I can't believe the total idiocy I'm reading here

Buzzfan

Flats Noob
I can\'t believe the total idiocy I\'m reading here

Yes!!....Saturday was a TOTAL debacle of the highest magnitude...one for which I am STILL at a total loss. To some degree, I'm betting the staff and (most) of the players feel similarly. I've never seen a team (at any level) fold like we did this weekend past.......hopefully I never will again (unless it's someone we're adding some creases to, of course).

But.......some of you savants think we need to shove the coach out the door over this game and/or the season? PLEASE!!!! I expect lunacy like that out of agenda-centric _______s like Beeware, but some of these others just perplex me.

Did we really get so spoiled by consistent QB/offense performance with Hamilton and Godsey and a healthy bunch of RB's that we're ready to disband the program after one season with shaky QB play and having to start RB's that were on the scout team coming out of Spring?

So.....you really think the guy who brought Frank Beamer to VT and saw him go 2-9 in his 1st season THERE (following a 9-2-1 season the previous year) and stayed the course with him is going to pull the rug from under Chan at 7-5? How can anyone with a bit of sense (which apparently rules out several in this venue) see this as a reasonable....much less, necessary....option?

Yeah....and the powers in Happy Valley shoulda' deep-sixed that Paterno guy after he started out matching his predecessor's 5-5 record and getting outscored by UCLA and Michigan St 91-19.

Some of what I'm seeing posted here just makes me think of the last line from 'The Bridge on the River Kwai'.....

"Madness!....MADNESS!"

Re: I can\'t believe the total idiocy I\'m reading here

DBjr,

I appreciate family loyalties as much as anyone does.

I can also understand and respect different opinions when well articulated and posted with a degree of decorum.

None of this I found in your posting.

How about cleaning up a bit before you step in the house again?

Is Dave Braine worthless? Few here have said that. Is he capable of making a mistake in selecting a Head Coach? You bet he is. I know what its like to try and sort out top exectives, i'ts darn tough to tell the realy good ones from the not-so-good. I suspect it's the same in selecting a coach. Sometimes in spite of your best efforts, you make a mistake. Yes, and sometimes you can mistake by reacting too quickly when the guy doesn't meet expectations.

Tough call on Chan Gailey but either way, few of us really think the decision will be one made by idiots.

A million dollars a year will buy you a load of ass-chewing when you don't do your job. This isn't a conspiracy. CG opened this can himself.

Originally posted by Buzzfan:
So.....you really think the guy who brought Frank Beamer to VT and saw him go 2-9 in his 1st season THERE (following a 9-2-1 season the previous year) and stayed the course with him is going to pull the rug from under Chan at 7-5?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why do you guys keep spouting this myth??
Braine didn't hire Beamer. Beamer was hired by Dutch Baughman. Please share this with the numerous other "Braine Saved VT" fonts out there. He did nothing of the sort.

I'm in total agreement with you, Buzzfan, but I do wish to point out that Braine did not hire Frank Beamer at VT. Beamer had been there for a year when Braine arrived. He was quite patient with him, as I think one should always be with coaches.

My hats off to the many GT'ers, ST'ers and Hivers that predicted the 7-5 season BEFORE THE START OF THE YEAR! I went with the optimistic prediction of 11-1 so needless to say I'm disappointed. Apparently though there was disunion of opinion about what to expect and also some circumspect rational thinking. There's no excuse for the outcome in cowtown but probably a good many foreshadowed one of the 5 losses there. That seems reasonable to me now though unacceptable nonetheless.

Georgia's team is repleat with Seniors and all-SEC kind of players. They're bigger, faster, older, wiser, more-seasoned and meaner. We're significantly younger, in the midst of a state of flux, w/o our all-american defensive captain and playing our frosh and walk-ons at the skill positions (God bless 'em ,they did a great job).

This season's over, save for a possible chance for some redemption in an undeserved bowl trip, and to not face the facts or to be screaming for heads to roll at this point is to be in denial. If we'd had a "perfect" year where nothing went wrong, the staff was in their 3rd or 4th year and all the breaks rolled our way we might have faced Georgia 10-1. That did not happen.

Mea culpa....you fonts are correct....Beamer was NOT hired by DB, but....was retained by him following that horrendous 2-9 initial campaign, DESPITE the great wailings and gnashing of teeth from much of the Hokie faithful (sound familiar?)

