How long will Bobinski last?

I agree his days are totally numbered. However I put that number in the thousands...and don't think it will end by external influence.

He needs to somehow find a way to activate the untapped resources of wealth in the fanbase.

With Paul Hewitt, recruiting was a success. The only problem was winning with the star talent that we had. With BG we havent shown ability to win or recruit...

We can't have success without winning. We had no consistent success. That's why he is gone. That's why BG may be gone in couple years.

Gone in a couple of years is my guess. Likely on his own volition... He might be gone before CPJ! :lol: Giving CBG a renewal was such a pointless move. CBG has been worse than Hewitt from every standpoint except beating UGA. Shows me that Bobinski doesn't want to rock the boat or make any moves. Probably waiting for a job at the NCAA?

Can't agree with any point you're trying to make.Giving Gregory a small extension was a great move considering that he has some ass kicking recruits committed.Worse than Hewitt? As you pointed out, he has yet to lose to Ugay , where as Hewitt lost to them 7 straight games(if I remember correctly). Gregory played the first year with Hewitt's players with no home court advantage. Last season he brought in a couple of good recruits and held his own against ACC competition, and this season has lost 4 of his everyday players to injuries,plus his freshman point guard Jorgeson.Tech's major problem is Johnson who coaches the main driver for most of the revenues that Tech receives. His complete disdain for any football Tech football fans,his inability to compete with top ACC teams,and his just god awful refusal to meet with any media outlets and promote the Tech brand,and lastly his inability to coach his recruits up.

My take on Bobinski is that the "interview" he gave was due to so many alums/fans contacting him (indirectly through his filters) that he had to do that interview. Did he say anything of importance...no. Has he once replied to a couple of emails I sent to him via his Tech email address...no. Have I heard from his assistant (filter) to my couple of emails...no. Do I have the right to feel that he is not doing his job....yes.
TERRIBLE communicator to the alumni base and fans. I do not know of anything that he has done to make Tech a better place.
I am still stewing from DRAD and his nonsense and costly errors and Tech continues to pay for it.
Personally, I don't believe Tech sports is in a good place at this point. So much to do and so little to support that anything is being done to address problems. I am not saying firing anyone....but when we are faced with so many negatives and losses coming at us in every direction one would think we all would hear some positives and directions are forthcoming. My thirteen cents on this.

Could it be that Rad's focus on external communication reduced his effectiveness at executing his internal tasks? You're stewing about issues that Rad left behind, maybe you should let another style try to fix those.

I am part of large (34 seat) suite for GT Football and have been for the last 6 years. Bobinski didn't stop by our suite one time during the football season to introduce himself or say hello. That's all I need to know.

He probably saw a game on the schedule and went to the basketball arena those days

I am part of large (34 seat) suite for GT Football and have been for the last 6 years. Bobinski didn't stop by our suite one time during the football season to introduce himself or say hello. That's all I need to know.

Did you invite him? Or are you mad because he respected your privacy.

Did you invite him? Or are you mad because he respected your privacy.

The AD has to raise money. It is his job to establish good relations with donors. That's not sarcastic. That is, literally, a major part of his job.

I'm shocked that he didn't stop by the suites to introduce himself and say thanks to the people who buy them. It is surprising if he, in fact, did not do that. Donor relations are definitely in his job description. And yeah, that generally means telling every donor how important they are, even if they aren't that important (ala, I buy season tickets and a seat in a suite, even though I'll never write a six figure check type), because the way you raise money is making everyone feel that their gift makes a difference (and 20 $5000 checks make a difference).

At this point we probably need a "Do-Nothing" AD as of now. A 1 yr extension to CBG isn't the end of the world...it was pretty much a do-nothing move, imo.

He has been handicapped by 2 AD's financially irresponsible decisions. His hands are tied. Not gonna judge him harshly based on previous administration's errors.

At this point we probably need a "Do-Nothing" AD as of now. A 1 yr extension to CBG isn't the end of the world...it was pretty much a do-nothing move, imo.

He has been handicapped by 2 AD's financially irresponsible decisions. His hands are tied. Not gonna judge him harshly based on previous administration's errors.
He can start doing stuff in couple years with the new ACC money kicking in. Projected to be $5 million extra in couple years.

Gone in a couple of years is my guess. Likely on his own volition... He might be gone before CPJ! :lol: Giving CBG a renewal was such a pointless move. CBG has been worse than Hewitt from every standpoint except beating UGA. Shows me that Bobinski doesn't want to rock the boat or make any moves. Probably waiting for a job at the NCAA?

"except beating UGA ..."

Wow

Sorry for the late response but..

#WRONG

The amount of handwringing over the fact that Bobinkski doesn't respond to asinine emails from fans is hilarious.

I agree. But I also agree that he needs to be communicating with the alumni and fanbase better than he does. Emails isn't the way though.

I agree. But I also agree that he needs to be communicating with the alumni and fanbase better than he does. Emails isn't the way though.

While I agree with you, I'm not so sure about the email part. In this day and age of social media and instant contact through emails, Twitter, Facebook, etc, I think the new era AD's are going to be forced to interact with donors in these types of manner.

No, I don't think it's the AD's responsibility to respond to every individual email. However, when it comes time for raising money and they're looking for donations from people who give annual money, those people (me included) do actually like to feel like our money is appreciated. If the only time that you ever hear from the AD is when he's doing an interview once a week on a sports radio talk show, it doesn't actually give you the sense of "he gives a crap".

Back