How can Chan recruit now? We

Jacketguy.. I think those of you that indicate irritation at my criticism of The Regime are really dawg fans who want him to stay so you can humiliate us every year...

YOU HAIRY DAWGS IT WON'T WORK !!!

On a more serious note.. I've never cut & pasted someone else's post before but think it is so incredibly articulate that I'm going to.. (first part edited)

This thought by Ramblinwise (Couldn't agree More)

"On the one hand you want positive vibes and no damaging negative info being spread. On the other hand, you want accountability, things not swept under the rug, in a word you want the truth.

If things are amiss it does no good to stick your head in the sand and pretend that things will get better. You have to work to make things better. The only thing we (alums and friends) can do is make sure that those with responsibility are held accountable, and we would like to do it in an encouraging way.

However, for this to be done positively, the AA has to actually engage us, i.e., talk to us, have press conferences, address our questions and concerns, etc. They are conspicuously evasive about this and other matters, so we have not choice but to apply more pressure, in effect try to embarrass them publicly on here until something is done.

I guess you could say it would be better to call and make an appointment and try to go speak with the responsible parties. Well, I'm not going to live that long."

JacketFan and GTT.. thanks for the kind words..

Techrod.. I didnt take your comment as argumentative at all.. you have a good point, but I still think that speaking with someone directly is much more effective than posting an opinion on a message board.. the coaches at Tech have always taken the time to speak with me and have always given a clear explanation of any question I have posed to them...I have yet to have one of them answer me from a message board..

Beebad, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.. and I am certainly in your camp in terms of disappointment in regards to the latest news about our football team..... but in my opinion, it takes less backbone for someone to come on a message board and spew venom than it does to make a phone call to Gailey or Braine... I guess I just feel better going to the source, and feel worse when I am writing an inflammatory comment about Tech or those associated with Tech.

Originally posted by BeeBad:

I guess you could say it would be better to call and make an appointment and try to go speak with the responsible parties. Well, I'm not going to live that long."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beebad... thanks for the chuckle.. somedays I know exactly what you mean...

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by techsamillion:
"There is only one way - PR, winning and the whole cast of characters putting forth all their efforts in the recruiting process."

May I say that this includes (also) StingTalk?????
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's it!!

Supporting the TEAM?? The team is more than just the players that play it.

Talking down a program you love on a public forum doesn't help the team at all.

That's how I see it... point blank!!

If you've got problems with how things are run, I feel this is one of the worst places to bring it to the table to have something done. Doesn't help the program or get anything accomplished.

GO JACKETS!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess you better talk this talk to the media, newspapers, talk radio and Big Time Money Contributors as well. This is why everyone is talking, it didn't take this forum to bring this about. The program has been through this before and it's only because we care -- it always regroups!

Jacketguy, wish I could take credit for that quote you cite.. it was from Ramblinwise.. (Haven't gotten around to figuring out how to use the quote buttons & some of the other bells & whistles on this board)

Well we don't have to worry about opponents coaches throwing down the old calculus book in front of a recruit anymore - Braine has appointed Carol Moore and a few other bearded wool blazer insiders at Tech to do it for them.

Back