I am the crazy guy on TV from the VPI&SU game, AMA

Rodzilla

Dodd-Like
EXCITED-GEORGIA-TECH-FAN.gif

gtrower said:
Haha I know him too. And don't hate, that's what it looks like to have Nesbitt's broken arm, Attaochu's fist, and Vad's ineptitude melt away from your memory simultaneously.

Can confirm, 100% truth, I was there for all of these.

GT flunkout said:
Awesome. I had the same reaction as that dude watching it. It's not for these brief moments of extreme joy how can you rationalize all the heartache? Impossible.

Exactly.

Ha! Very nice. First question (obviously)- Is the solid 7.0 next to you your wife/girlfriend/sister?

She was with me, the kid was not (kid answer is a bit further down)...took us a while to figure out what her reaction was (we were a bit caught up in the moment) but we decided she was saying "did that just happen," turned to me for a high-five, realized I was a tornado of emotion, and turned to the much safer high-five target in front of her (a player's parent, not sure whose). Go figure, this was actually her first football game ever. She's a Bears fan and I thought she'd been to an NFL game before, but found out on the drive to Blacksburg that this was her first football game ever.

After I calmed down she got her high-five. Maybe more than one, I don't really remember....I had a good bit of bourbon in the 2nd quarter when it was looking less than promising.

The boy? What did you do to him?

I have no idea, actually. Somewhere around the start of the 2nd quarter he started whining to his dad (the guy clapping behind him) about how he wanted to go home. The dad put him next to me because there was space and told him to take a nap. My main theory is the kid was sleeping (or trying to) when we scored the game-tying TD, and our celebration woke him up. I'm thinking the camera cut to us right after he stood up...

Is this like a sci-fi situation where your disgruntled soul embodied itself next to you after being exorcised?

That actually might be a more likely explanation than my nap theory. Especially after the pain of watching the Attaochu punch and Nesbitt broken arm. These were almost the exact same seats I had when I watched Nesbitt break his arm there, right in front of us...ugh.

Why was everyone else around you so much more subdued? Did they at least go crazy when we won?

It's mostly players' parents. You'd think that means they'd be more excited than your standard fan, but you'd be wrong...it's similar to sitting in club seats at BDS. Sit down most of the time or you're going to get someone telling you to sit. Also, I don't think many of them had been through the pain of close VPI losses that I have...and they were more sober.

Nice job fighting off those shadow demons from Ghost. That was a close call, bro.

Thanks, but I was actually doing my best blind praying mantis fighting something impression (my favorite comment I've seen about this gif....from reddit).

Question, were there invisible midget ninjas attacking you from all sides that we cant see but you can?

Yes, about a half dozen floating Beamer head spectres, all yelling "CHOP BLOCK" repeatedly.

Nice work rod! Very nice.

You should change your handle to gifzilla to commemorate the first ST'er to be gifed.

I don't think I'll be changing my handle, but I was honored to be used as the story URL for the reddit post GT just beat VT for the first time since I've been a student here. Hell yea! And I still have my piece of the goalpost from 2009...

Question: Why did you go with the wrong shade of gold?

You can thank my sleep deprivation and being in a hurry when I was leaving the house for my choice of clothing. I had gotten my Nesbitt jersey out to wear and completely forgot it in my living room. Halfway there I talked myself into believing it was bad luck to wear that jersey in Lane Stadium after what happened in 2010, and fortunately I had another GT shirt packed in my overnight bag.

Last edited:
Ha! Very nice. First question (obviously)- Is the solid 7.0 next to you your wife/girlfriend/sister?

The boy? What did you do to him?

Is this like a sci-fi situation where your disgruntled soul embodied itself next to you after being exorcised?

Why was everyone else around you so much more subdued? Did they at least go crazy when we won?

Yeah we basically all want to know what is up with the boy.

Otherwise, love the celebration!

Yeah we basically all want to know what is up with the boy.

Otherwise, love the celebration!

This. Looks like some moments-after-severe-trauma going on there. Are we looking at some kind of modern-day Abraham here? You were going to sacrifice the boy to Dodd for a win and at the last moment he was spared? That's about what I imagine Isaac looking like after that whole ordeal. Little flamboyant for how I picture father Abe himself though.

Question, were there invisible midget ninjas attacking you from all sides that we cant see but you can?

I like to watch this assuming the girl is looking at this guy and that's what causes her reaction.

This. Looks like some moments-after-severe-trauma going on there. Are we looking at some kind of modern-day Abraham here? You were going to sacrifice the boy to Dodd for a win and at the last moment he was spared? That's about what I imagine Isaac looking like after that whole ordeal. Little flamboyant for how I picture father Abe himself though.

lol...sorry to ruin the image of that, but it's a lot less funny answer than that. I've been answering in OP.

I don't believe that is you. Send pics of the chick next to you to verify.

Nice work rod! Very nice.

You should change your handle to gifzilla to commemorate the first ST'er to be gifed.

Back