

I guess we can agree to disagree. The replacement hasn’t done squat since he has been here. With that said, given the ineptness of the offense, none of our kickers will get many extra point opportunities and probably few field goal chances as most likely we’ll be far enough behind that 3 points will not matter.
So you DO think a player should given the starting job, no questions asked, based on last year's performance...even if they're being outplayed during the current season by someone else?
Wow. Umm....ok. Whatever.

So you DO think a player should given the starting job, no questions asked, based on last year's performance...even if they're being outplayed during the current season by someone else?
Wow. Umm....ok. Whatever.

Our kicker from last year has missed one kick. I do not know how they practice. You act like you do. I did watch him kick two balls Saturday in warm ups, one from 35 and one from 40. No problems hitting them solidly or with accuracy. His replacement in game conditions against The Citadel missed an important field goal, did he not? If a kid is good in the games and not so much in practice, I’ll take the former every time. To bench a kid for one missed extra point is ridiculous and helps create the “yips” more than solving them.

Our kicker from last year has missed one kick. I do not know how they practice. You act like you do. I did watch him kick two balls Saturday in warm ups, one from 35 and one from 40. No problems hitting them solidly or with accuracy. His replacement in game conditions against The Citadel missed an important field goal, did he not? If a kid is good in the games and not so much in practice, I’ll take the former every time. To bench a kid for one missed extra point is ridiculous and helps create the “yips” more than solving them.
Are you really this dumb? I am NOT acting like I know how they practice. I'm telling you that the coaches said they have kicking competitions and that Wells has been consistently beat out by the other kicker. Yet YOU keep saying "he's only missed one field goal".

I don't care who kicks but for an idiot like you to criticize the coach based on how a kid kicked this year versus this year is beyond stupid. I've told you the only time I've seen Wells kick was Citadel. He missed the extra point. Not a field goal...a frigging 19 yard kick and he missed it wide right. Then after half time he was having trouble making field goals again. He missed 5 out of 6 and only 1 was 40 yards or longer. If you want to bitch about something, at least find something intelligent to bitch about. If Wells is the better kicker, then he should damn well be able to beat out King in practice. If he can't then he doesn't deserve to be kicking in the games.

Are you really this dumb? I am NOT acting like I know how they practice. I'm telling you that the coaches said they have kicking competitions and that Wells has been consistently beat out by the other kicker. Yet YOU keep saying "he's only missed one field goal".

I don't care who kicks but for an idiot like you to criticize the coach based on how a kid kicked this year versus this year is beyond stupid. I've told you the only time I've seen Wells kick was Citadel. He missed the extra point. Not a field goal...a frigging 19 yard kick and he missed it wide right. Then after half time he was having trouble making field goals again. He missed 5 out of 6 and only 1 was 40 yards or longer. If you want to bitch about something, at least find something intelligent to bitch about. If Wells is the better kicker, then he should damn well be able to beat out King in practice. If he can't then he doesn't deserve to be kicking in the games.
You know I’ve tried to be civil in this discussion. You seem to be more interested in personal attacks and name calling than a discussion about the topic. I believe that the kicker situation has been mishandled. That is my right. The kid missed one kick and has been relegated to the “juice squad” which in itself, is stupid. I also believe that the quarterbacks have been mismanaged. Again my right. No where have I called for the firing of the coach as some have. I am concerned though with what I have seen in handling of the roster, time management and in game decisions. That is my right. Every time I read an article where the offensive coordinator is quoted, I cringe. Time will tell. Until then, why not show some class, that has obviously alluded you, and refrain from personal attacks on those with whom you disagree.

Back