How many games to y'all think GT wins in 2016?

TennesseeJacket

Varsity Lurker
How many games do y'all think the Jackets win in 2016? My opinion is that they rebound from 3-9 to 8-4

Boston College@Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech W
Virginia W
@Georgia L

I think 8-4 Georgia Tech plays 7-5 Florida in the Belk Bowl

I'm calling a loss to UVA right now. Bank that. Mendenhall is the only coach on record saying he loves to coach D against the option, and the last two times we've faced him he has coached rings around us. He's generally a good coach, and will have mixed success at UVA, but UVA is going to own us in particular going forward.

The actual stingtalk prediction polls hit when, August? I can't remember.

My early take:

Boston College@Dublin 0.9
Mercer 1.0
Vanderbilt 0.9
Clemson 0.3
Miami 0.4
@Pitt 0.6
Georgia Southern 0.8
Duke 0.6
@North Carolina 0.7
@Virginia Tech 0.6
Virginia 0.3
@Georgia 0.4

7.5 wins

It would have been nice to have Virginia Tech and Virginia earlier in the season. They both have new coaches.

It all depends on how the offense looks...

It's all about the offense, and we will have significantly more experience, depth, and athleticism at the skill positions this year. Jordan should be able to contribute on short yardage, which we really missed with the loss of Byerly. I've given up hoping for improvement by the defense. The OP's prediction seems right on target to me: 8-4 (5-3).

We are gonna find out a lot about the offense against BC. They were really solid on defense, may be an ugly defensive game. I think we could win 7-10 games. Need some breaks but with a senior QB and a little easier schedule should have a chance in every game.

We'll definitely have more depth at the skill positions than last year but the OL still worries me. I don't expect improvement from the defense at this point so my projection is based on same defense, maybe a little better OL because i refuse to believe we will be as bad or worse, and a replenishment of skill players without many seniors.

I expect us to win the first three, take at least one of Pitt Duke and southern, and beat UVA. VT kept foster so I have very little hope there despite the new head coach. Not that a new hc and staff is a weakness for them. You just can't coach offense much worse than Scott loeffler. Miami Clemson and UNC seem like real long shots because Richt, national title type team, and UNC is finally good.

Whether we win 5 or 6 will depend on how the ball bounces against pitt and whether we can get up to play for Duke. If the skill player depth is really good for us we could turn it into 7 by taking all three in that stretch.

I have hope for UGA to be a close game. New QB, new DC Mel Tucker has presumably never faced the option, even if Smart sort of has. I don't think we have the horses for it this year, though.

I'm going 6-6 on optimism. Absolutely no idea what a bowl would look like.

Boston College Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt L
Georgia Southern L
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech L
Virginia W
@Georgia L

If the ol hasn't improved it's going to be another long season. I'd say 6 based on the reports from spring practice.

My reasoning is as follows. There is only win that has a higher probability than 80%....Mercer. There are two losses that have a probability of greater than 70%...Clemson and Georgia. All other games hover within 10% of a 50-50 chance. So, assuming that Mercer is a win, Georgia and Clemson are losses, and there is roughly an even split between the rest, then here's how I see it:

Wins / Losses / Attitude
5 / 7 / Slightly Pessimistic
6 / 6 / Slightly Optimistic
7 / 5 / Moderately Optimistic
8 / 4 / Significantly Optimistic
9 / 3 / Wildly Optimistic
10 / 2 / Delusional

Back