Happy with the CPJ extension?

Happy with the CPJ extension?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Without improved recruiting it won't matter who we have in charge?

ööööing thank you.

To put another way: "Firing Paul Johnson" is probably not on the list of things that will improve Tech football, but if it is, it's so far down the list that we can ignore it.

Stansbury has been absolutely golden through his tenure so far. I have been extremely pleased with his message, vision, and decisions. He's a guy who gets it - I have no doubt that he will send CPJ packing if/when the need arises, but he doing a great job of equipping the Head Coach position at Tech (and the coach currently holding it) with what it needs to compete.

If he goes 5-6 or 6-6 or 3-8 again he probably deserves to be on the hotseat at the end of next year and get canned. If he goes 8-4 or 10-2 or beats UGA again he would deserve to be extended at that point. I think that's why people are upset, the extension today doesn't make much sense and if we suck again next year all we have done is saddle ourselves with a larger buyout.

Mike? Is that you?

Yeah, take away all his wins against UGA and he’d be fired for sure.

Go ahead and take his last name away too and he’d have no Johnson.

My point stands, regardless of the childness of it. Paul has skated by with occasional good seasons.

Srsly
My point stands, regardless of the childness of it. Paul has skated by with occasional good seasons.

... occasional good seasons include acc championship appearances, orange bowls, and beating UGA. We haven’t had a coach since 1990 that surpassed any of those accomplishments. And before that? Even O’Leary never won a conference championship or madness it to a major bowl.

The problem with CPJ is the lows are too low, not that the highs aren't high enough. Gailey showed that his ceiling was 9 wins with the absolute best talent in the world.

Nothing against those that like Coach PJ but I hope he ends his contract with GT in 2 years and returns to GSU to end his career.
We could only pay him about 1.2 but the fans would be happy & I think he could still do a good job.

WE will run the Pistol Option next year. I don't see it as a true Triple Option offense. I would like to go back to the offensive scheme that put us in the playoffs the most in FCS and played for 8 NCs winning 6. If it didn't work out so be it!

I think if PJ leaves it will be a major blow to this program. The next guy better be one hell of a recruiter. If not we will experience a long stretch of bad seasons. PJ is a proven coach when he has the talent. He has been behind the eight ball in recruiting ever since he has been here. Even so I think his last two classes have been excellent. TSTAN knows Tech has been at a disadvantage. Get ready for a wild ride because I believe we will see GT football take off. We finally have a AD that will help this program and give the coach what he needs. I have been a Tech fan for a long time, and have seen more than a few bad coaches at Tech. But believe me PJ is not one of them!! GT is lucky to have him.

Srsly

... occasional good seasons include acc championship appearances, orange bowls, and beating UGA. We haven’t had a coach since 1990 that surpassed any of those accomplishments. And before that? Even O’Leary never won a conference championship or madness it to a major bowl.
Completely agree with you!! You don't know what you lost until it's gone. Just ask TN about that, they have sucked for a while now. Should have never fired Phillip F. I'm afraid the same thing would happen to Tech. Some people want PJ gone. Bad idea my friends.

Nothing against those that like Coach PJ but I hope he ends his contract with GT in 2 years and returns to GSU to end his career. We could only pay him about 1.2 but the fans would be happy & I think he could still do a good job.
Johnny Majors back to Pitt... Bill Walsh back to Stanford... Bobby Petrino back to Louisville... With the exception of Bill Snyder, I can't think of many times when this worked out — and Snyder never really left, just moved upstairs for a few years.

I think TECH is lucky to have Coach Johnson as well. We have been consistent except for the 3-9 season when we
lost a lot of talent from the previous season and then had a rash of injuries. Even then he takes down Florida State in a game
TECH should have lost. We have played for the ACC championship three times and won one. We have had some great years
with somewhat average players. The coaching at TECH has usually been very good. I feel that this defensive move will be a positive one.
I think Taquon will be mush improved and we also have a very talented freshman coming in. The new uniforms will be great.
We got the new locker rooms. We will never be a BAMA or Clemson but we can have good teams along with a great one every now and then.
This last year we lost two games by two points. We had a game cancelled that we might could have won. We had a new QB who struggled
at times. We lost our star BB to poor decsions. Our attrition last year was awful. I think nine kids transferred. Just a tough year.
I think the ACC is tough in that there are a lot of great coaches in this league. You will probably start seeing a difference in the SEC east now
that you see some good coaching hires.

Back