Honest question....B. Lewis vs C.Gailey

LLCoolJacket, I have been a member of Stingtalk, almost since its inception. Those who have been a member of Stingtalk for a long time are well aware of my thoughts on Tech and its athletes.

You came on the board June 18th of this year, and you are trying to make an assessment of my posting traits on the posts you have seen since June 18, 2003.

Surely you are smarter than that. I suggest you learn a little more about each poster before you start throwing your expert opinions around regarding the characteristics of each poster.

You are a very unlearned person regarding all the posters on Stingtalk at this particular time. You may not even know what you are talking about. I think you would be wise to reconsider your opinions on all the posters until you can learn each one better.

If you had taken the time to follow my posts for more than a month, you might have some idea how I would be in real life.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso, I have argued with you for some time.

Forget about the inception of StingTalk.
I just want to know what is more important to you: Tech football, or your internet chat room identity.

You offer good stuff. Just don't get weird.

I have been a fan of GT football for 56 years. I have been through the very good times and the very bad times, yet I am still here supporting Tech football.

I come to the board for many reasons. My number one reason is learn the latest information on Tech sports. My second reason is to offer my input on the board on the various topics and to read the various opinions of others.

My last reason is to communicate ideas on the Other Topic section of Stingtalk.

It seems you want me to come to this board and keep quiet about the topics. If you will go back to the original post on this thread, BDS wanted to know everyone's opinion regarding the difference and sameness between Bill Lewis and Gailey's situation.

Reread my post, and I think you can find I did that. He asked everyone's honest opinion, and I gave mine. In my opinion, you are completely out of order on your tirade against me.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well, one thing that stinks out the most to me was that Bill Lewis only had head coaching experience at East Carolina. Furthermore, Lewis only had ONE winning season there, which was the year before we hired him. I don't think Lewis was a very proven commodity.

Coach Gailey's experience speaks for itself. He's been successful at the Div 1AA level. He was a successful OC for three pro teams. He was also a decent head coach of the Cowboys. Most people forget the fact that he took a Dallas team to the playoffs that proceeded to Tank the year after he was fired. Gailey's firing had more to do with his inability to please Aikman. Emmitt loved him, he had some of his most productive years under Gailey.

anyway, I think there are no real similarities between these two, and I think you'll see that over time.

BOR you said succintly what I was trying to say above. Gailey may not be successful at GT, only time will tell. But Lewis was a bad hire from the start. His one good year at ECU in no way qualified him to coach at GT and was entirely due to one factor, Jeff Blake. Since he didn't bring Jeff with him, there was almost no way he was going to win in Atl.

Originally posted by Ahsoisee:

I don't know if the fact Gailey was Baptist had anything to do with it or not, but it probably did not help his cause in this case with this core group.

All of the above is my theory based on some investigations I have made plus some assumptions on my part. There are more key angles, but it is left to you to find them out.

Now, find out why there was a core group of posters trying to oust Gailey and have continued to do so even though it is obvious he will be here this year to coach the team.

I will admit their silence this past week has been deafening. It is possible they have gotten wind the true reason for their dislike of Gailey will be discovered.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is a bit complex; let me be sure I understand it correctly. Gailey is (possibly) being undermined by a core group of non-Baptist, working together in a plot to undermine Gailey because he is a Baptist.

So even though Tech is in the center of the Baptist country and deep in southern football heritage, this inner core group is made up of non-Baptist; Catholics, Episcopalians, Hindus, Buddhist, Mormons? Surly, no Methodist? I shudder to think that a Southern Methodist would betray a Baptist!! Heh, heh heh, reminds me of the rush party at Animal House…but I digress.

Could this be a variation of the domino theory? Al-Queida attempts to destroy America by starting first with one of America’s pillars, southern football. By infiltrating the core group at Georgia Tech, they can topple Gailey then college football and the free world as we know it will soon collapse?

Ahsoisee, you have a wicked sense of humor.

71, I guess you did not read the whole post. I did not say it had anything to do with Gailey being a Baptist. I stated that I did not know if it had a part in the core group's thinking or not.

The emphasis was not on Gailey being a Baptist, but the common interest of the core group. Now, reload your gun and start hunting again. Your aim is to hunt and shoot the rabbits. So far, your hunting is amiss.

smile.gif

First, I thought Lewis was a bad idea from the start. ECU is totally different from Tech, especially back in those days. They were a sort of outlaw program who won with a crazy defense and Jeff Blake. They did not play sound football on a year in year out basis. Lewis parlayed his one great year into an upgrade by moving to Tech. Unfortunately he left his OC behind as ECUs new coach. Most ECU fans I know were happy with the trade.

