Guys, it's time to give CGC a chance

johncu

Dodd-Like
Holy öööö. Dumb people are dumb. You guys are absolutely dumb for judging this whole thing based on 4 games of a regime change for a team with zero offensive line.
Yeah I agree. That's just as dumb as trying to blame Paul Johnson for the garbage we've seen so far this season.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
And then went 5-3 in the ACC. What do you think the odds are of us doing that this season?

Our recruiting has been much better than Temple's, so spare me with the whining about talent. That explains getting blown out by Clemson, but not the rest of this season. Our recruiting was ranked in the 40s and 50s lately. We don't look like a top 100 team right now.
And how many of those seniors from that team left and are no longer here? We returned 9 starters. You're a Tech guy. Do the math and tell me what percentage that is.

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
And how many of those seniors from that team left and are no longer here. We returned 9 starters. You're a Tech guy. Do the math and tell me what percentage that is.
Do some math for me: how much of an improvement did we make offensively from the Citadel loss to this one? Quantify it in points, letters, recruiting rankings.... Any way you like. Here, I'll help you: jack öööö. Hell, less than Jack öööö.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
And then went 5-3 in the ACC. What do you think the odds are of us doing that this season?

Our recruiting has been much better than Temple's, so spare me with the whining about talent. That explains getting blown out by Clemson, but not the rest of this season. Our recruiting was ranked in the 40s and 50s lately. We don't look like a top 100 team right now.
Football is won and lost in the trenches. That’s why Alabama and uga put so much effort into their offensive and defensive lines. We are losing first and foremost because we are extremely thin on the lines - particularly O line. We don’t even have a two deep of scholarship athletes right now. That is due to recruiting imbalance by the prior staff. Second, we are playing a bunch of o linemen who were really good at running downfield and cut blocking for a running attack. They are not very good at standing up and blocking (and they weren’t good at it last year either). Until we get some line size and depth it is going to be rough.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Do some math for me: how much of an improvement did we make offensively from the Citadel loss to this one? Quantify it in points, letters, recruiting rankings.... Any way you like. Here, I'll help you: jack öööö. Hell, less than Jack öööö.
I'm sure you bitching and complaining about it will somehow make all of those walk-on and 1-star offensive linemen into 4 stars though and we'll be much more ready for UNC. So keep going. You're doing awesome.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I'm not extrapolating anything. I'm saying Johnson would be 3-1 right now. If you disagree, I'd love to hear why.
Omg I’m dying. I’m dying. Laughing or crying I don’t know which but holy öööö you are dumb dumb dumb. You’re not extrapolating, BUT a hypothetical coach based on prior outcomes would LIKELY be 3-1 right now, but to be clear — you are NOT extrapolating???? Hahahaha.

Dumb people are dumb.

GTsapper

Omg I’m dying. I’m dying. Laughing or crying I don’t know which but holy öööö you are dumb dumb dumb. You’re not extrapolating, BUT a hypothetical coach based on prior outcomes would LIKELY be 3-1 right now, but to be clear — you are NOT extrapolating???? Hahahaha.

Dumb people are dumb.
#404TheCulture

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******

Dumb people are dumb.
You sound like you can't even right now

GTsapper

I'm sure you bitching and complaining about it will somehow make all of those walk-on and 1-star offensive linemen into 4 stars though and we'll be much more ready for UNC. So keep going. You're doing awesome.
Yeah, I've seen how these coaches game plan for the Citadel and Temple. I'm ready to be thoroughly impressed by how much ass we kick against a team that nearly took Clemson to the mat.

johncu

Dodd-Like
And how many of those seniors from that team left and are no longer here. We returned 9 starters. You're a Tech guy. Do the math and tell me what percentage that is.
Eyeroll. Every team in the country loses seniors every year - sometimes lots of them. They don't turn from a bowl team into a pile of garbage. Hell, our incoming recruiting class is higher ranked than the outgoing one.

I get it. We shouldn't give up on CGC after 4 games. I haven't, and I will continue to support the team despite the pitiful offensive performance. I hope we turn it around, I really do. But we need to stop blaming PJ when things go south.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Eyeroll. Every team in the country loses seniors every year - sometimes lots of them. They don't turn from a bowl team into a pile of garbage. Hell, our incoming recruiting class is higher ranked than the outgoing one.

I get it. We shouldn't give up on CGC after 4 games. I haven't, and I will continue to support the team despite the pitiful offensive performance. I hope we turn it around, I really do. But we need to stop blaming PJ when things go south.
Every team in the country has only 9 seniors in their entire 66 man 3-deep? I don't think so.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ

Oh they don’t? Then explain going from Orange Bowl champs to a 3 win season.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
to do what he was hired to do. This means patience and a little forgiveness for the crap he is going to have to do and we are going to have to watch happen.

And I am not talking rebuild. CGC is at the beginning of one of the most extreme overhauls I have ever heard of a major program or school go through. This is going to be painful.

But throwing him, his decisions, his style, and all that goes with it under the bus after game 3 is unacceptable considering what we are trying to do here.

I get that some of you wanted to stay with the option, but is it too much to ask to get behind the coach and support him, at least for the sake of our program and our school? Asinine polls of "Monken or Collins" go far beyond the pale when that decision has already been made and we are in it for a minimum of 4 years.
No knock on our players but...

I don’t know whether to be mad as hell Paul Johnson left the cupboards bare, or amazed he could win 6-7 games with the team we have.

It’s a head scratcher.

But I’m SURE Collins will recruit this State and sign some big-time players. And Collins will beat Clemson and Georgia in 3 yrs.

Go Jackets

GTsapper

Collins won't beat Clemson or UGA in 2 years even if they suit up the cheerleaders to play.