How do we judge success in 2003?

GoldZ -

Do you really believe this is a down year for UGA and that Tech has a real opportunity to win? I beg to differ. Yes we are replacing a senior OL, but every one of the players who will start next year got significant PT in '02 and faced our DL every day in practice. Our starting OT's are monsters at 6'5" 365 lbs. and 6'9" 325 lbs. David Greene in a recent interview stated that he has a tremendous amount of confidence in the guys who will be stepping into the starting rolls. What is interesting is our OL was playing much better at the end of the season when the new guys came in and played more ball. My biggest concern is at RB, not OL. Milton is good, but I don't think he is the complete package. He will be pushed by Cooper, Browning and Lumpkin (if Lumpkin can learn the system quickly enough). Nevertheless, it is a question mark.

Defensively, UGA is stout. IMO our DL will not miss a beat without Sullivan because we have Golsten, Anderson and Veal all of which are outstanding players. Are DE's are the best in the SEC by a mile and maybe the best in the nation. We will miss Boss Bailey and Tony Gilbert, no question about it. However, we've got guys coming in who played a lot last year and we will get serious contributions from a couple of players from this recruiting class. Odell Thurman is a stud at MLB. Our DB's are rock solid - tons of experience and talent in that department. Teams are going to find it very difficult to throw on this D.

I fully expect David Greene to have another solid season with DJ coming off the bench to add another dimension to our offense. I love our WR's especially Gibson, Gary, Johnson, Watson, Raley and McClendon. Loaded!

I don't know if we will go 13-1 this year because you need a lot of breaks to put up those type of records, but I expect we will be a top 10 again.

Dawgbyte take your milkbone and go to Athens. No one gives a damn about your team. These are private conversations among our own.

ahsoisee,

If we go 10-2, Gailey is back in the NFL and GO'L is submitting a revised resume for consideration.
wink.gif
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
laugh.gif

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahsoisee,

If we go 10-2, Gailey is back in the NFL and GO'L is submitting a revised resume for consideration.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's cool ramblinwise1, but can you give us some REAL thoughts that are eduacated and full of reason.
wink.gif

blue.gif

Originally posted by Big Buck:
Dawgbyte take your milkbone and go to Athens. No one gives a damn about your team. These are private conversations among our own.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, dawgbite, EAT öööö AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
puke.gif

Originally posted by FHstinger:
Yea, dawgbite, EAT öööö AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
puke.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">relax dude. might be taking this stuff a bit too seriously.

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahsoisee,

wink.gif
laugh.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's cool ramblinwise1, but can you give us some REAL thoughts that are eduacated and full of reason.
wink.gif

blue.gif
[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not in the mood...

Relax and let the leghumpers take over our board? Not for one minute, jimbob!!!!!!!!!!
drinking.gif

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ramblinwise1:

wink.gif
laugh.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's cool ramblinwise1, but can you give us some REAL thoughts that are eduacated and full of reason.
wink.gif

blue.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not in the mood...[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Alrighty, That's cool.

Hope you're doing well!
blue.gif

Actually the post was by me (i.e. Gailey and GO'L)...not ramblinwise1, just little needling intended as a bit of humor, nothing more.

On a separate note, as the starter of this thread, I do not appreciate a dog being let in to make a mess. Hope the administrators will kick this one out of the house, he has left his mess on several topics the last few days.

Chill Lads -

I was responding to a post made by GoldZ. I was hoping that the discussion would turn to an analysis of strengths and weaknesses between the two teams, not a bunch of immature name calling.

I would have never received that type of response on The Hive. Posters would have countered with Tech strengths and we would have engaged in a repartee about possible outcomes. What's up with you people?

dawgbark .. your bark is worse than your bite.

why do you think we should indulge you and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of uga??

go do that in the vent.

Originally posted by DawgByte:
Chill Lads -

I was responding to a post made by GoldZ. I was hoping that the discussion would turn to an analysis of strengths and weaknesses between the two teams, not a bunch of immature name calling.

I would have never received that type of response on The Hive. Posters would have countered with Tech strengths and we would have engaged in a repartee about possible outcomes. What's up with you people?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you haven't noticed, this is not the Hive. Not that I have anything against the Hive. This is StingTalk though. What are you doing coming over here?

Another thing that seems you haven't noticed as well. This is a GT board. This isn't a kennel, petsmart, zoo, or whatever you call your boards. This is StingTalk.

How do you judge a succesful season???

Easy.

Go to a decent bowl. Not that pathetic one we went to this year and...

Beat a decent team in that bowl. Not that pathetic one we lost to this year.

Gailey...woo hoo.

After thinking about and reading everyone's responses on this topic - success would be coming on Stingtalk in 2003 and having less concerns, worry and negative opinions about our football program. That to me would be our success!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
After thinking about and reading everyone's responses on this topic - success would be coming on Stingtalk in 2003 and having less concerns, worry and negative opinions about our football program. That to me would be our success!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey now that's a unique perspective.

Originally posted by DawgByte:
Chill Lads -

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">thanks then, go on over to the Hive and don't let the door hit ya in the backside...

I have read most (actually all) the comments but I guess I'm taking a different road. GOL left us with what most on this board figured was a pretty well stocked cupboard. Actually it was pretty empty. 6-6 Chan stays for another year maybe 2, 7-5 he's probably good for at least 2 more years to give him time to get his system and recruits in place. I agree as said above improvement from game to game and be much better at the end of the season than at the beginning. Better S&C so the team is not man handled on the ol & dl. Better half time adj's. I think CG recruited to get the people who could make an immediate impact and to fill holes that are needed example QB, how many times does a team with 3 QB's on the roster go after 3 more highly recruited QB's. This is not a pro or anti CG but to me a realistic look at the situation at the flats. I want at least a 7-5 season and competitive team even in a loss. One more little tid bit before and after the Fridge was at the flats GOL was not much of a miracle worker but at best he brought us to parity with the teams on the schedule which was some what over 500.

Back