How can Chan recruit now? We

texstinger

Dodd-Like
had a less than stellar year and now he has to look parents in the eye and answer why our academic support staff let our own players down. I am not 100% behind CG, I support the team 100%, but how is he suppose to overcome this?

Recruiting is the life line for any program ... I pray we don't take as big a hit as this could project!

There is only one way - PR, winning and the whole cast of characters putting forth all their efforts in the recruiting process.

PS - Forget all the inner-workings have to change first!

"There is only one way - PR, winning and the whole cast of characters putting forth all their efforts in the recruiting process."

May I say that this includes (also) StingTalk?????

Originally posted by techsamillion:
"There is only one way - PR, winning and the whole cast of characters putting forth all their efforts in the recruiting process."

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">WAY TO GO I'M WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by techsamillion:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's it!!

Supporting the TEAM?? The team is more than just the players that play it.

Talking down a program you love on a public forum doesn't help the team at all.

That's how I see it... point blank!!

If you've got problems with how things are run, I feel this is one of the worst places to bring it to the table to have something done. Doesn't help the program or get anything accomplished.

GO JACKETS!

There's another forum where a bunch of stuffy, middle-age men censor & control the dialogue in a disturbing display of neo-naziism. Last thing 18 year old kids want is to go to college where the specter of their parents lurks around every corner.. This place offers a nice balance and shows kids that they can have a little freedom without parental-like domination...

Nice try, guys.. You can hide your daughters in closets & not let 'em date until they are 30 if you wish.. That's your business.. but freedom rings here...

Beebad, but like GTT says..."WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO??" to talk down the program on this or any other internet forum. What constructive good does it do for the program's reputation?? I mean what good does it do besides venting your unedited feelings to whoever wants to read them and making yourself feel good.

Drinking a great deal and going down to a major street corner or public area to shout your opinions will do the same thing, except maybe not as many folks will hear them.

What good does it do? Why don't you go ask the kids at the GT student newspaper, or the kids that run the GT online newspaper, go ask columnists at media outlets, people who editorialize on TV, talk show hosts.. all people who express their opinions either positive or negative about things they care about or have a vested interest in... Go ask them.. I'm sure they can provide you with an answer.. I get asked this question all the time and if you guys who keep asking it would like to pony up the capital I will go out, do the research, interview everyone I can find who critiques America, our politicians, our universities, our coaches, & our institutions and find the definitive answer for you...

BeeBad, you do not deserve and answer, because you really don't have a clue. However, your remark, "This place offers a nice balance and shows kids they can have a little freedom without parental-like domination", is the same argument being used against Gailey's disciplinary methods.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by techsamillion:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's it!!

Supporting the TEAM?? The team is more than just the players that play it.

Talking down a program you love on a public forum doesn't help the team at all.

That's how I see it... point blank!!

If you've got problems with how things are run, I feel this is one of the worst places to bring it to the table to have something done. Doesn't help the program or get anything accomplished.

GO JACKETS!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I respect you greatly, GTT. However there is a fine line to this argument. On the one hand you want positive vibes and no damaging negative info being spread. On the other hand, you want accountability, things not swept under the rug, in a word you want the truth.

If things are amiss it does no good to stick your head in the sand and pretend that things will get better. You have to work to make things better. The only thing we (alums and friends) can do is make sure that those with responsibility are held accountable, and we would like to do it in an encouraging way.

However, for this to be done positively, the AA has to actually engage us, i.e., talk to us, have press conferences, address our questions and concerns, etc. They are conspicuously evasive about this and other matters, so we have not choice but to apply more pressure, in effect try to embarrass them publicly on here until something is done.

I guess you could say it would be better to call and make an appointment and try to go speak with the responsible parties. Well, I'm not going to live that long.

I don't mind people who have concerns pointing them out. What bugs me are those who seem to take such delight in jumping to any negative conclusion about Tech, and then claim to be Tech fans. If you have a problem state it and then be open to discussion on it.

