Guys, it's time to give CGC a chance

Glaringly different? We didn't lose to the Citadel or manage ZERO offensive points against Temple in either of those years. This guy is a joke and you know it.

Your comment included Clemson and UGA only -so my response holds true, nothing will be different in 2019 and 2020 vs 2017 and 2018 with regard to the two best teams on the schedule.

As for Citadel and Temple -yep, glaringly horrible. Only difference is I’m willing to give CGC a couple of years to rebuild, manage the roster (which is a mess right now), and see what happens before I lump him into B*** L**** lore.

Coming off a bye week, there was no sign of improvement, really disappointing and not building confidence in the ability of coaches, particularly offensively, to maximize what talent there is, and there is enough talent, in my opinion, to not have this ineptness...

Coming off a bye week, there was no sign of improvement, really disappointing and not building confidence in the ability of coaches, particularly offensively, to maximize what talent there is, and there is enough talent, in my opinion, to not have this ineptness...
A perfectly reasonable opinion, expressed with prudence and without hyperbole

Prepare to be scathingly mocked and criticized

I disagree. The TO offense was much expanded and moved the ball. I don’t know when Mason went out, but we made a decent showing in the first half. Our offense was killed by poor ball security.

The JG offensive was less effective, but was markedly better than the Johnson offense against USF. Temple is a good defensive team. They believe in a hard nosed offense to wear you down. It worked when we started going 3 and out.

And the 5 minute death march to end the first half was pure Roof. The D has to do better than that.

I totally disagree. Our WRs looked good and TO has never looked better throwing the football.
I do agree that the OL doesn't appear to be any better now and might have actually played better vs Clemson than any game since. DL is still porous but secondary also looked good yesterday.

What talent? All of those 2 stars and walk-ons? Yeah...öööö off.
so just how many 2 stars did PJ sign in his last three years?
He had 8 4 stars in his last three full recruiting classes, and that doesn't include getting Yates (upgraded to a 4 after his commitment) for the 19 class.

PJ also left to CGC and CBK a starting offensive line of three guys who had been full time starters for much or all of their careers, plus two others who had started most of the second half of the season. he also had a SEC transfer as a backup and had two OL commits (each 6-4, 270) the new staff chose to no play into signing elsewhere (though the new staff had been told they would honor the commitments made to the old staff. they didn't technically pull the offers but no played them into going elsewhere).
So we had no OL signees in the 19 class. Wonder if they regret doing that now.
In the meantime, Braun left and is starting at Texas. Lee got hurt. Cooper is now hurt.
Maybe those little Oklahoma drills that made for such great video in the preseason were a bad idea. Just speculatin'.

I'm giving Collins a chance. Mainly, because like you said, I don't have a choice but what are your expectations?

His plan seems to be win by geting better athletes. That's great and we can all agree that is needed. Question is, will it work?

I have a hard time believing we will ever recruit at the level of the top schools. Has tech ever signed a 5 star? I could be wrong, but I don't think Calvin was rated as a 5 star. Clemson, bama , ugag and the other top schools have them on the bench not even getting playing time.

People like to rave about gaileys recruiting but he was just over 500. People öööö on Johnsons recruiting. He was just over 500. Tech has always been tech with some good and some bad years mixed in.

With the coaching I've seen so far, I have a hard time convincing myself that anybody can recruit good enough for us to be much better than 500.

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like if Collins does a good job, we will be gailey like again. Consistently half ass.
Just out of curiosity, what specific coaching mistakes have you noticed?

CGC didn't fumble the ball into the endzone. He didn't whiff blocks on the LOS. He didn't throw passes behind wide-open receivers or throw balls at their feet. He didn't juggle and drop passes. It's not CGC fault we don't have a PK that can make a field goal outside the 25 yard line.
There were lots of missed opportunities yesterday.

CGC didn't fumble the ball into the endzone. He didn't whiff blocks on the LOS. He didn't throw passes behind wide-open receivers or throw balls at their feet. He didn't juggle and drop passes. It's not CGC fault we don't have a PK that can make a field goal outside the 25 yard line.
There were lots of missed opportunities yesterday.

Funny we had a kicker that couldn’t miss last year and he has been benched this year. Does GC not make that decision?

Funny we had a kicker that couldn’t miss last year and he has been benched this year. Does GC not make that decision?
Were you at the Citadel game? Because whatever magic he had last year, it seems to have escaped him this year. I didn't pay attention prior to the game but after he missed the kick in the 1st half, I watched the kickers warm up after half. Wesley attempted about 5 or 6 kicks and made ONE of them. His first kick was on the 20 yard line...would have been a 30 yard kick. He missed so far wide right that the lady who was sitting in the row in front me saw it and asked, "Was he actually trying to make that or was he just kicking to warm up his legs?". He seems to have developed a case of the yips this year. Hopefully he'll figure it out but right now, he's struggling.

Just out of curiosity, what specific coaching mistakes have you noticed?

I will give you one I watched yesterday. Several times when Temple punted we didn’t field the ball because our returner was lined up too deep. The Temple punter is averaging 35 yards a punt for the season and averaged 37 yards yesterday that included the rolls after the punt landed. So he was about average and our coaching staff didn’t even have the smarts to get the returner lined up correctly

I just believe they are over their heads and we are paying them a lot to know what they are doing

I understand the offensive struggles, but didn't expect the horseshit display we have witnessed over the past 3 games. We look completely clueless on special teams. One of our guys literally tried to rip the dudes head off. Imo biggest disappointment I have is the lack of discipline. We could at least fix that

Were you at the Citadel game? Because whatever magic he had last year, it seems to have escaped him this year. I didn't pay attention prior to the game but after he missed the kick in the 1st half, I watched the kickers warm up after half. Wesley attempted about 5 or 6 kicks and made ONE of them. His first kick was on the 20 yard line...would have been a 30 yard kick. He missed so far wide right that the lady who was sitting in the row in front me saw it and asked, "Was he actually trying to make that or was he just kicking to warm up his legs?". He seems to have developed a case of the yips this year. Hopefully he'll figure it out but right now, he's struggling.

Missed one kick, hasn’t been back. Awful short leash but at least his replacement is lights out.

Missed one kick, hasn’t been back. Awful short leash but at least his replacement is lights out.
What part of "couldn't make but one kick out of six in warmups" eluded you? Personally, I thought he was great last year but if he can't make kicks this year, it would be monumentally stupid to put him back out there to kick again. If he's the best kicker, earn the damn spot in practice.

What part of "couldn't make but one kick out of six in warmups" eluded you? Personally, I thought he was great last year but if he can't make kicks this year, it would be monumentally stupid to put him back out there to kick again. If he's the best kicker, earn the damn spot in practice.

Watched him in warmups yesterday only a couple of kicks from 35 and 40 yards. No apparent problem there. Not sure about practice, sure that you are there every day. What I do know is this; he was money last year and the guy GC has chosen hasn’t done squat. That is a fact.

Watched him in warmups yesterday only a couple of kicks from 35 and 40 yards. No apparent problem there. Not sure about practice, sure that you are there every day. What I do know is this; he was money last year and the guy GC has chosen hasn’t done squat. That is a fact.
Are you senile? Can you even read?
I've not seen him in practice but I damn sure watched him against the Citadel. I also saw him kick in the game against Citadel. Remember that kick? The frigging EXTRA POINT that he missed? You know...the ones that are kicked from the 9 yard line....and he missed it wide right by a long margin.

What I do know is this: if he's the best kicker, then he should be out kicking the other guy in practice. Surely you aren't suggesting that Collins should be starting a kicker who can't make kicks in practice? If you are, then you're being stupid.

Back