Has Paul Johnson struggled calling the offensive plays

The problem with this argument is that it completely ignores reality. Hamilton started as a freshman. Vad didn't. Calling this his "third season" is idiotic. It's his first real season. Hamilton threw 188 passes his freshman year and ran 95 times. Vad Lee threw the ball 56 times his first two "seasons" (one of which was a redshirt) and has still thrown it less in his career than JH.

I don't have the number of plays in front of me, but expecting two players to develop at an identical rate where one started and the other redshirted and was a backup is just plain dumb.

To be fair, your assessment is more than a little misleading as well.

He was a bit more than a "backup" last year, given ample opportunity to take the starting job and a considerable number of snaps with the starters, not in mop up duty either.

Both were redshirts as well.

How many times either QB threw a pass is an irrelevant comparison since they are in different offenses. Number of snaps is a relevant comparison.

So, saying he is in his third full year may be a stretch, but acting as though it is hist first year of exposure to the offense is a stretch as well.

Umm, you might want to talk with some grown-ups about football. Sometimes, when a team loses, it is not because the DC out-schemed the OC. Also, if you look at the exchange between the adults to which you responded, you'll see that it was about one game not all of them.

Apparently calling cj a mediocre pro has not made you less arrogant about your ignorance.

:rotfl: really? My ignorance? We should sit at a game together sometime and you could actually learn about something instead of regurgitating simple observations. That and maybe you'd feel a little foolish in being so condescending about a troll you fell for like so many other fish. Pull the hook out of your mouth dumbass.

:rotfl: really? My ignorance? We should sit at a game together sometime and you could actually learn about something instead of regurgitating simple observations. That and maybe you'd feel a little foolish in being so condescending about a troll you fell for like so many other fish. Pull the hook out of your mouth dumbass.

You come to the games? :biggrin:

I still have my season tickets. I'll be at UGA with my tissues, KY jelly, and a shoehorn.

sounds like you're equipped not only for the game but for late nights in the 3rd street tunnel

:lol::lol:

You also do realize PJ gave credit to VTs DLine after the game saying that part of the reason for false starts and penalties had to do with what VT was doing on their DLine.... Right?

:rotfl: really? My ignorance? We should sit at a game together sometime and you could actually learn something about my magical wizard powers. I'm level 43 and am clearly better at identifying cave trolls, noob

ftfy

You also do realize PJ gave credit to VTs DLine after the game saying that part of the reason for false starts and penalties had to do with what VT was doing on their DLine.... Right?

I believe we had a ton of false starts against BYU as well. I dont' remember many against pitt despite their standout DT.

Now, you're just making things up. It's sad, really.

Opening Statement

“It was a tough game. Clearly you have to give Virginia Tech. They played better than we did. They probably coached better than we did. I’ve never seen so many mistakes. It seemed like every series that we had the ball on offense we either jumped offside or had some sort of penalty. We had a hard time picking up the blitz. It was a comedy of errors. Even on the big pass play we hit to Robbie [Godhigh], the B-back went the wrong way. If we ran the option we would turn the corner loose. And then defensively, it’s hard to gauge. We gave up a 95 yard drive. With special teams, it was awful. I don’t know what the average field position was, but it seemed like we were inside the 20 yard line every time. And against a good defense if you’re going to make mistakes, you’re not going to be successful. We’ve got to play better and we’ve got to coach better, bottom line.”

What was the bigger issue Virginia Tech’s defensive scheme or their personnel?

“The scheme is not any different then what most people play against us. The players are pretty good, but for whatever reason, it seems like we self-destruct. The first series we fumble the ball and we practiced that 8 million times with that guy coming in there. Then on the second series we’re moving the ball fairly well, but then we have two receivers who are on the back side of the play who are offsides - just a total lack of concentration. We also had a right guard who jumped two or three times on 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3. We’ve got to do a better job coaching.”

CPJ made other comments about going on two rather than one as not being rocket science.

Now, you're just making things up. It's sad, really.

CPJ made other comments about going on two rather than one as not being rocket science.

No. I'm going with what Kelly Quinlan posted on Rivals.

Why am I sad? You make the most basic of observations and parade around here like a messiah of football knowledge. News flash, show me one post you've made on this board that showed any real insight? Just one.

Back