He's back!

Chan was the worst coach in the history of Georgia Tech and set our program back decades that only Paul Johnson's manliness was able to overcome.

that is a ridiculous statement, He beat Auburn twice Miami when they were in the top 5. Va Tech in Blacksburg. He had some really bad losses and the Wake game does go down as #1 worst loss in my career as a fan. The 51-7 loss to UGA wasn't that big a deal to me - we stunk that year anyway. The 15-12 to UGA was a terrible loss but the refs and his failure to run Choice screwed him. Worst coach ever - No way. Le*** and I was not a big fan of Curry nor Fulcher. Chan brought some great players in as well. His recruiting was actually better than CPJ. And I don't care about ratings, look a the players. Now with that said, CPJ makes up for it and some with coaching but to call gailey the worst coach ever is wrong.

CI actually think

I actually think Patti cost Gailey his job. Patti was the worst coordinator in Tech history. But must admit Groh is a close 2nd. They were different. Patti had no idea what he was doing and his play calling was awful. He did not understand the concept of "if they aren't stopping it keep doing it." So many times Choice was running over UGA and Wake and Nix would have Reggie throw the deep ball. He was clueless and cost Gailey his job. As for Groh, I have never seen an offense or defense so confused as to where to line up and what their assignment was than in the Middle Tennessee game. I would love to privately have heard CPJ comments as he watched the game film.

Wommack in my opinion was not that bad. For some reason he and CPJ just didn't match.

Most head coaches have one or two less-than-stellar assistant coaches on staff. O'leary had Huxtable and Roof; CPJ had Wommack and Groh.

Are you being serious? Not even in the same ballpark. Groh was a head coach in the NFL and college. Wommack is still a DC. Roof has been a head coach in college and a successful DC at many stops. Huxtable is still coaching at a high level and is the current DC at NCST.

Nix had no business being an OC in college and Gailey stayed loyal to him. Now he's coaching highschool football which is a step up from his last position of being a WR coach at an FCS school.

Dave Wilson was out of coaching and representing an apparel company before he was hired as our Recruiting Coordinator where he basically collected a paycheck and never showed up for work for 3 years snd Gailey only fired him after being forced too! Wilson has never managed to coach in college again and went back to marketing athletic shoes for a sports apparel company.

Don't be a dumbass. You clearly don't understand the magnitude of Gailey's awful hires that he defended repeatedly over what was best for the school.

Not sure I follow that about Wilson coming from a shoe store.

Wilson joined the Tech staff after five years at Mississippi State, including the last year as the Bulldogs' Coordinator of Football Operations. He also spent two years (1999-00) as Mississippi State's tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator and two years (1997-98) as administrative assistant after arriving in Starkville in 1997. During his time there, the Bulldogs won the Southeastern Conference West title in 1998 and played in three bowl games.

Wilson served two one-year stints at Florida State in 1996 and 1992. The Seminoles finished 11-1 and ranked second in the nation both seasons he was on the staff, participating in the 1993 Orange Bowl and the 1997 Sugar Bowl.

Wilson has also made coaching stops at Nicholls State, where he served as assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator in 1993, and at Troy State, where he was the running backs coach and recruiting coordinator from 1983-85. He spent two years as the head coach at Pensacola (Fla.) High School in 1994-95 and was an assistant coach on the high school level in Florida from 1986-91.

He seemed to coach or have some administrative role continuously since 1986.

Are you being serious? Not even in the same ballpark. Groh was a head coach in the NFL and college. Wommack is still a DC. Roof has been a head coach in college and a successful DC at many stops. Huxtable is still coaching at a high level and is the current DC at NCST.
I did not mean to imply that the examples were equivalent. After I reread your previous post, it now seems obvious that I completely missed your point. My bad.
Nix had no business being an OC in college and Gailey stayed loyal to him. Now he's coaching highschool football which is a step up from his last position of being a WR coach at an FCS school.
I agree completely about Nix. It still amazes me that Miami hired him.
Dave Wilson was out of coaching and representing an apparel company before he was hired as our Recruiting Coordinator where he basically collected a paycheck and never showed up for work for 3 years snd Gailey only fired him after being forced too! Wilson has never managed to coach in college again and went back to marketing athletic shoes for a sports apparel company.
Maybe he's taking a "Dabo Sabbatical" so that he can come back as a successful head coach.
Don't be a dumbass.
It's congenital; there's not much I can do about it.
You clearly don't understand the magnitude of Gailey's awful hires that he defended repeatedly over what was best for the school.
I admit that I don't. He hired awful coaches in Nix and Wilson and had to coach through Flunkgate, yet he never had a losing season. How could the magnitude of those hires been that detrimental? Was something else at play?

maybe this helps:

Coaching Career

Tampa Bay Storm (AFL, 2011-Present)
Georgia Tech University (2002-2005)
2000-2002???
Mississippi State University (1997-2000)
Florida State University (1992, 1996)
Nicholls State (1993)
Troy State (1983-1985)
Pensacola HS (1994-95)

his profile says "5 years at MSU" so maybe those two years he was classified as an admin and not a coach, so im not sure he was selling shoes

im sure BOR would try to paint him in the most negative positive light imaginable, so if he worked at MSU and also was officially a rep for an apparel company, im sure BOR would call that "selling shoes" and ignore the other part

however, his profile seems to gloss over the two years a little from my pov

but the dude was a Vietnam Vet and his son is a Navy SEAL so i dont doubt he is some kind of slouch or loser

http://www.footballuniversity.org/david-wilson

maybe this helps:

Coaching Career

Tampa Bay Storm (AFL, 2011-Present)
Georgia Tech University (2002-2005)
2000-2002???
Mississippi State University (1997-2000)
Florida State University (1992, 1996)
Nicholls State (1993)
Troy State (1983-1985)
Pensacola HS (1994-95)

his profile says "5 years at MSU" so maybe those two years he was classified as an admin and not a coach, so im not sure he was selling shoes

im sure BOR would try to paint him in the most negative positive light imaginable, so if he worked at MSU and also was officially a rep for an apparel company, im sure BOR would call that "selling shoes" and ignore the other part

however, his profile seems to gloss over the two years a little from my pov

but the dude was a Vietnam Vet and his son is a Navy SEAL so i dont doubt he is some kind of slouch or loser

http://www.footballuniversity.org/david-wilson
That Deshard Choice was a great player for us.

Read your link, specifically the parts they bolded.

:rotfl:

i was just looking at the coaching record part, not the fluff

he recruited him away from Oklahoma to get him close to him mom due to a special circumstance?? that whole part is full of crap, apparently

what was his other choice? Georgia State?

I did have trouble figuring out the paragraph on his time at MSU. I think it's 97-98 administrative assistant, 99-00 as tight end coach/recruiting coordinator and 01 as coordinator of football operations.

Wilson made a lateral move in 2002 as Tech's director of football operations for Gailey. So there doesn't seem to be much of a gap, but maybe there was enough of a gap for him to a job at Dillard's or whatever for a few months.

Yeah, because trying to hock athletic gear doesn't sound good on a bio. That's what the guy did for a short time before and for a long time after he coached GT.

Nobody has noticed the "Georgia Tech University" in his bio yet?

:lol:

PS, I have known quite a few coaches who once played themselves and are technically "reps" for Nike or Puma or whatever. That doesn't make them not coaches.

But I dont know Wilson's specific history. Let's ask him in an email. We could also ask him if we could buy some shoes

Gailey lost me forever when he said in that AJC article this year that he was a ugag 'fan' and was 'pulling' for them :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a loser Chan is.

Back