"Hey man, I like that hoodie."

Just IMO anyway.

I think this is a misinterpretation of those quotes. This was more an attack on the Jewish "karma-like" belief that wealth and prosperity was directly proportional to your favor with God. It's not about proper decorum before God.

There is also the line from Paul about covering hair and such for women that some people still follow.

I don't gripe about what people wear to Church, but I get dressed up when I can.

It's cool that the OP got to meet one of the most important members of this year's team. I think Days attitude in doing whatever he could to help his team win and all with a big smile was a big piece of our success.

I think this is a misinterpretation of those quotes. This was more an attack on the Jewish "karma-like" belief that wealth and prosperity was directly proportional to your favor with God. It's not about proper decorum before God.

There is also the line from Paul about covering hair and such for women that some people still follow.

I don't gripe about what people wear to Church, but I get dressed up when I can.

It's cool that the OP got to meet one of the most important members of this year's team. I think Days attitude in doing whatever he could to help his team win and all with a big smile was a big piece of our success.

Good job re-routing the thread back to the OP. That takes skill. :biggthumpup:

Thread nuke imminent. I'm wondering what level of defcon we'll reach before detonation.

LOL shoulda seen this coming, right? I guess. Next time I'll just say it was the Publix parking lot. Hopefully that doesn't offend the Kroger shoppers.

At any rate, it was a very cool, random thing to experience as a GT fan. And it wouldn't have happened without the hoodie!

LOL shoulda seen this coming, right? I guess. Next time I'll just say it was the Publix parking lot. Hopefully that doesn't offend the Kroger shoppers.

At any rate, it was a very cool, random thing to experience as a GT fan. And it wouldn't have happened without the hoodie!

Pic of hoodie?

Blessed are the hoodie wearers, for they will be called the children of Dodd.

IMO and only "IMO"

it is a respect issue and reverence towards GOD

I attend a FANTASTIC church (probably the best I have ever attended...and I use to attend Charles Stanley's church) however the dress code is relaxed and the music is too upbeat IMO

I just accept it b/c the quality of the preaching overrides these other issues.

it is Hickory Grove Baptist (north campus)

I grew up going to Hickory Grove Baptist. That was before they had multiple campuses though.

Your Christian Hipster Quotient:
57 / 120
Low CHQ. You probably belong to the purpose-driven, seeker-sensitive, Hawaiian shirt-wearing Christian establishment, even though you are open to some of the "rethinking Christianity" stuff. You seem to like edginess in some measure but become uneasy when your idea of Christian orthodoxy is challenged by some renegade young visionary who claims the virgin birth isn't necessary.

Is it okay for me to like PBR yet?

Your Christian Hipster Quotient:
70 / 120
High CHQ. You are a pretty progressive, stylish, hipster-leaning Christian, even while you could easily feel at home in a decidedly un-hip non-denominational church. You are conservative on some issues and liberal on others, and sometimes you grow weary of trendy "alt-Christianity." But make no mistake: You are a Christian hipster to at least some degree.

Can I ride my fixed gear bike to church?

Back