How do we judge success in 2003?

Old foggy, I am an old fogey and think things are generally more simple than they seem.

Personally, I think we had some excellent QBs on the team with great talents. I am convinced all of the quarterbacks will be greatly improved due to Nix.

Friegden was a QB and proved he could fine tune the talents of a quarterback. His molding of quartebacks is becoming a legend. Steve Spurrier did the same. I believe Nix will do the same.

Had Nix been the QB coach last year, it could have been a different season.

wink.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

Friegden was a QB and proved he could fine tune the talents of a quarterback. His molding of quartebacks is becoming a legend. Steve Spurried did the same. I believe Nix will do the same.

Had Nix been the QB coach last year, it could have been a different season.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahsoisee,

I believe Friedgen was on OL, not a QB. More in the mode of John Madden than Steve Spurrer.

71B I am almost sure the Fridge was an OL not a QB. I'll stand by my statement why go after 3 QB's when you already have 3 QB's on roster unless thats one of the gaping holes.

Ahso', RF did play a limited amount at QB but was shifted to OG where he did most of his playing;this was the spot where he earned Academic All ACC.

Go Big Ralph!!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

I knew Ralph started out as a QB and outgrew the job, much like Kentucky's QB. However, he did play QB and knew the ins and outs of it.

He only moved to the line when he became so big.

It is evident by his molding of QBs that he did not forget the mechanics of the position.

wink.gif

It is disappointing that expectations have fallen so fast the conference championship is not an expectation among most of our fans. I did say expectation, not a wish or a hope.

The program should be judged ultimately on wins and losses, but at Tech that has to fall into a zone of reality. Very few of us raise the bar to a 9, 10, 11 win level where not reaching it is considered a failure ala Miami, Oklahoma and Michigan. This program should be capable of being every bit as good as the Maryland's and NCState's, but we are not thinking that way now.

Another paremeter is beating your arch-rival. While wins are wins and losses are losses, they are not all equal. Losing to Duke is of more significance than losing to Auburn for example. Likewise for wins. As for meaning, save for a unique game like a conference championship on the line or a major bowl, nothing compares to beating Georgia. My personal opinion? Given 8-4 and going to a toilet bowl like last year vs. 6-6 but a win over Ga. among the six, I'll take the latter.

The prognosis is not good for even a better than .500 record this season, so this is a valid question for the AA, fans, etc . Just what do we expect from our football program?

As for Georgia people visiting here, I thought Beestorm was pretty clear a few weeks ago but I'll be even more so. Get the hell out of here. No one cares about your fat lineman or how good you think you are or your thoughts about our team. If you were welcome at the Hive then go there - but dont whine here. You people really are intent on reaching new levels of stupidity - let me go slow so you can hear this over the roar of the tractor - TO HELLLL WITH GEORGIA!!!

Back