Ramblinwise1, I think all fans have a vested interest in the football team as we are truly stockholders in the company.

I think all fans want some accountability. I think it is essential that fans speak out to the administration and demand someone look into the problems we have.

All fans should be concerned about things that affect Tech football. However, that has not been the problem here.

The big problem that many are trying to address are those coming out in a pack when they smell blood and try their best to bring back the old hate Gailey and the administration for not retaining Mac and the old regime.

It is evident that some want nothing more than to use the academic situation to reopen their original feelings regarding hiring someone from outside instead of keeping Mac, O'Brien, and Roof.

Yes, your reasoning is valid, but I am sure you see the agenda that some have tried to push on the board. I don't think anyone is against your opinion of making the administration and coaches accountable for their actions or lack thereof.

smile.gif

agree ahso and ncj,

in the search for truth there is nothing more infuriating as those who present untruths and partial truths as THE truth to further their own agenda. You have to deal with it every day in business as well, sorting thru excuses and allegations to determine who is really performing well and who is hiding from accountability.

In the courtroom we have created an adversarial system that honors biased presentation and interpretation of facts and information and says that the truth will prevail the scrutiny. Personally I think that system stinks, but thats the way we have come to think as a country. Put your spin on everything that happens instead of open minded, hardcore analysis.

As far as recruiting goes, if we play decent football and kids see chances for them to play we will be able to recruit just fine. We don't have to win particularly, but we need to be competitive and exciting. An article last year, don't remember what paper, did a mini-survey on the top ranked kids to see why they chose schools. It mainly comes down to how they feel about the coaches, chances to play early and how comfortable they are with the campus and team. All the platitudes about education and tradition, etc., are mainly just that. Remember these kids are 17-18 years old and to them tradition is the last 4-5 years.

We may have some trouble explaining to parents about keeping their sons in school, but this also gives us a chance to revamp our support programs and use it as a positive. The biggest worry I think is what the opposition will do to us on the recruiting trail. That's why I think we need to major overhaul, for PR sake if nothing else. Even if we really think everything is fine as is (???) we need a major shakeup for the media.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
I don't mind people who have concerns pointing them out. What bugs me are those who seem to take such delight in jumping to any negative conclusion about Tech, and then claim to be Tech fans. If you have a problem state it and then be open to discussion on it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NCJACKET... you have hit the nail on the head..

I have enjoyed this board due to the fact that you could say what was on your mind, good or bad.. and unfortunately there has been alot of bad the past year or so... but there has also been alot of good.. (I have noticed certain fonts make it a point to steer clear of the positive threads though)

It seems that pointing out the bad isnt enough for some on here, it seems they really do derive delight in taking every cheap shot they can towards Tech, the coaches, etc... the amusing thing though is that they also want to bash the AJC for doing the same... if you read most of the posts on here during the past few months, the AJC doesnt hold a candle to this place for bashing Tech...

I for one, do not enjoy posting negative comments about those associated with Tech.. but this board has turned into a bashing board for Tech.. you hardly ever get news here anymore, just half baked opinions from people who just love to bitch... about Tech !!

There is a thread almost a year and a half old where I stated that I did not care for Braine and thought he handled the coaching change very badly.. but I dont feel the need to use this forum as a Braine Bashing Center... I either get on the phone to him, or write him a letter, or if I have time, stop by his office... then move on!

BeeBad... you didnt answer the question posed to you (but the printed garbage was appreciated) .. the answer to the question is this.. the only good it does is that it makes YOU feel better by posting something negative.. why dont you get on the phone and talk to those responsible instead of getting on here and hiding from those responsible? Why dont you give us a post telling us about that conversation?

Jacketguy, That's the way I feel as well. Thanks for saying clearly what I was thinking.

Go Jackets!

Not arguing with you Jacketguy, but maybe Beebad is trying induce support for his ideas and that in turn moves those in power.

Back