Guys, it's time to give CGC a chance

Our coaching staff has gone full retard.

CZEMH6TUMAA2E0w.jpg

Everyone can hate me all they want, but it's clear to anyone that stops thinking about recruiting classes and schemes for a second that these young men lack the leadership and motivation from the staff that they deserve. The human element routinely overcomes being physically outclassed or thematically outwitted.

If you think Temple and Citadel are physically superior to our team, or that these young men are too stupid to execute a system then you are the blindest excuse generator and you do the program a disservice. Lack of leadership and coaching explains this year.

I feel for the upperclassmen. The atmosphere must suck. CGC is no Dabo or Saban. Great coaches who had rocky starts at least brought with them leadership qualities that revitalized dead locker rooms...energy, motivation, confidence, and discipline.

This staff seems to views this year like our fans do...a throw away year waiting on new players to fit the system. That's not healthy as a coaching staff. I feel for this team more than I have in my life.

Maybe CGC will turn the ship around, but he has to be a leader to do it. Not a schematic genius, but a leader of young men.

Everyone can hate me all they want, but it's clear to anyone that stops thinking about recruiting classes and schemes for a second that these young men lack the leadership and motivation from the staff that they deserve. The human element routinely overcomes being physically outclassed or thematically outwitted.

If you think Temple and Citadel are physically superior to our team, or that these young men are too stupid to execute a system then you are the blindest excuse generator and you do the program a disservice. Lack of leadership and coaching explains this year.

I feel for the upperclassmen. The atmosphere must suck. CGC is no Dabo or Saban. Great coaches who had rocky starts at least brought with them leadership qualities that revitalized dead locker rooms...energy, motivation, confidence, and discipline.

This staff seems to views this year like our fans do...a throw away year waiting on new players to fit the system. That's not healthy as a coaching staff. I feel for this team more than I have in my life.

Maybe CGC will turn the ship around, but he has to be a leader to do it. Not a schematic genius, but a leader of young men.

What are you even talking about? Energy and motivation aren't remotely a problem for this team. The players rave about the leadership and atmosphere. We just aren't good.

Honestly, I feel more for our program and school if dumbass opinions like this are the prevalent line of thought. I thought Tech people were supposed to be intelligent. You're showing no signs of this today.

I'm giving Collins a chance. Mainly, because like you said, I don't have a choice but what are your expectations?

His plan seems to be win by geting better athletes. That's great and we can all agree that is needed. Question is, will it work?

I have a hard time believing we will ever recruit at the level of the top schools. Has tech ever signed a 5 star? I could be wrong, but I don't think Calvin was rated as a 5 star. Clemson, bama , ugag and the other top schools have them on the bench not even getting playing time.

People like to rave about gaileys recruiting but he was just over 500. People öööö on Johnsons recruiting. He was just over 500. Tech has always been tech with some good and some bad years mixed in.

With the coaching I've seen so far, I have a hard time convincing myself that anybody can recruit good enough for us to be much better than 500.

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like if Collins does a good job, we will be gailey like again. Consistently half ass.

It isn't about just getting better players it is getting players that fit the scheme and getting the roster back in balance. We have what, like 1 real TE on the roster. We have walk on OLs in our two deep and taking a lot of snaps. We still have more RBs than we need.

We might not get the top 5 players in the state, but if we lock down a bunch of the next tier, we will have a very talented roster.

I'm reserving judgment until he has time to reshape the roster and get the numbers back where they need to be for a FBS roster.

He was given a 7 year contract for a reason. This is very much a rebuild of the program. The cupboard at so many positions is bare.

As previously stated, we have more 4 and. 5 stars than 1/3 of the conference.
More 5 stars? LOL, dude you're hallucinating. We don't have a single 5 star on the team other than the one we got from Florida who can't play this year.
And I think we have maybe 4 4-stars on the team? Dream on.

Honestly, I feel more for our program and school if dumbass opinions like this are the prevalent line of thought. I thought Tech people were supposed to be intelligent. You're showing no signs of this today.
You're right. We're clearly turning the corner. Any day now.

Hmm, would you call those two teams comparable?
LOL well you're extrapolating out how great Paul would be with this talent. I suppose you're forgetting that the low talent level we have is due to his recruiting. And yeah...we lost to USF last year.

LOL well you're extrapolating out how great Paul would be with this talent. I suppose you're forgetting that the low talent level we have is due to his recruiting. And yeah...we lost to USF last year.
I'm not extrapolating anything. I'm saying Johnson would be 3-1 right now. If you disagree, I'd love to hear why.

No longer do we have to worry about contending with the likes of Clemson or Georgia, folks. Today, we have to fear the rough interior line play of Temple and the Citadel.

And then went 5-3 in the ACC. What do you think the odds are of us doing that this season?

Our recruiting has been much better than Temple's, so spare me with the whining about talent. That explains getting blown out by Clemson, but not the rest of this season. Our recruiting was ranked in the 40s and 50s lately. We don't look like a top 100 team right now.

Back