Chan surprised me when he was announced. Can't say I was excited but he obviously knows football and has had success at a lot of different places. I've always thought he got a bum rap in Dallas, as that team was over the hill when he came in and continued to unravel due to players' age, injuries and Jerry Jones interference.

Both came into situations where a fast start were reasonable expectations. Lewis did get off the dime well but the team faltered and then quit on him. Gailey started out slow, hit a terrible streak of injuries and the team faded terribly down the stretch. What we know about Lewis is that he lost the team after that. We don't know yet how Chan will fare. To me that's all the comparisons you can do.

The conspiracy theories can be interesting but the fact is there is always dissatisfation after any coaching change. Some players don't like the new coaches, some feel slighted since they have to reprove themselves. I tend to downplay any kind of cabal after Gailey's head, but do assume the normal trials and tribulations of a coaching change.

Ahso, there is no tirade here. What I did was call BS on you, thats all, and I have every right to do it.

This place is suppose to resemble a bunch of Tech fans sitin' around, shooting the breeze on Tech topics. If that were the scenario and you or anyone else expelled your head shaking theory, I would have called BS. Instead of offering a foundation of support, you give cryptic clues. Hence, Ahso's Mystery Dinner Theatre.

Which is fine. Just say so.

I have been reading and writing well before 6/18. Tecnical problems with my old machine, and a lost password are the reasons for the new silly handle. I am the second edition of LuckyJacket.

Barrell O Rum, Bill Lewis was also a head coach for a school out west [I believe it was Wyoming]
before he coached at ECU.

I remember the handle Lucky Jacket.

To another of your responses, that is exactly the thing I am doing, discussing Tech topics.

There has been a concerted effort by a few to oust Gailey before he ever coached a down at Tech. The attacks have continued, up until the beginning of last week, and we are about to start a new season.

If you do not believe this you need to go back to the original hiring of Gailey and start reading those poster's contents.

You can read the stated views in their posts that they never wanted him. You will also read where they have stated "they wanted him gone before he had a chance this year".

Since I was curious and made my investigations into the situation, why is it unreasonable that I would know more about the situation than you? Are you saying, "if anyone knows something you don't know, it is only a rumor and is not true?"

This is exactly the thing you are saying about my post. Because you don't know anything about the contents of my post, you call them untrue and ridiculous.

There are two possibilities here. Either you are part of this cabal and are trying to pooh, pooh it, or you think it is rediculous because you have no personal knowledge of the situation.

I gave you a good simple option. Do some investigation and prove me wrong. Your stated opinions prove nothing about my posts.

rolleyes.gif

I am glad that you responded this way. Let me try to be succinct: I originally wrote what I did because I believe this type of "Ive got a secret" game is bad for Tech football.
It appears that you have enough information on the Gailey lynch mob to offer a reasonable explanation. Why don't you share it? Instead you would rather play the "Ive got a secret" game.

Why is this possibly bad for Tech football? I'll tell ya: Even though discussing rumors and innuendoes are fun for some, we,imo, should be talking x's, o's, depth chart, schemes, opponents, etc. on July 14th.
Don't you see how stirring the pot again on this sore spot will attract more attention than getting behind this years edition of OUR football team, coaches included?

So, you've got me all wrong. I am not part of the conspiracy, if there is one, nor am I the type to repulse ideas or opinions that are new to me.

Unless I have misunderstood your Chan the Baptist post, please let us know what you've got. Then, can we focus on BYU?

LLCoolJacket, I am definitely not playing a game here. It is much too sensitive for playing a game with this issue.

First, I did not say, "I've got a secret". I was not trying to play the, "I know something and you don't" game.

I stated the situation and stated as much of the information as I can release. I was trying to make members of the board aware there was another good possibility to the "oust Braine and Gailey" move.

Rather than to take the information and do a little research, you chose to ridicule the person making you aware of this situation. Your whole mess is of your own making.

You could have easily taken the information given you, and started your own investigation to find out if it was true, and if there are other elements I am not free to divulge.

Your response to my post is your own little mess. I have nothing to do with it. I have explained more to you than you deserve from this thread.

As I said earlier, if my opinions are wrong, go deeply into the matter with your own investigations and prove my opinions wrong.

rolleyes.gif

Ahso, you are absolutely impossible to communicate with, but thats my little mess too, I suppose.

When you author such cabalistic messages, you are bound to receive rebuttals such as mine.

