How many games to y'all think GT wins in 2016?

Some teams figure they can beat Tech with athletic superiority, so they don't make much of an effort to prepare for much outside the TO or anticipate CPJ's adjustments. That was probably even more true at Navy. CPJ is usually good at finding those deficiencies in their strategy. But coming off of 2014, most of the teams spent more preparation time on Tech than usual. Our offense wasn't executing well and didn't have enough experience to incorporate adjustments. This year, more depth and experience at the skill positions will make us more dynamic on offense, and maybe the bad season last year will lull some teams back into some overconfidence in their athleticism. I think the opener against BC will be an early indication of how our season will go.
I believe you're on to something here. BC has a tough D and sometimes our O doesn't click on the first game!

Looking back at the 2015 season, we had an unusual number of wet or rainy games. We lost close games to Duke and UNC on rain-soaked fields. The ND and Clemson games were also wet, but they probably weren't close enough for the weather to affect the outcome. Off hand, I don't remember the weather at other games, except FSU was dry. There were a lot of reasons for last season being so bad, but I think the weather conditions slowed us down and maybe contributed to injuries, especially early in the season. Let's hope for better playing fields in 2016.

BC-W
Mercer-W
Vanderbilt-W
Clemson-W (We own them in Atlanta)
Miami-W
Pitt-L
GSU-W
Duke-W
Cheaters-L
VT-L
UVA-W
Athens JC-L (Until we beat them 2 in a row I have a hard time predicting a win over them even though we play better there)
8-4 overall
5-3 ACC

BC-W
Mercer-W
Vanderbilt-W
Clemson-L
Miami-L
Pitt-LW
GSU-W
Duke-W
Cheaters-W
VT - L
UVA-W
ugag-W
9-3 overall
5-3 ACC - we miss the ACCCG but may go to a decent bowl game (maybe)
Bowl game - W/L - win and we stay ranked and we start hyping for 2017 with a newbie QB; lose and we get all doom and gloom for another offseason or basically the same as every year.

Honestly, I could see anything from 4 to 10 wins. Have no idea how new OL and defenders will pan out. Hopefully, we won't have all of WR/AB/BB playing two months after they stepped on campus, which was the situation second half of last year.

How many D1 teams really prepared for his Navy squad? He was able to catch them unprepared. It simply is not the same at GT when after a couple of years of success, everyone of the D1 teams spend time getting ready to stop his offense. I am not a big fan of recruiting rankings on HS kids but CPJ simply has not been able to recruit enough top talent since his arrival at GT. The ACC is getting stronger and all the schools are getting really talented players. Combine that with very good coaching staffs and CPJ has a lot of work to do to win.
Been saying this for years . ...got to have horses to run I'm KY Derby

Our O does tend to start slow, but I think part of that is playing ööööty teams to start the year.

I think a bigger game brings focus to the summer practice. Win or lose, I think it helps throughout the year.

fTTBLia.gif

Every game but Mercer will be a test.If JT gets hurt, we could go 3-9 again..If the Def grows up we could win 7.Probably win 5 or 6.

Back