House V. NCAA

So college football and basketball will become minor leagues for the NFL and NBA. Unlike existing pro leagues there will be no salary cap.

There is no reason to require the players to enroll as students. They are professional athletes with no commitment to the school.

Why is the ACC paying more than the SEC? The NCAA formula to determine a league's reduction is based on distribution that league earned. Most NCAA distribution is related to participation in the bball tourney. The ACC earned more distribution so it will endure more reduction.( $33M more)

Why is the ACC paying more than the SEC? The NCAA formula to determine a league's reduction is based on distribution that league earned. Most NCAA distribution is related to participation in the bball tourney. The ACC earned more distribution so it will endure more reduction.( $33M more)
This is hilarious.

Maybe not the final nail in the coffin for me, but damn close

FB_IMG_1716577403828.jpg

green-mile-im-tired-boss.gif

I haven’t been following this in great detail and don’t want to go back and educate myself on it. If there is a $2.8B settlement, who’s collecting it, who’s disbursing it, and who’s it getting disbursed to? This is complete insanity and I’m just about done with it all.

Maybe not the final nail in the coffin for me, but damn close

FB_IMG_1716577403828.jpg

green-mile-im-tired-boss.gif
I agree with the panic and sadness. I feel it myself because the sport I love is in shambles. Let’s see how it plays out. I’m already at the acceptance stage of grief to be honest so I’m pretty much impermeable to this öööö. What makes me most sad is that my golf game is horrendous. I’m supposed to replace this with something damnit. I didn’t want it to come to this but it may have to be hunting. My dad will be happy.

So college football and basketball will become minor leagues for the NFL and NBA. Unlike existing pro leagues there will be no salary cap.

There is no reason to require the players to enroll as students. They are professional athletes with no commitment to the school.

That would be sweet as it would drive a stake in the heart of Title IX.
Can’t wait to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

That would be sweet as it would drive a stake in the heart of Title IX.
Can’t wait to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Oh this is great? Lovely to hear your idea in this bullshit lol

So this little time bomb is out there ticking:

I think Georgia Tech should sue the NFL and the NBA. For years Tech has been finding and training football and basketball players and getting them fully prepared to play pro sports, thus helping the NFL and NBA earn billions and saving them the cost of operating developmental leagues.

I have always loved sports, especially Tech sports. But, enough is enough. This is completely ridiculous. I am ready to close it all down and let these "athletes" and the pro leagues pay the cost of finding one another on their own.

If high schools and colleges quit playing sports, the athletes would have to pay to get educated and find real jobs paying a reasonable amount of money for real work. I would rather watch them do that than watch them play sports.

It's hard to get excited about cheering for people who switch teams every season and get paid more money for attending college than I will ever make in my life. I have almost seen enough.

There is a development league for BBall now though

I agree with the panic and sadness. I feel it myself because the sport I love is in shambles. Let’s see how it plays out. I’m already at the acceptance stage of grief to be honest so I’m pretty much impermeable to this öööö. What makes me most sad is that my golf game is horrendous. I’m supposed to replace this with something damnit. I didn’t want it to come to this but it may have to be hunting. My dad will be happy.
fly fishing, video games and baseball cards. thats what im doing.

I think Georgia Tech should sue the NFL and the NBA. For years Tech has been finding and training football and basketball players and getting them fully prepared to play pro sports, thus helping the NFL and NBA earn billions and saving them the cost of operating developmental leagues.

I have always loved sports, especially Tech sports. But, enough is enough. This is completely ridiculous. I am ready to close it all down and let these "athletes" and the pro leagues pay the cost of finding one another on their own.

If high schools and colleges quit playing sports, the athletes would have to pay to get educated and find real jobs paying a reasonable amount of money for real work. I would rather watch them do that than watch them play sports.

It's hard to get excited about cheering for people who switch teams every season and get paid more money for attending college than I will ever make in my life. I have almost seen enough.
and i dont think its hyperbole or overreaction at this point to say its ridculous. cause it is. i think the "players deserve to be paid" crowd is going to have less ground to stand on the more out of control it gets.

for me personally this a an i told you so situation. it was an easy to predict öööö storm.

I'm leaving the donations to the fat cats. For every one of me who could donate a modest amount, there are 20 at a factory. No sense in wasting my money playing a losing game. I'll be an old-school fan through tickets, merchandise, attendance, and viewership. That should be the limits of what is asked of us as fans.

I've got two great grandkids,two more on the way, and a great grand niece. There will be plenty of options for Saturday afternoons to be enjoyed!

I’m as nervous as the next guy about how all this turns out but we have one card we haven't played yet.

What I'm still tossing around is whether or not college football can survive if the only two conferences left to compete for all the marbles are the SEC and B1G.

It's an easier question if you flip it to basketball. Would March Madness continue to be what it is if the SEC and B1G pulled away and left everyone else in an NIT bracket? Nope.

While it seems things are on a runaway train, at the end of the day, I'm not sure the economics, once quantified, will support the model that the B1G and SEC are pushing.

I think the mistake the SEC and B1G are making is they are assuming that the pie they are getting a much bigger slice of is going to be the same size as it is now.

Bad news for them is that card we haven't played yet that so many in this thread have mentioned. The pie is about to get a whole lot smaller.

Back