In your last reply to me, you say you were'nt playing the "I've got a secret", and then you came right back and said you DID have a secret, but could'nt divulge. Thats fine, just say so up front.
You write as if you are a superior being. "I have explained more to you than you deserve from this thread" Geez. Thanks, Great and Powerful OZ!!!
I guess I am now suppose to ignore the man behind the curtain.
You have explained nothing, and nothing needs to be explained. This whole thing, just like my other rantings on you was prompted by my frustration over you writing in code, and then somehow trying to justify it by crucifying the critic. In this case, me.

LLCoolJacket, you have the same right as I have to investigate these issues, so go check them out or remain in the dark about them.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:
His one good year at ECU in no way qualified him to coach at GT and was entirely due to one factor, Jeff Blake. Since he didn't bring Jeff with him, there was almost no way he was going to win in Atl.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, he had a very good Offensive Coordinator that was responsible for ECU's offense that year. Of course, the OC stayed at ECU to become the head coach.

Actually, if anything Bill Lewis is starting to remind me more and more of Tommy Bowden.

Ms. Tech.. there hasnt been any attempt to get Gailey to leave.. disgruntled fans yes.. now Braine OTOH, yes, there was an attempt.. but none on Gailey..

And I agree with you.. there isnt a conspiracy .. the product on the field has not been stellar since 2000.. period .. I think everyone on this board or any Tech fan would want to see this product improve..

Early on there were some on this board who decided to give Gailey a chance.. just as we have every other coach that has arrived at Tech since Dodd.. some on the other hand, decided before Gailey moved into his office that they didnt like him, and thats their right... but dont confuse that with a product on the field.. there are some on here who didnt like him before he ever coached a down at Tech.. that has nothing to do with the product on the field.. only that they made the decision from day one that they would not like him.. and thats OK too..

Some will be happy with the wins and like the coach..

Some will be happy with the wins and hate the coach.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I remember the handle Lucky Jacket.

To another of your responses, that is exactly the thing I am doing, discussing Tech topics.

There has been a concerted effort by a few to oust Gailey before he ever coached a down at Tech. The attacks have continued, up until the beginning of last week, and we are about to start a new season.

If you do not believe this you need to go back to the original hiring of Gailey and start reading those poster's contents.

You can read the stated views in their posts that they never wanted him. You will also read where they have stated "they wanted him gone before he had a chance this year".

Since I was curious and made my investigations into the situation, why is it unreasonable that I would know more about the situation than you? Are you saying, "if anyone knows something you don't know, it is only a rumor and is not true?"

This is exactly the thing you are saying about my post. Because you don't know anything about the contents of my post, you call them untrue and rediculous.

There are two possibilities here. Either you are part of this cabal and are trying to pooh, pooh it, or you think it is rediculous because you have no personal knowledge of the situation.

I gave you a good simple option. Do some investigation and prove me wrong. Your stated opinions prove nothing about my posts.

rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Investigation in ousting Chan???? It seems as though the Big $$$ contributors haven't been able to do that, nor have they been able to oust Dave Braine - and that news has been in the open for quite some time. I don't call that a conspiracy, I call it concern by those who give LARGE AMOUNTS TO THE SCHOOL.

Conspiracy??? The only thing happening on this board is there are fans who believe this coach has what it takes and there are those fans like myself who don't! The final on field product and overall direction of this program for ALL to see and for those who will decide his fate will be the determining factor - no conspiracy here!

My goodness, if we posters had that much power in the final outcome - things might be better from all fronts at the AA!

Right now, the comparison is frightening.

Neither have put together a group of outstanding assistants, which is where college programs are won and lost. Gailey, because of his length in the game and stints in the pro's, met none of the expectations on putting a top-notch staff in place. Remember the rumor we were going to get Edwards or another top flight NFL asst. to run the defense?

Perhaps the biggest disappointment, after season one, was the falloff in strength and conditioning. One would think that he would see what is necessary to prepare players for an NFL season, but then again at that level they are all big and run. Maybe he just expected it.

Recruiting? Both on quantity and quality it didnt happen this year, so Lewis and Gailey are even after year one. Lewis was a public advocate of in-state recruiting. Im not sure what Gailey's recruiting philosophy is cause he never says anything.

Preparation? Nod goes to Gailey, cause he did beat UVa and NC State. Another UGA and Fresno and we might be calling Lewis back though.

Motivation? Dead even. Yeah, we beat BYU but lost to Wake. Yeah, we eeked one out over Duke but lost a golden opportunity to beat FSU. While Lewis's team absolutely quit, especially after the FSU loss at home, Gailey is right on his heels with that UGA debacle and the Fresno fold.

BDG, it was a good question, but it's painful to ponder. Right now, Lewis had longer tenure so there are more bad memories, but the way things are going your question is probably best answered in December.

Back