Originally posted by DustJacket:
Why do you guys keep spouting this myth??
Braine didn't hire Beamer. Beamer was hired by Dutch Baughman. Please share this with the numerous other "Braine Saved VT" fonts out there. He did nothing of the sort.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Braine did stick with Beamer when all the Hokie fans wanted him fired. Any Hokie fan will tell you this. That is a fact and is the point of the "Braine Saved VT" fonts.

Madness is standing by and letting our student-athletes down by allowing Coach Gailey to continue in his current job. I firmly believe this team is much better than what we saw this year. I suspect Bilbo would know his playbook and provided onfield leadership this years offence lacked and that the injuries would have been less of a problem because conditioning did not appear up to what we have seen in previous seasons. Just plain madness to allow this continue until it is way too late to even be hopeful for 6-6 records.

But.......some of you savants think we need to shove the coach out the door over this game and/or the season? PLEASE!!!! I expect lunacy like that out of agenda-centric _______s like Beeware, but some of these others just perplex me.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Buzzfan,
Contrary to your diatribe above, the only agenda I have is to not sit quietly by as Dave Braine and Chan Gailey destroy our beloved football program at TECH.
The performance at Ugag is just an indication of the pathetic coaching staff that we have now.
It is not and it was not necessary.
And if this madness doesn't change soon, it will take a decade or more to overcome the damage that is being done.
And this was not a surprise....it was clearly forewarned.

I am with you Buzzfan.... not happy about Saturday... but still more proud of this years team than last ... even with the let down in Athens... this team has fought this year...

The fact that Braine found Paul Hewitt (and I dont care if he was his 12th choice and used a magic 8-ball to confirm the selection) buys him MUCH credibility.

Thank of all the Football coaches and Basketball coaches that Dooley has gone through at Ugag.

But DustJacket is right when he says that 1million sallary will force high expectations. I just want to see improvement. If we improve on this year to the next year I will be happy.

8 & 4 regular season is a fair expectation. If he delivers that I will think he has done his job.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Buzzfan, I agree with your post, top to bottom. Some sort of mass hysteria has almost taken over StinGTalk, and it is perplexing. Beeware, for instance, and his "decade to rebuild" talk: he's just lost it.

No one is prescient enough to judge any major college coach on his first year performance, but many here are absolutely sure they know the future. Even if CG does not get the job done (though in my opinion he will), right now he's our first year coach and I'm going to support him.We ALL lost to UGA, not just the enraged fonts on this board, and we're all unhappy. It seems rather stupid (I'm being kind) to pick a scapegoat and and squall, "Fire him, fire him!"

GT is going to survive this loss and prevail.

GO JACKETS!!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!!

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

For those of you who haven't thrown in the towel----&gt;

Glad to see you fonts coming out!

As Belly said, we'll survive and prevail. I'm speaking of GT football and it's fans!

GO JACKETS!

Looking back over the last 40 years of Tech football, do you honestly see any evidence to support your statement about "surviving and prevailing" in such a situation as this?

I don't see any such evidence. We haven't "prevailed" YET in those 40 years; "survived," yeah.

Originally posted by Reckbert:
Looking back over the last 40 years of Tech football, do you honestly see any evidence to support your statement about "surviving and prevailing" in such a situation as this?

I don't see any such evidence. We haven't "prevailed" YET in those 40 years; "survived," yeah.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Uh...1990? Let's see, GOL's run? Many successful seasons, many big wins, many bowls. Lenny Snow?L'il Joe? Bobby Dodd is in those 40 years. Many, many days of pride in the white and gold. And, one of the best SCHOOLS in the country.

Why not go pull for someone else if you can't see any good in Tech? I'm serious. Pull for bama, fsu, miami. Pull for ND. If Tech doesn't define winner for you, go somewhere else. Why not? Life is too short to hang around a program that you have contempt for.

And before you tell me what a big fan of GT you are (like so many negative fonts love to do), how about acting like it for a while. Get behind a coaching staff, an athletic department, and a bunch of Georgia Tech players who all feel worse than we do. Support them instead of sucking your thumb and whining.

Yeah, but it ain't over til it's over and it ain't gonna be over as long as I'm still alive to pull for the Georgia TECH Yellow Jackets!

Originally posted by beeware:
Contrary to your diatribe above, the only agenda I have is to not sit quietly by as Dave Braine and Chan Gailey destroy our beloved football program at TECH.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Pray tell Beeware.. .share with us EXACTLY what you have done... I am anxious to hear of your activity...

Back