Haynes King Is One Tough Son Of A Gun ..

True but to his point, we go 3 and out several possessions in a row before he uses it again. Then magically the offense is working again
A lot of them are reads too; so it’s a matter of King deciding to pull/keep it as opposed to a good/bad playcall. Unless they are telling him not to pull early on.

King is gonna get massacred next week if he takes off running too many times. I’d rather figure out another way to get yards.

A lot of them are reads too; so it’s a matter of King deciding to pull/keep it as opposed to a good/bad playcall. Unless they are telling him not to pull early on.
I’m not a football Xs and Os person , but it seems to me King generally makes good decisions when he has the option give or keep. But I may be reading the plays wrong too.
whatever the case, King embodies everything I want in a Tech student athlete.

you aren’t allowed to hit the QB in the head.
Apparently you are now.

While they were showing the replay, I joked in the game thread that the ACC refs were going to öööö it up despite it being spectacularly blatant. And they did not disappoint.

I’m not a football Xs and Os person , but it seems to me King generally makes good decisions when he has the option give or keep. But I may be reading the plays wrong too.
whatever the case, King embodies everything I want in a Tech student athlete.
If he would apply the same discretion to downfield throws, he’d be a top 5 QB.

We get 15 for a baby push on the sidelines, our QB gets high lowed with a targeting and the ACC office remembers to öööö GT.

Nah it was a penalty. A dumb push at the end. Live I thought it was a BS call until the replay angle. Gotta be smarter than that even when the shove does no damage.

The target... Well since it wasn't crown of the helmet it does require an indicator of targeting e.g. launch, crouch, dip of the head which was not there which leaves only this messy text:
"Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area."

Which IMO should have been called. Maybe it wasn't intentional but he went head first into King and shouldn't be excused for his dangerous bad form because he was probably trying to be clean.

Yeah the push out of bounds was definitely a penalty. He basically plowed him into the wall.
Technically, yes, as was the hit on King, but the refs decided to öööö us.

They could have called roughing the passer for the hit to the head, and maybe for going low as well. But the pieces of öööö swallowed their flags, and it took the booth to phone in the review for targeting. Only the targeting was reviewable, so they couldn’t tack on the roughing penalty after the fact. This is purely the fault of the asshole refs on the field.

I’m expecting the inbreeds to try and injure him since that’s how they usually play.
I was thinking this when I saw all the option plays we ran against Syracuse. Everytime he takes off they’re gonna try to kill him. I hope he stays unscathed throughout.

I was thinking this when I saw all the option plays we ran against Syracuse. Everytime he takes off they’re gonna try to kill him. I hope he stays unscathed throughout.
they hurt king and we'll just have to release some pyronmania on them.

Nah it was a penalty. A dumb push at the end. Live I thought it was a BS call until the replay angle. Gotta be smarter than that even when the shove does no damage.

The target... Well since it wasn't crown of the helmet it does require an indicator of targeting e.g. launch, crouch, dip of the head which was not there which leaves only this messy text:
"Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area."

Which IMO should have been called. Maybe it wasn't intentional but he went head first into King and shouldn't be excused for his dangerous bad form because he was probably trying to be clean.
yep. leading with helment is an indicator, and iirc opponent helment was about first thing that hit king. i missed it in real time, but replay seemed like a pretty easy call. bad when even announcers are totally confused. thanks acc

When King runs well we seem to win...guaranteed they will try and hurt him because they are trash. The will put a spy on King on key downs. They have a great secondary and will be able to afford to spy King most of the game if they need to...

Back