"Hill apologizes to fans"

Ha, Johnson had a helicopter land on Rose Bowl Field to take him to Macon for a speaking engagement. Bad-ass.

I'm pretty sure this was the first thing I noticed in the article and it was at the bottom! Awesome!

I'm pretty sure this was the first thing I noticed in the article and it was at the bottom! Awesome!

Maybe he should paint it gold and buzz the stadium where a Vol recruit is playing. That works, right?

He's not even half way through his true sophomore season. The idea that he needs to apologize is evidence there's too much hype being put on the guy. It's a sign of character that he's taking responsibility, but there is no reason a student athlete at his stage should be made to feel that way.

Funny how it seems like the Soph season affects many quality players in FB and BB. Much of what we are seeing is lack of concentration from our wide -outs. Hell, if there being asked to block 90% of the time - how can you blame? We can't have it all- but this remark (NOT AN APOLOGY) shows great character and his deep committment to winning for the program! I love it!

Funny how it seems like the Soph season affects many quality players in FB and BB. Much of what we are seeing is lack of concentration from our wide -outs. Hell, if there being asked to block 90% of the time - how can you blame? We can't have it all- but this remark (NOT AN APOLOGY) shows great character and his deep committment to winning for the program! I love it!

Personally I'd be willing to trade some blocking practice for catching ability.

Why should he apologize? He's still making decent to good blocks on the field and is probably just putting too much pressure on himself when it comes to receptions. He's academically eligible and hasn't committed any crimes. Seems like he's doing what he is supposed to and the receptions will come.

Why should he apologize? He's still making decent to good blocks on the field and is probably just putting too much pressure on himself when it comes to receptions. He's academically eligible and hasn't committed any crimes. Seems like he's doing what he is supposed to and the receptions will come.

Right. But Hill has obviously taken this harsh criticism (bordering on cynicism) all to heart. Unfortunately, he has been effected enough to publically apologize.

Too bad. I'm sure no one feels worse than SH about the drops and he's probably working harder than ever to get past this issue. He's working hard on the other aspects of his game as well.

But Jesus, we WON the game at Wake! But even if we had lost, I'd never advuiise a kid to apologize publically. All he needed to do was talk to Nesbitt and show he's trying. Hell, Nesbitt could have apologized privately to Hill (and others) a couple of times with poor throws. And they probably did so.

Unfortunately all the public apologies won't matter unless he can make a few nice catches against UVA on Saturday afternoon and thereafter. God forbid we lose a game. Maybe SH will let the criticism roll off his back like most others. But I think he really got hammered this week - and after a win.

Some of you need to actually READ the article. There was no apology. Only a headline stating that there was an apology, but there was none. This is BS AJC writing.

Some of you need to actually READ the article. There was no apology. Only a headline stating that there was an apology, but there was none. This is BS AJC writing.

I'd say we should add this to the running tally, but the next time I post a thread about how disgusted I am by the AJC for whatever their latest disaster/article is - all I'll get will be "The AJC really isn't that bad" and "Typical Tech fan bull****, bashing the AJC over nothing."

Our fan base is so caught up in policing it's own neuroses, it has forgotten that there were actual causes to them in the first place.

I'd like to see a transcript of the interview where he said this stuff (which I think the AJC should provide). I'd like to think he actually did apologize and they just didn't include the direct quote...that happens occasionally...but I agree the AJC has been irresponsible with headlines in the past so it wouldn't surprise me in this instance.

I totally agree, no one is perfect. Didnt Bay Bay drop one that might have beat UGAG. I can only speak for me but, i am proud to have you playing football at the flats.
Actually, before last season, I had the same faith in Demarius Thomas's catching ability as I currently have in Stephen Hill's. This is a nice gesture by Hill, but he can gain forgiveness by not dropping passes that hit him in the hands.

You think the O-Line will come out and apologize for tackling the patches of dirt?

Sounds pretty good. What I don't get is why does Macon have this and no other big cities in GA have a similar thing? (Augusta, Columbus, Savannah, etc.)

Atlanta has one that meets on Monday at Fox Sports Grille (Atlantic Station).

Back